Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    God obviously knew us before you were born...our physical and genetic makeup but what God may not know is what is the future outcome of an individual due to our free-will as a person's personalities is based on the inherited genetic makeup of the parents and the environment that one interacts.
    You portray your god as an idiot. The Bible says he has perfect knowledge of everything. This is why making up excuses for the conclusions you don't like is a waste of time. Just face reality. You don't really believe what the Bible says. You just make the Bible say what you want it to say. Your faith is nothing more than an illusion.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

Not from this world...from the other side

Does God knows Everything?

Does God knows Everything? God is perfect in knowledge but He may not know everything especially men's heart i.e. character. If God knows everything, why test Adam and Eve? There are other examples below....Think again (See my comment in red):

Genesis 3:8
    And Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord, amongst the trees of the garden.
    As if God did not know they hid among the trees by asking "Where are you?".

Genesis 11:5
    And the Lord came down to see the city and the town.
    As if God could not see or know beforehand?

Genesis 18:9
    And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
    As if God didn't know where was Sarah?

Genesis 18:17-21
    And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do? (v.17)
    And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and, if not, I will know. (vv.20-21)
    As if God don't know and need to go down and see for Himself.

Genesis 22:12
    For now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
    If God knows everything, why need to test Abraham if he would kill his son?

Genesis 32:27
    And he [God] said unto him [Jacob], What is thy name?
    As if God did not know his name?

Numbers 22:9
    And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?
    As if God did not what were these men?

Deuteronomy 8:2
    God led thee these forty years in the wilderness ... to know what what in thine heart.
    If God knows everything why God need to test thine heart?

Deuteronomy 13:3
    The Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God.
    If God knows everything, why need to prove?

2 Chronicles 32:31
    God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart.
    If God knows everything, why need to try him?

Job 1:7, 2:2
    And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, from going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
    If God knows everything, why asked Satan "Whence comest thou"?.

Hosea 8:4
    They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not.
    As if God knew not about setting of kings and princes?

God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-12-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Rose misinterpreted the Jeremiah's verse.

The verse, "Jer.1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." sounds as if a doctor is looking at an X ray film of a fetus and saying, "before you were born I know how you look like, what gender you are and from your genetics test, your physical makeup, your characters and future profile". God obviously knew us before you were born...our physical and genetic makeup but what God may not know is what is the future outcome of an individual due to our free-will as a person's personalities is based on the inherited genetic makeup of the parents and the environment that one interacts. if one is born from good parents and evil environment, there is a chance that the person may be influenced by the evil environment and becomes evil; same with evil parents and good environment. It is a noted fact that personalities is molded from the joint interactions of the inherited makeup of the parents and the environment i.e. Nature versus Nurture; Hereditary versus Environment. see wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_psychology

Jesus seems to confirm so in His parable below when he seems to say that God created man but not knowing how he may developed into good or bad but when man has reached maturity and at the ripe time, He will gather them up:

Mark 4:26-29 — The Growing Seed
    He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed
    on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and
    grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first
    the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is
    ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.”

God Bless.
    Hello Cheow,

Of course god doesn't really know how anyone will turn out because he was created in the minds of men.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Does God knows Everything? God is perfect in knowledge but He may not know everything especially men's heart i.e. character. If God knows everything, why test Adam and Eve? There are other examples below....Think again (See my comment in red):
    All the examples you posted shows he doesn't know everything, yet other verses say he does.

1 John 3:19-20

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Isaiah 46:9

I am God, and there is none like me,
    declaring the end from the beginning
    and from ancient times things not yet done.

Matthew 10:30

But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 139:4

Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

There are plenty more verses that say he is all knowing.

And if the Bible can't even portray its god without contradicting itself, then how do we know he is all powerful? Well, it just so happens that the Bible contradicts itself there as well.

Science knows there was no Adam and Eve, flood, or tower of babel etc...

Thank you for exposing the Bible for what it is. The works of MAN.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

Hello Rose
    This is way off the topic of this thread. However, I suppose to answer you in this thread is to spread the word of truth throughout the different threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello David,

For a person like you who holds the Bible to be the word of god, have you ever stopped and tried to understand what a passage like Jeremiah 1:5 means?
    Jer.1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

According to that verse, god is intimately involved with the formation of Jeremiahs soul and spirit. There is no impartiality whatsoever in god's actions, he created the person he wanted to be his prophet. If you believe that god created every human soul just like he did with Jeremiah, then you must also believe that god is responsible for how each person turns out ... even if they have free will.
    I have thought about that verse Rose as with many other verses that seem puzzling until an understanding is resolved that sits comfortably with other scriptures.

I shall try to keep the answer short, at the expense of not giving a full explanation. This is the way I understand what is going on.

God does get involved with the people; not with all people, and not with people who do not serve his purpose. This is one assurance as (2 Tim 2:19) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. Conversely, the Lord knoweth them that are not his. Who could they be? For a start, you can class all the reprobates that God has cast off.

The Son of God is the one person we can see was predestined. Jesus did not exist before he was born. The birth of Jesus was his beginning. Jesus was foretold. It was in God's plan for Jesus to be born. God knew exactly what would happen to Jesus in the way that he would be killed. God is not only working in the life of Jesus, he is working in the kingdom of men. God was and is very hands on.

The one advantage Jesus had in his life is that he was being instructed in God's ways from an early age. I doubt a minute would go by in which God was not observing his son. God is working in the kingdom of men to bring about his plan. Things happened in the life of Jesus to test him. We should remember that Jesus was brought up in a household with God as his Heavenly Father instructing his child in a way that natural parents fail and cannot do. For example, you think you are doing everything right for your children. You could teach them at home, but you cannot stop them from learning from others who are a bad influence. The more so as parents who do not home tutor, but send their children to school where they are influenced by children who do wrong. The big failing today is; the principles of God are not being taught in schools. The principles of God are not harmful; they can only benefit society. Even if you do not believe in God, God's principles are correct.

You could say that the life of Jesus was stage-managed. That is not controlling Jesus to the point that is taking away Jesus's freedom to choose. From the early age of 12, Jesus knew what his destiny was and Jesus was willing to comply; (Luke 2:49) I must be about my Father's business. Every day, Jesus could say that to himself (as if he needed to be reminded). As Jesus grew in wisdom and knowledge of the scriptures (ancient Hebrew texts) Jesus knew what his Father's business entailed. Jesus knew that he had to offer himself as the only presentable sacrifice to take away the sin of the world. Was that easy to do? No. Why not? Because Jesus suffered. Jesus suffered mental anguish. The natural tendency would have been to say; I do not want to do this. However, Jesus knew it was the only way. There was no escaping that conclusion even though Jesus would have tried to think of every reason and excuse not to be tortured and killed. Jesus had faith and confidence in the power of God to raise him from the dead. Jesus overcame his mental struggle and that is why it was his choice in the end to do that which he knew was right, which was the will of God, and was the only way that would save humanity by God keeping his word and sticking to his principles.

We have to have faith in God; (Heb 11:6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.. Anyone who does not believe in God, or his Son, and who does not have faith, is not going to please God. That is excluding themselves from being saved. Therefore, like reprobates, God does not have to work in those people's lives. They can be dispensed with at any time of God's choosing. God can concentrate on those he knows are his. Once God has identified those who believe and have faith, they become his. They are predestined to be in the kingdom of God to come.

Only God can search "the heart". That is the answer to Jeremiah's question. God can tell if a person makes, or is going to make the grade by which that person "becomes his". (Mal 3:7) And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. There is confirmation in that verse that God is selecting those that are predestined to be in his kingdom, because they have been chosen, and judged suitable, even in the day when God's own son, to whom all judgement has been given, judges them. Jesus will make the same judgement as his Heavenly Father has already judged.

Not only do I have faith in the resurrection, given by the assurance that God raised Jesus from the dead, I also have confidence in the mercy of God to forgive me for all the wrongs that I have done and by association with God's son through baptism, I have the spiritual covering of Jesus, whereby with his perfect and spotless covering, I am presented to God as having the righteousness of Jesus. Without God's forgiveness and mercy and provision, there is no hope.

Hence we come back to God's greatest promise in John 3:16; [For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Those are the assuring words of Jesus and the promise from God. If you do not believe that, and are committed to following the teaching of Jesus, then what is the logical conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I also would hope that all those who read my charges against the Bible, would look deeply into Scripture as I have done, to see for themselves what is written there. Everything that I say against the Bible, is backed up by what is actually written there, I have made nothing up.
    I do appreciate it when you give Bible references, but sometimes (as we all do) it looks like we are cherry picking bits and pieces to support our idea; in so doing we do not take into account the whole message from which those verses have been taken.

I agree you are making a case from the Bible, but I disagree that you are making the case correctly. The whole of the Bible has to be balanced, otherwise we will have an unbalanced understanding.

We have to take God's promises as absolute. We have to take God's pronouncements as absolute. We have to frame all the other things we read of around those absolutes. I will finish by way of one example. There are those who say that the nation of Israel has been cast off. I disagree and the reason is that God made a promise NEVER to totally cast off and make a full end of them. (Jer 30:11)(Jer 46:28)for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished. Look at all the great empires that have passes away and look at the miracle that is Israel to have regathered and formed a nation once again. To deny this, is to deny the word of God. The nation of Israel is God's witness that he is working in the kingdom of men as told in Dan 4:17 That brings us back to the point that God's plan will be accomplished, because God can make it happen.

The death of Jesus happened right on cue to the very point that as the High Priest was killing the Passover Lamb in the temple, so Jesus, the lamb of God was killed on the tree. When you consider all the events which took place and the way Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts, the Bible could not have been written just by men without divine inspiration. That sort of detail could not have been invented by men. If you do not see what is written, how could you think that people could have thought it up up in the first place? If you do not take everything written into account, you are missing so much out. Hence, since you have not balanced the Book, you have a biased (unbalanced) understanding. I am not holding myself up as knowing the Bible perfectly, but I am balancing the Book more than others are doing. I consider the goodness and severity of God. I consider the strict judgement of God as well as the mercy of God. I balance the actions of God with the actions of men. For those who want to accuse God of being merciless, they do not consider the ways in which God is merciful. (Psalm 86:15) But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. That is why all aspects to God's character have to be seen and balanced. God is righteous; that is an absolute. That is why I say (once again), before you blame God, you have to blame man for being at fault first.

I still have passages in the Bible to resolve and understand fully, but that does not diminish the understanding of the word of God I already have and the message God has given to all of us, if only we would read it and get understanding. I cannot say that entirely of you, unlike those who have not read God's word, yet are critical of God. However, I think you are failing to balance the Book and that is the cause of your own bias against God.

All the best
    David

Hello Cheow
    I have just finished replying to Rose. I agree with the points you make.

I will add this; following one point from the list you made. I know you know this, and so I say it for the benefit of those who do not.

e?[/COLOR]
    2 Chronicles 32:31
    God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart.
    If God knows everything, why need to try him?
    God is testing people in order to select those that "are his". (Jer 17:10) I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jesus was tested. God set up the tests for Jesus. Jesus came through all the tests.

God is caring for his children (those that are his). God chastises his children for their good. (Prov 3:12) For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

How is God all knowing and how is God overseeing the lives of all those he chooses and predestines to be in his kingdom to come? It could be because of his Angels that do his will and (Heb 1:14) sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

We also have this assurance; (Psalm 34:7) The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

While God's Angels are doing his will and looking after those predestined to be in the Kingdom and maybe reporting to God on our progress, God is able to know what is going on and at the same time be directly observing things himself, as for example, he was observing the life of Jesus. It was God who said; "this is my beloved son; hear ye him" the moment he saw his son baptized and fulfilling all righteousness.

We are told; (Psalm 34:15) The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

Whether it is by God being a spirit and being able to go to any place and see through all things, we do not know the way God is operating. God has network of Angels by which things get done and God is reported to. God knows, no matter what the means that knowledge comes to him. A quick read of a person's mind and God knows everything there is to know, even down to every atom that is the pattern for the spirit of a person as when Jesus commended his spirit int the hands of his Heavenly Father.

Why have Angels if God can be everywhere and do everything himself? Before we understood what "networking" meant, we have the example of God using a network of Angels.

In whatever way we think God works, all we can say is; "God knows". God knows the end from the beginning in that God knows what end to bring about and he has the capability to work in the kingdom of men to accomplish his plan and purpose on behalf of all those will believe in him and his son, and have faith.

All the best
    David

Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    All the examples you posted shows he doesn't know everything, yet other verses say he does.

1 John 3:19-20

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Isaiah 46:9

I am God, and there is none like me,
    declaring the end from the beginning
    and from ancient times things not yet done.

Matthew 10:30

But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 139:4

Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

There are plenty more verses that say he is all knowing.

And if the Bible can't even portray its god without contradicting itself, then how do we know he is all powerful? Well, it just so happens that the Bible contradicts itself there as well.

Science knows there was no Adam and Eve, flood, or tower of babel etc...

Thank you for exposing the Bible for what it is. The works of MAN.
    You still don't get the point L67. God knows everything about His creatures but the decision to do good or bad is the onus of his self-will creatures. This is why He always test his creatures to see if they do good or do evil which is the main gist of all the examples that I posted. He will then come at an appointed time to gather them and separate the good from the evil. The good to the kingdom of heaven and the evil will be rejected. This is analogous to a prospective businessman looking for suitable people for his company by doing aptitude tests.

Suppose you have made a robot, you can easily put in programs in it and the robot willl do according to the program commands. You will be like a God who knows everything about the robot s and the programs and what he can do by using yor commands. However, if you made a robot who have self free-will, things will be different. You can enter your program commands but the robot with self free will may not follow your program commands becasue he can decide whether to follow or reject your commands. The robot can follow your command to do good or reject your command and do evil. You will be like a God who knows everything (Knows All) about the robot and the programs but you are not able to control the decisions that these free will robots will decide. You can instruct the free-will robot to do this or do that
    and the robot will decide. God is perfect in His knowledge of his creation but He cannot control his free-will creatures decisions to do good or to do evil. That was why he did the tests to see if the creatures will do good or evil.

Go and meditate on all these parables and tell me what it means will you?

The Parable of the Weeds
    24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast31
    He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
    33 He told them still another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds[b] of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

The Parable of the Weeds Explained
    36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.
    40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl
    44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
    45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

The Parable of the Net
    47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Let's pray.

May God grant us the wisdom to understand His words and appreciates your great plans and salvation for us.
    Grant us this day to be hamble and accept your teachings willingly. Do not let us be wise in our own eyes.

Thank you Lord, Amen.

God Bless.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-13-2014 at 03:32 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Cheow
    I have just finished replying to Rose. I agree with the points you make.

I will add this; following one point from the list you made. I know you know this, and so I say it for the benefit of those who do not.

God is testing people in order to select those that "are his". (Jer 17:10) I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jesus was tested. God set up the tests for Jesus. Jesus came through all the tests.

God is caring for his children (those that are his). God chastises his children for their good. (Prov 3:12) For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

How is God all knowing and how is God overseeing the lives of all those he chooses and predestines to be in his kingdom to come? It could be because of his Angels that do his will and (Heb 1:14) sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

We also have this assurance; (Psalm 34:7) The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

While God's Angels are doing his will and looking after those predestined to be in the Kingdom and maybe reporting to God on our progress, God is able to know what is going on and at the same time be directly observing things himself, as for example, he was observing the life of Jesus. It was God who said; "this is my beloved son; hear ye him" the moment he saw his son baptized and fulfilling all righteousness.

We are told; (Psalm 34:15) The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

Whether it is by God being a spirit and being able to go to any place and see through all things, we do not know the way God is operating. God has network of Angels by which things get done and God is reported to. God knows, no matter what the means that knowledge comes to him. A quick read of a person's mind and God knows everything there is to know, even down to every atom that is the pattern for the spirit of a person as when Jesus commended his spirit int the hands of his Heavenly Father.

Why have Angels if God can be everywhere and do everything himself? Before we understood what "networking" meant, we have the example of God using a network of Angels.

In whatever way we think God works, all we can say is; "God knows". God knows the end from the beginning in that God knows what end to bring about and he has the capability to work in the kingdom of men to accomplish his plan and purpose on behalf of all those will believe in him and his son, and have faith.

All the best
    David

Thanks David for your brotherly love and concern.

Yes God test every hearts to see if we are good or evil. He also refine us to be better like gold or silver in a crucible. I guess we are filled with the Holy Spirit to be able to understand many things in the Bible and hope to pass to these "little one" who are oblivious to what they are doing; misinterpreting God's words and leading people astray.

Proverbs 17:3
    The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart.

God Bless.
    Seek and You shall find,

You still don't get the point L67. God knows everything about His creatures but the decision to do good or bad is the onus of his self-will creatures. This is why He always test his creatures to see if they do good or do evil which is the main gist of all the examples that I posted. He will then come at an appointed time to gather them and separate the good from the evil. The good to the kingdom of heaven and the evil will be rejected. This is analogous to a prospective businessman looking for suitable people for his company by doing aptitude tests.
    Great! So God is NOT omniscient and you directly contradict the Bible?

Suppose you have made a robot, you can easily put in programs in it and the robot willl do according to the program commands. You will be like a God who knows everything about the robot s and the programs and what he can do by using yor commands. However, if you made a robot who have self free-will, things will be different. You can enter your program commands but the robot with self free will may not follow your program commands becasue he can decide whether to follow or reject your commands. The robot can follow your command to do good or reject your command and do evil. You will be like a God who knows everything (Knows All) about the robot and the programs but you are not able to control the decisions that these free will robots will decide. You can instruct the free-will robot to do this or do that
    and the robot will decide. God is perfect in His knowledge of his creation but He cannot control his free-will creatures decisions to do good or to do evil. That was why he did the tests to see if the creatures will do good or evil.

Go and meditate on all these parables and tell me what it means will you?
    Either God knows all or he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    Great! So God is NOT omniscient and you directly contradict the Bible?

Either God knows all or he doesn't.
    Good You are progressing. Does God knows all?

Simple question that I asked you: If God knows all, why must He try?

Let's pray, will you?

God Bless.
    Seek and You shall find,

Thread Information