Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by L67 View Post
    Great! So God is NOT omniscient and you directly contradict the Bible?



    Either God knows all or he doesn't.
    How does anyone know what God does not know?

    God knows more than the sum of all human knowledge.

    God knows the thoughts and intents of the heart.

    God knows what is best for his creation, including man and woman.

    That is good enough for me.


    David

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Good You are progressing. Does God knows all?

    Simple question that I asked you: If God knows all, why must He try?

    Let's pray, will you?

    God Bless.
    Why must God try? Because the Bible is the ideas of MEN, not any divine being. The Bible says he knows all on one hand and then contradicts itself the next. The Bible doesn't even portray it's God in an accurate fashion. No perfect being could allow such inaccuracies to represent their word.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    How does anyone know what God does not know?
    Because we have his word for mankind. The Bible says he knows everything, but then contradicts itself.

    The Bible strangely tells us God doesn't know lots of things.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    God knows more than the sum of all human knowledge.
    Not true. He doesn't know the earth isn't flat. He believe people could build a tower to reach the heavens. These are just two examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    God knows the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    If he really knew he never would have had to come down and see for himself.

    Genesis 18:20-21

    20 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

    21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.


    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    God knows what is best for his creation, including man and woman.
    Again, he doesn't know this either. SO he thinks slavery is right for mankind? Rape? Genocide? Polygamy?



    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    That is good enough for me.

    Because you don't take the time to see the Bible for what it really is.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Rose


    I do appreciate it when you give Bible references, but sometimes (as we all do) it looks like we are cherry picking bits and pieces to support our idea; in so doing we do not take into account the whole message from which those verses have been taken.

    I agree you are making a case from the Bible, but I disagree that you are making the case correctly. The whole of the Bible has to be balanced, otherwise we will have an unbalanced understanding.
    Hello David

    It is clear to see that in no way have I "cherry picked" the claims I have made for biblical gender bias. The Bible is filled from cover to cover with examples of gender bias against women. There is no balance whatsoever in the treatment of women in the Bible, they are denied equal human rights at practically every turn of the page. It is WRONG to discriminate against someone based on their gender!

    Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    We have to take God's promises as absolute. We have to take God's pronouncements as absolute. We have to frame all the other things we read of around those absolutes. I will finish by way of one example. There are those who say that the nation of Israel has been cast off. I disagree and the reason is that God made a promise NEVER to totally cast off and make a full end of them. (Jer 30:11)(Jer 46:28)for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished. Look at all the great empires that have passes away and look at the miracle that is Israel to have regathered and formed a nation once again. To deny this, is to deny the word of God. The nation of Israel is God's witness that he is working in the kingdom of men as told in Dan 4:17 That brings us back to the point that God's plan will be accomplished, because God can make it happen.


    All the best
    David
    Based on facts and evidence, why would a person ever take the Biblegod's promises and pronouncements as absolute? If I as a woman took the Bible's pronouncements as absolute, I would have to consider myself of less value than men. If scientists took the writings of primitive men as absolutes, we would all still be living in the Stone Age. All proclamations must be tested against the evidence and discarded if they don't hold up ... that is the only way to find truth!


    Take care,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •