Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

question on the Kol

Hello Richard, Rose and All....I was wondering if the "voice" of God or "kole" is connected in some way to the "kol" ?

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Hello Richard, Rose and All....I was wondering if the "voice" of God or "kole" is connected in some way to the "kol" ?
    Hi Katheryn,

I don't see any connection between those words. One is spelled Quph Vav Lamed, and the other is Kaph Lamed.

Qol (Voice) = קול

Kol (All) = כל

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thanks Richard! I was looking up the meaning of the number 19 earlier this morning and came across this reference by Dr. Stephen Jones, where he refers to the Kol. It would seem that he has the two mixed up? What do you think?:

Nineteen (yod-teth)
    Faith and Hearing
    To write nineteen in Hebrew, they wrote two Hebrew letters: yod-teth. These signify the hand (outworking) of the serpent (wisdom). This can, of course, be seen in a negative sense, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. But when viewed in the positive sense, we see Jesus Christ as the Serpent on the pole in the wilderness, picturing Jesus Christ on the Cross, as Jesus in John 12:32, 33,

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself. 33 But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die.

The number 19 in Hebrew was meant to illustrate the fact that one must have faith in Christ and His cross, where He died as the Serpent on the pole. Those who listen to Moses and look upon Him (Num. 21:9) are those who hear and who have faith.

The number 19 includes two things: faith and hearing. Though we have said little up to now about the Hebrew letters themselves, it would be helpful to do so now. The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is the kof, which literally means 'the back of the head.' The word picture has to do with hearing God's voice in 'the back of your head (mind).' The Hebrew word for 'voice' is kol, which begins with the kof. When God spoke to Elijah, it was not through the tempest, the earthquake, or the fire, but the ' still small voice ' (1 Kings 19:11, 12). Jewish author, Lawrence Kushner, says in his Book of Letters, p. 68, 69,

'Kof is one of the letters made by two marks. Hay is the other. The lower mark of the kof is man calling G-d. But G-d also calls man. With the upper mark of the kof He whispers very softly to see if you are really listening. kol d'mama daka. A voice which is still and small. A little girl. The daughter of a voice, God's voice, bat kol. Like an echo. Always listen.

'Such is kof. The voice by which man allows G-d to be present by calling: Holy (Kadosh).'

It is significant that this Hebrew letter is in two parts. The first pictures God reaching down to man by speaking to him; the second pictures man responding to God by faith. This is the force behind the number 19. It has two parts to it: God's voice and faith. Hence, it requires God to make a declaration before man can respond to His voice.

Thanks Richard! I was looking up the meaning of the number 19 earlier this morning and came across this reference by Dr. Stephen Jones, where he refers to the Kol. It would seem that he has the two mixed up? What do you think?:

Nineteen (yod-teth)
    Faith and Hearing
    To write nineteen in Hebrew, they wrote two Hebrew letters: yod-teth. These signify the hand (outworking) of the serpent (wisdom). This can, of course, be seen in a negative sense, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. But when viewed in the positive sense, we see Jesus Christ as the Serpent on the pole in the wilderness, picturing Jesus Christ on the Cross, as Jesus in John 12:32, 33,

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself. 33 But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die.

The number 19 in Hebrew was meant to illustrate the fact that one must have faith in Christ and His cross, where He died as the Serpent on the pole. Those who listen to Moses and look upon Him (Num. 21:9) are those who hear and who have faith.

The number 19 includes two things: faith and hearing. Though we have said little up to now about the Hebrew letters themselves, it would be helpful to do so now. The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is the kof, which literally means 'the back of the head.' The word picture has to do with hearing God's voice in 'the back of your head (mind).' The Hebrew word for 'voice' is kol, which begins with the kof. When God spoke to Elijah, it was not through the tempest, the earthquake, or the fire, but the ' still small voice ' (1 Kings 19:11, 12). Jewish author, Lawrence Kushner, says in his Book of Letters, p. 68, 69,

'Kof is one of the letters made by two marks. Hay is the other. The lower mark of the kof is man calling G-d. But G-d also calls man. With the upper mark of the kof He whispers very softly to see if you are really listening. kol d'mama daka. A voice which is still and small. A little girl. The daughter of a voice, God's voice, bat kol. Like an echo. Always listen.

'Such is kof. The voice by which man allows G-d to be present by calling: Holy (Kadosh).'

It is significant that this Hebrew letter is in two parts. The first pictures God reaching down to man by speaking to him; the second pictures man responding to God by faith. This is the force behind the number 19. It has two parts to it: God's voice and faith. Hence, it requires God to make a declaration before man can respond to His voice.

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the quote. Could you post the link to the original article? Dr. Jones has an excellent presentation of the meaning of Quph, though he would have done better to use a "Q" rather than a "K" to transliterate the 19th letter.

I don't see any confusion with kol (Kaph Lamed) - I think he was simply transliterating qol (Quph Vav Lamed) as "kol."

And I just noticed that the "small still voice" - perhaps the most famous mention of the Quph KeyWord qol - appears in chapter 19 (Quph) of 1 Kings. This is an excellent example of an Inner Cycle correlation.

Thanks!

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hi Richard...Many thanks for your reply.
    Here is the link:
    http://gods-kingdom-ministries.org/C...et.cfm?PID=124
    Blessings,
    Kathryn

Hi Richard...Many thanks for your reply.
    Here is the link:
    http://gods-kingdom-ministries.org/C...et.cfm?PID=124
    Blessings,
    Kathryn
    Very interesting link!

I recommend folks visit it. Dr. Jones explains the meaning of the numbers 1 to 40.

Thanks Kathryn!

Check out my blog site

Thread Information