Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Islam and Violence

While I have argued strongly against false representations of Islam as a "religion of violence" I believe it is very important to look at the reasons folks have come to that conclusion. This thread is a place for folks to discuss this aspect of Islamic culture.

This article is an example of violence against those who convert to Christianity:
    Muslim Egyptian Girl Who Converted to Christianity Subjected to Acid Attack

ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT (ANS) — The Assyrian International News Agency (www.aina.org), is reporting the shocking news that Dina el-Gowhary, a 15-year-old Egyptian Muslim-born girl who converted to Christianity, has been subjected to an acid attack, the latest in a string of failed attempts by Muslim fanatics against her and her father, 57-year-old Peter Athanasius (Maher el-Gowhary), who converted to Christianity 35 years ago.

In a story written by Mary Abdelmassih for AINA, several Fatwa’s were issued calling for the 'spilling of his blood,' which makes their lives in constant danger in the face of the reactionaries and advocates for the enforcement of Islamic apostasy laws, which call for the death of a convert.

According to Abdelmassih, Dina said that three weeks ago, as she ventured out from their hiding place in Alexandria with her father to get some bottled water, her jacket was set on fire due to acid being thrown at her.
    And this article is an example of violence against non-orthodox Islamic groups:
    Gunmen attack mosques in Pakistan’s Lahore

LAHORE, Pakistan — Gunmen stormed two Pakistani mosques belonging to a minority Muslim sect in Lahore on Friday, seizing hostages among worshippers, setting off grenades and sparking a bloody shootout with police.

Gunfire and explosions rang out at the mosques — one in the upscale neighbourhood of Model Town, where a suicide car bomber struck in March, and the second in the heavily congested area of Garhi Shahu.

They are both mosques of the Ahmadis, also known as Qadiani, and have tens of thousands of members. Rights groups say the sect has long been persecuted in Pakistan and has remained an occasional target of sectarian attacks.

'Terrorists have attacked mosques. They are firing and using grenades. They have taken people inside the mosque hostage,' district civil defence official Muzhar Ahmed told AFP by telephone from the scene in Garhi Shahu.
    And this story of a man burned to death and his wife raped in front of his children for his "crime" of refusing to convert to Islam:
    Hundreds attend funeral of Christian burned for refusing to convert to Islam

RAWALPINDI, PAKISTAN (BosNewsLife)– Hundreds of people attended the funeral Wednesday, March 24, of a young Christian man who was allegedly burned by Muslim extremists and police officers for refusing to convert of Islam.

Arshed Masih, 38, was burned Friday, March 19, in front of a police station in Rawalpindi, Police Superintendent Moin Shah told BosNewsLife. His wife Martha Masih, 33, was raped by possibly three police officers in the police station, where the couple had been held for questioning, he added.

Their children, ranging in ages from 7 to 12, were allegedly forced to watch the attacks.

Shah said the police officers were suspended Tuesday, pending an investigation into their involvement in the burning and rape incidents.

Local Christians and human rights investigators have said the attacks were instigated by the couple’s employer, Muslim businessman Sheikh Mohammad Sultan, who lives in Rawalpindi.
    Let us pray for discernment about how best to help heal this world of ours that is so filled with violence.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    It is used most frequently in Israel, becoming common with the passage on December 25, 1977, of Israel's infamous "anti-missionary" law.1 This is a statute that decrees a prison term of up to five years for any gentile attempting to proselytize a Jew away from his faith.2 Proponents say this is vital to the survival of Israel because so many young Jews are being seduced away from the fold, largely by Christianity. The severity of the sentence, they argue, is warranted because such theft of Jewish souls can lead to genocide, or the extinction of a race.
    Five years in prison for free speech??? So much for the only "democracy" in the Middle East. The count now is down to zero ...

It seems particularly rude that they passed that law on the primary Christian holiday of December 25. It would be like the USA passing some law against building synagogues on Tish B'Av. The message is very loud and clear.

I'm mad at every religion now. I'm sick of it all. It looks like the world would be much better if everyone just became a Buddhist, Taoist, or simple philanthropic agnostic. This religion stuff breeds warfare internal and external - hatred of self and others.

• Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Great thread Richard, thanks. Here's a wee bit of hope to inject :
    http://gods-kingdom-ministries.org/w...cfm?LogID=2122

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Great thread Richard, thanks. Here's a wee bit of hope to inject :
    http://gods-kingdom-ministries.org/w...cfm?LogID=2122
    Fascinating article - it makes a lot of sense. I rejoice every time I see folks waking up from "group think" to think on their own according to there God-enlightened conscience.

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It is used most frequently in Israel, becoming common with the passage on December 25, 1977, of Israel's infamous "anti-missionary" law.1 This is a statute that decrees a prison term of up to five years for any gentile attempting to proselytize a Jew away from his faith.2 Proponents say this is vital to the survival of Israel because so many young Jews are being seduced away from the fold, largely by Christianity. The severity of the sentence, they argue, is warranted because such theft of Jewish souls can lead to genocide, or the extinction of a race.
    Five years in prison for free speech??? So much for the only "democracy" in the Middle East. The count now is down to zero ...

It seems particularly rude that they passed that law on the primary Christian holiday of December 25. It would be like the USA passing some law against building synagogues on Tish B'Av. The message is very loud and clear.

I'm mad at every religion now. I'm sick of it all. It looks like the world would be much better if everyone just became a Buddhist, Taoist, or simple philanthropic agnostic. This religion stuff breeds warfare internal and external - hatred of self and others.

Did you know that the Chinese Buddhists are 'self-harmers'?

They burn their arms and heads so that they can have the mark.

However, the mark on the arm like Moses is given by the LORD. It is a natural skin disease and more evidence and criteria to do with the one.

Islam make many claims about their prophet. I recommend that you do some serious research Richard into Islam like I have done. Muslims now outnumber the aborigines in Australia, there are up to 25% in Brussels, France they block off streets for mass prayers, Europe is exploding with 2 out of every three jobs being given to immigrants in the UK.

Birth rate is not on the side of the Westerners. So best Westerners catch up with the reality of Islam and its long term objectives fast. Islam plans to out birth the West.

Here is a contribution, Richard.

A friend of mine sent this article to me. It is in regards to reaching Muslims. I found it very interesting, especially what happened in his own family.

"Father Zakaria Boutros was in Frontiers office in May 2009 and he graciously allowed me to interview him. You can read my interview in the recent (December 2011) issue of St. Francis magazine:"

http://www.stfrancismagazine.info/ja/images/stories/Zakaria-Butros_85-92.pdf

All the best,
    Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Feet View Post
    I recommend that you do some serious research Richard into Islam like I have done.
    Serious research? You've got to be kidding!

You've posted thousands of words on this forum and I have yet to see a scintilla of evidence that you have seriously researched anything.

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Here is a contribution, Richard.

A friend of mine sent this article to me. It is in regards to reaching Muslims. I found it very interesting, especially what happened in his own family.

"Father Zakaria Boutros was in Frontiers office in May 2009 and he graciously allowed me to interview him. You can read my interview in the recent (December 2011) issue of St. Francis magazine:"

http://www.stfrancismagazine.info/ja/images/stories/Zakaria-Butros_85-92.pdf

All the best,
    Rick
    Thanks for the link. I was already familiar with most of that info about Islam. But it's got too strong of a fundamentalist twist for me. It ended talking about muslims going to "hell" if they don't "accept Christ." I find that doctrine both false and offensive.

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Thanks for the link. I was already familiar with most of that info about Islam. But it's got too strong of a fundamentalist twist for me. It ended talking about muslims going to "hell" if they don't "accept Christ." I find that doctrine both false and offensive.
    Yes, I understand. Those things present a problem to many.

Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

Thread Information