Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Editing Your Own Posts

Hi folks,

I was asked about the option to edit your own post. The forum software has a value that determines how long a user can edit/delete a post. Currently, it is set at one day. After that, users can not alter their posts.

RAM
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hi folks,

I was asked about the option to edit your own post. The forum software has a value that determines how long a user can edit/delete a post. Currently, it is set at one day. After that, users can not alter their posts.

RAM
    Sometimes after a post, I re-read what I've written and perhaps see that it could be written better or that it could be construed differently than the intentions.

For instance In http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...9&postcount=58 I wrote:
    The New Testament can also be and has been transformed (codified and doctrinalized) from letters of explaination and instruction of spiritual new covenant truth to codes of doctrine of 'church law' to which people attempt to appease and learn similar to the way the Israelites attempted to appease the mosaic covenant law.
    A few days later I thought that by adding the word conditionally after the word 'appease' and by breaking up the sentences and rephrasing a few sentences, it would convey the intentions better.

1 day is fine, but 3 days or so would also be fine with me.

Do some of you 'compose' in a word program before posting? I know that I seem to edit many of my posts since I 'compose' on the fly.

Perhaps leaving the edit option at 1 day would make one more deliberate and thorough with their original post.
    1Thess 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    If you are oppressed and enslaved by religious law, you may have a tendency to oppress, enslave and attempt to lord over others who are free.

Quote Originally Posted by EndtimesDeut32 View Post
    Sometimes after a post, I re-read what I've written and perhaps see that it could be written better or that it could be construed differently than the intentions.

For instance In http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...9&postcount=58 I wrote:

A few days later I thought that by adding the word conditionally after the word 'appease' and by breaking up the sentences and rephrasing a few sentences, it would convey the intentions better.

1 day is fine, but 3 days or so would also be fine with me.
    Due to popular demand, I've decided to let folks edit their posts indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by EndtimesDeut32 View Post
    Do some of you 'compose' in a word program before posting? I know that I seem to edit many of my posts since I 'compose' on the fly.

Perhaps leaving the edit option at 1 day would make one more deliberate and thorough with their original post.
    No, I compose on the fly, but use the "Preview Post" button and sorta-carefully review my post to see if it's OK. I usually catch most errors when I review it after posting but sometimes notice more errors later that day if someone responds and I review it again. I very rarely edit posts more than a day old. But I understand (and very much appreciate) that folks want their posts to look good - they are, after all, how we express ourselves here. So I've opened it up to unlimited editing.

Enjoy.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information