Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Sometimes I wonder why.

Living the life of a victim is so seductive. Surly someone else is to blame for the puddle of mud that I might sit in. It can’t be my fault when I am dirty. It has to be someone else’s fault if I make wrong choices (doesn’t it?) or worse, if I am the target of someone else’s sin.

How does victory in Jesus and the comfort of being a victim come together? It seems to me that I must give up one or the other. They cannot coexist. Do not get me wrong. Every soldier who is wounded in battle will need the Balm of Gilead to stand and fight again. In no way do I mean to make little of our battle wounds. I just want to make more of my Jesus. In this world, horrifying things happen. Cruel, wicked, nasty things are perpetrated, they are committed on the innocent for reasons that I cannot make sense of, which I am tempted to be outraged at God for, WHY, Why, why? But my faith (fidelity and total trust in and to Jesus) tells me that the loving, nail pierced hands (where my name is engraved) are not about capricious pain for His beloved bride. He is about victory and I am about Him.

I don’t think that my Beloved is as dismayed with me when I stumble as I am with myself. He himself sweat drops of blood as he requested, 'If there be any other way…'. He cried from the cross, 'My God, My God, why… ' No one says that that tribulation and hardship will be naturally easy for the believer (except maybe those who do not know this difficult path).
    I simply love Peter. He did not stand firm at the cross. It brings tears to my eyes to recall the restoration, 'strengthen your brothers' (when I am weak then He shows himself strong in me) Peter retained the position of Rock upon which the church would be built and in spite of his wobble, in spite on not being perfect in faith, it is his confession of Messiah that is the shining foundation of the church which the gaits of Hell cannot prevail against. Peters failure was not more powerful then the confession. Not even our own failure can force us to be a victim.

Deborah… choosing this day, victim or victory in Jesus who sees from a different perspective then my soft self.

Quote Originally Posted by deb View Post
    Living the life of a victim is so seductive. Surly someone else is to blame for the puddle of mud that I might sit in. It can’t be my fault when I am dirty. It has to be someone else’s fault if I make wrong choices (doesn’t it?) or worse, if I am the target of someone else’s sin.

How does victory in Jesus and the comfort of being a victim come together? It seems to me that I must give up one or the other. They cannot coexist. Do not get me wrong. Every soldier who is wounded in battle will need the Balm of Gilead to stand and fight again. In no way do I mean to make little of our battle wounds. I just want to make more of my Jesus. In this world, horrifying things happen. Cruel, wicked, nasty things are perpetrated, they are committed on the innocent for reasons that I cannot make sense of, which I am tempted to be outraged at God for, WHY, Why, why? But my faith (fidelity and total trust in and to Jesus) tells me that the loving, nail pierced hands (where my name is engraved) are not about capricious pain for His beloved bride. He is about victory and I am about Him.

I don’t think that my Beloved is as dismayed with me when I stumble as I am with myself. He himself sweat drops of blood as he requested, 'If there be any other way…'. He cried from the cross, 'My God, My God, why… ' No one says that that tribulation and hardship will be naturally easy for the believer (except maybe those who do not know this difficult path).
    I simply love Peter. He did not stand firm at the cross. It brings tears to my eyes to recall the restoration, 'strengthen your brothers' (when I am weak then He shows himself strong in me) Peter retained the position of Rock upon which the church would be built and in spite of his wobble, in spite on not being perfect in faith, it is his confession of Messiah that is the shining foundation of the church which the gaits of Hell cannot prevail against. Peters failure was not more powerful then the confession. Not even our own failure can force us to be a victim.

Deborah… choosing this day, victim or victory in Jesus who sees from a different perspective then my soft self.
    That was beautifully written, deb!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Such a great read, Deborah! Thank you!!

Victor

Thread Information