Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Bible Wheel, and the number 2,520

Hi everyone,

The Bible Wheel does hold the amazing number 2,520, the number of days in each prophetic week of the Seventy 'sevens' found in Daniel 9.

How is this possible? If you multiply the seven canonical divisions found within the Bible Wheels 360 degree circle, by the number 360, you'll end up with the number 2,520.

Now to find out the importance of this amazing number, besides the obvious. You'll have to buy my book Prophecy Code just go to http://www.prophecycodebook.com Ok, just kidding.

Seriously though, please go to the above link and look at the Menorah in the middle of that home page. Now take notice of the years on each branch of the Menorah that are connected by the number 2,520.

The years 587 BC, 536 BC, and 517 BC are all linked to the AD years of 1897, 1948, and 1967, by 2520 lunar years.

Isn't that amazing. This number seems to be connected to the reestablishment of Israel. Here's another example: If you take the spinning Universe and multiply it by the days of creation or days of the week, you again get the number 2,520. And isn't that the time frame convered within the bible Wheel? Doesn't the Bible Wheel encompass the time period of Gen to Rev? Or the time period called the 7 Day theory.

In fact, if you take the "perfect numbers" 3, 7, 10, 12, of the bible, and multiply them together you again get 2,520. There's more, but I don't have the time, but you get the idea.

Richard, the Bible Wheel only verifies what the cosmos and God's word has long spoken. And that is the number 2,520 is the number of time.
    Last edited by Code breaker; 08-20-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Code breaker View Post
    Hi everyone,

The Bible Wheel does hold the amazing number 2,520, the number of days in each prophetic week of the Seventy 'sevens' found in Daniel 9.

How is this possible? If you multiply the seven canonical divisions found within the Bible Wheels 360 degree circle, by the number 360, you'll end up with the number 2,520.
    Hi Code Breaker!

OK - All we really got here is the fact that 7 x 360 = 2520. That doesn't seem to make much of a link.

Seriously though, please go to the above link and look at the Menorah in the middle of that home page. Now take notice of the years on each branch of the Menorah that are connected by the number 2,520.

The years 587 BC, 536 BC, and 517 BC are all linked to the AD years of 1897, 1948, and 1967, by 2520 lunar years.
    Here's the pic from you site so everyone can know what you are talking about:

OK - now I am checking your numbers. From Wikipedia, I find 1 lunar year = 354.37 days. But after doing some calculations, I find that's not the number you used. So then I tried a 360 day year to get 2520 lunar years = 2484 solar years, and the numbers worked. So I guess that is what you call a "lunar year." But now I am confused ... why do you call that a 'lunar year?" I've always thought that was called a "prophetic year."

In any case, now I've got your "number' so I can think more about your idea.

Isn't that amazing. This number seems to be connected to the reestablishment of Israel. Here's another example: If you take the spinning Universe and multiply it by the days of creation or days of the week, you again get the number 2,520. And isn't that the time frame convered within the bible Wheel? Doesn't the Bible Wheel encompass the time period of Gen to Rev? Or the time period called the 7 Day theory.
    Actually, the Bible Wheel is the template that links reiteratively to cycles of 22 centuries. The image of the "Key to the Kingdoms" shows two such cycles - one before and one after the first Advent of Christ. As for the "7 Day theory" - it is elegant, and actually maps pretty closely with three cycles of the "Alphabet of History" since each cycle lasts about 2100 years (since there is an overlap of Aleph and Tav in the first and last centuries of the cycles). If it were exact, we would have expected each cycle to be exactly 2000 years, so the three cycles would complete 6000 years, and the fourth cycle would inaugurate the 7th Day - millennial sabbath. But that's all speculation ... I don't have any strong opinions about those things except to say that I don't believe in a literal 1000 year millennial reign of Christ on earth.

In fact, if you take the "perfect numbers" 3, 7, 10, 12, of the bible, and multiply them together you again get 2,520. There's more, but I don't have the time, but you get the idea.
    Well, I don't think the word "perfect" is very descriptive if it includes a full third of the numbers less than or equal to 12. The true distinctives of the Number 2520 seem to lie in the fact that it is the smallest number divisible by 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, as easily noted by examining its prime factorization:

2520 = 2^3 x 3^2 x 5 x 7

Also of note is the fact that 2520 is one half of the 7th factorial, 2520 = 7!/2.

Richard, the Bible Wheel only verifies what the cosmos and God's word has long spoken. And that is the number 2,520 is the number of time.
    Well, I don't see much verification from the Bible Wheel yet, since the only connection you suggested had to to with the product of the number of degrees in a circle with the number 7. Was there something else you had in mind?

And as for the Number 2520 being the "number of time." What does that mean? If it were the "number of time" wouldn't we expect to find it in many other situations? The links in your menorah are interesting, but small in number, and of uncertain significance because I don't know what the destruction of the Temple in 587 (or 586) BC has to do with the Zionist Congress in 1897. And the final point in 444 BC links to 2040 AD, which we don't know anything about. The central point is a little stronger - the link to the completion of the rebuilt Temple in 517 (or 516 BC) makes a reasonably good thematic link to the capture of the Temple Mount in 1967, in that they both relate to the Temple mount. But on the other hand, if the futurist interpretation is true, and there will be a future Temple, then the true link would be from 517 BC to the date the Temple was actually rebuilt. And this brings up another question. The modern history of Jerusalem is the reverse of the return from the Babylonian exile when they rebuilt the temple first, and then the walls and streets in 444 BC. So there is much to think about.

Thanks for your contribution!

Richard

And your picture of the menorah only had a few data points in it. And not all them seem very significant. For example, what does ?

One thing about numbers: I've been studying them for years, and I am pretty sure that the "whole picture" is not summed up in a single number like 2520 any more than the whole picture could be summed up in a single word. The meanings of words and numbers comes from their interaction with other words and numbers. So you need them all in order to understand the "whole picutre.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

1897 - 1948 - 1967

[QUOTE=RAM;2041]Hi Code Breaker!

OK - All we really got here is the fact that 7 x 360 = 2520. That doesn't seem to make much of a link.

Here's the pic from you site so everyone can know what you are talking about:

Hey Richard and Jeff,

The above Numbers caught my eye because of the direct Link to the
    Establisment of Israel - a dream by Herzl in 1897 in Basel / Switzerland became reality in 1948 - and Jerusalem / Wailing wall - the HOLIEST SIGHT IN ALL OF JUDAISM - fell into Jewish hands on 6/7/67 at 10:20 am - after 1897 years of absence !!! (70AD to 1967 = 1897 years in the diospora - all connected by the mysterious 2520 ! I think the numbers speak for themselves and are certainly mind boggling and convincing that GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ISRAEL ! Besides Switzerland is my Home Country...

I can recommend the book - It is a labor of love unto the LORD and worth reading, connecting the dots, opening eyes to the truth, which is in our LORD and Savior, JESUS CHRIST - Y'SHUA HA-MASHIACH. AMen. Keep up the good work Jeff! Of course, Richard's Biblewheel Book is chockfull of incredible information, and a MUST HAVE in every Personal and even Public Library.

Shalom to Jerusalem and the Holy Land, and the WORLD
    White Pray Psalm 122 DAILY -
    Last edited by White; 08-20-2007 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add color
    "According to the law almost everything is purified by blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Hebrews 9:22

"Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure; wash me, make me whiter than snow" Psalm 51:9

Hi Ram, Hi White,

Thanks for your remarks.

Richard in response to your question,

OK - now I am checking your numbers. From Wikipedia, I find 1 lunar year = 354.37 days. But after doing some calculations, I find that's not the number you used. So then I tried a 360 day year to get 2520 lunar years = 2484 solar years, and the numbers worked. So I guess that is what you call a "lunar year." But now I am confused ... why do you call that a 'lunar year?" I've always thought that was called a "prophetic year."
    Ram, you are correct when you call the 360 day year a prophetic year. But, unless I stand corrected, wasn't the 360 day prophetic year used by both the Babylonians and ancient Israel also used as their callender year?

Well, I don't think the word "perfect" is very descriptive if it includes a full third of the numbers less than or equal to 12. The true distinctives of the Number 2520 seem to lie in the fact that it is the smallest number divisible by 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, as easily noted by examining its prime factorization:
    Ram, you are also correct when you say that the number 2520 is the least common multiple of the numbers 1-10. But, you are wrong when you say that the numbers 3, 7, 10, and 12, aren't perfect numbers, they certainly are if your speaking in biblicle terms. these numbers are perfect if you consider that 3 is the number for divine perfection, 7 being the number for spiritual perfection, 10 the number for ordinal perfection, and last but not least 12, the number for governmental perfection.

And as for the Number 2520 being the "number of time." What does that mean? If it were the "number of time" wouldn't we expect to find it in many other situations? The links in your menorah are interesting, but small in number, and of uncertain significance because I don't know what the destruction of the Temple in 587 (or 586) BC has to do with the Zionist Congress in 1897. And the final point in 444 BC links to 2040 AD, which we don't know anything about. The central point is a little stronger - the link to the completion of the rebuilt Temple in 517 (or 516 BC) makes a reasonably good thematic link to the capture of the Temple Mount in 1967, in that they both relate to the Temple mount. But on the other hand, if the futurist interpretation is true, and there will be a future Temple, then the true link would be from 517 BC to the date the Temple was actually rebuilt.
    Ram, to answer your first question, no not necessarily. That said, God has placed this number in other text, howbeit hidden.

For instance, The Jubilee. The Jubilee is a 49 year time period that consist of 7 weeks of years, not unlike the Jubilee of Daniel nine; which consist of 70 weeks of years.

God's mystery lies in the week itself. In the pre twentieth century this 2520 year mystery was still unknown. However, Today that's no longer the case; as you can see by the years on each side of the menorah.

Now as for your comment concerning these years and there lack of significance. With all do respect, indeed these years have much significance.

Beginning with 1897 and its linking year of 587. As you know 587 BC, was the year when the government of Judah was ended by Babylon. But 2520 years later the Zionist congress (pre-government) was founded by Herzl. And again in 536 BC, Cirus king of Persia said to the Jewish exiles "you are free to return to your homeland." 2520 years from that year America and Russia the Super Powers said to the Jewish exiles return to your homeland. And the same goes with 517 BC, and 1967. Both these years are connected not only by the 2520 but also the temple mount. I believe the fourth and final year will be linked 2520 years from 445 BC (444 on the menorah is another unfortunate eror) and the rebuilding of Jerusalem itself, to 2039 and the rebuilding of Jerusalem after it's final destruction by the beast.

Shalom.

Fulfill her week

God's mystery lies in the week itself. Shalom.
    The first time I see a week being fulfilled is in regards to Leah and Rachel:
    Genesis 29:27 Fulfill her week, and we will give you this one also for the service which you will serve with me still another seven years."
    I was wondering about the fulfillment of 'weeks' in regard to Leah and Rachel. Leah produced Judah from whom Jesus, the Word made flesh, is descended. It appears the typology of this week is found in the birth of Jesus.

But as to Rachel - she produced Joseph and Benjamin. Are we to see the weeks of Leah and Rachel concurrently since the typology of Joseph is also seen as Jesus the servant? Benjamin - 'son of the right hand' could also be seen as fulfilled by knowing that Christ now sits at the right hand of power - or we can yet look to future fulfillment when he exercises the power of the right hand / the second coming. ()

Just wondering.

In regards to 'seven weeks':
    Deuteronomy 16:9 "You shall count sevenweeks for yourself; begin to count the sevenweeks from the time you begin to put the sickle to the grain.
    When did the sickle begin to be put to the grain? Is this simply the fulfillment of Shavuot/Pentecost or what connection does this have to Daniel?
    "Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.
    My other question is that IF the seventy weeks were totally fulfilled between Daniel and 70AD - why the necessity of saying 7 weeks, 62 weeks, 1 week? Instead of 70 weeks! I probably need to go back and look for Richard's Daniel thread.
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)

2520 and 1260

Hi Everyone!

Both the numbers 1260 and 2520 appear to have quite a history among students of prophecy. 1260 is the more obvious because it is a surface feature of the text, although 2520 was inferred both from 1260, and from various other verses from within the Torah. Both numbers have been the subject of much debate.

The most impressive use of these numbers that I have ever come across was in a book called The Witness of the Stars by Ethelbert W. Bullinger, an English clergyman of Swiss descent. Impressive, because he wrote in the 1880s, and predicted that an event of significance to Israel / Jerusalem would take place in 1897. He inferred this through a very simple process. He counted forward 1260 years from the siege of Jerusalem in 637, when the mohammedans conquered the holy city. As all contributing to this thread seem to be aware of, 1897 was the year of the First Zionist Congress in Basel, Switzerland (where I lived for two years). This event was crucial to the foundation of the modern state of Israel.

Thus, Mr. Bullinger successfully applied the number 1260 prophetically, predicting an important date for Jerusalem and the Jews before it actually happened. For this reason, his use of the numbers holds more currency for me than any other views that I have come across. But there have been some other impressive examples.

Taking the years as Bullinger has applied them in the previous example - years of 365.2426 days - we find that, counting 2520 years forward from the date of Nebuchadnezzar's initial sortie into Judah brings us to 1917. In this year, the Balfour Declaration promised a homeland for the Jews. And not long after, on December 9 of the same year, Jerusalem was freed from mohammedan rule, when the British took the city from the Turks. My countrymen were involved in that great event, and a New Zealander of Jewish descent was the first to fly the Star of David over the city of Jerusalem. The day the British took the city coincided with the Feast of Hanukkah.

There are many other stimulating examples to be unearthed by using these numbers as prophetic years. I have given a few examples in other threads. Interestingly, I have also read at two different places that 1260 years harmonise the solar and lunar cycles, giving this number even greater significance. Maybe someone with the mathematical instinct would like to confirm the verity of this assertion.

Stephen
    "And the watchman told, saying, 'The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously'

Hi Ram, Hi White,

Thanks for your remarks.
    You are most welcome! Thanks for sharing your insights.

One thing before I answer your post. By reading your response, I got the impression you may have thought I was "picking" at things too much, or that I was trying to prove you wrong. That was not my intent at all. I was just "thinking out loud" and asking questions as they came to me. So I hope you see this as a wide-open opportunity to explain your thesis and see how it strikes others.

Ram, you are correct when you call the 360 day year a prophetic year. But, unless I stand corrected, wasn't the 360 day prophetic year used by both the Babylonians and ancient Israel also used as their callender year?
    Yes, the evidence from Genesis looks like the ancient calendar was 12 months of 30 days each. But I don't know how that was worked out in practice, since the lunar calendar is a little different. And I've heard that the Babylonians used the 360 day year, and that is the origin of the 360 degrees in a circle though I have not confirmed any of that myself. But I've never heard of the 360 day year called the "lunar year." That was my question. It wasn't meant as a criticism. Just a question.

Ram, you are also correct when you say that the number 2520 is the least common multiple of the numbers 1-10. But, you are wrong when you say that the numbers 3, 7, 10, and 12, aren't perfect numbers, they certainly are if your speaking in biblicle terms. these numbers are perfect if you consider that 3 is the number for divine perfection, 7 being the number for spiritual perfection, 10 the number for ordinal perfection, and last but not least 12, the number for governmental perfection.
    Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. I am well aware of those descriptions of those numbers in popular biblical numerology. My point was only that the term "perfection" loses its meaning if it is overused. I think there are much more meaningful ways to describe those numbers. For example, the number 12 could just be the "number of government" - why add the word "perfection"? And there is a problem with the word "perfect" since 6 is a "perfect number" in the sense that it is the sum of its divisors. This fact has been known for millennia. Augustine mentioned it in his explanation of why God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh (from the City of God):

These works are recorded to have been completed in six days (the same day being six times repeated), because six is a perfect number... [T]he perfection of the works was signified by the number six. For the number six is the first which is made up of its own parts... And, therefore, we must not despise the science of numbers, which, in many passages of holy Scripture, is found to be of eminent service to the careful interpreter.'
    So now we have 3, 6, 7, 10, 12 all described as "perfect" in their own ways. That's why the word "perfect" is not a good descriptor, and it doesn't really select out the set (3, 7, 10, 12) from the other numbers, which also are "perfect" in their own ways.

Ram, to answer your first question, no not necessarily. That said, God has placed this number in other text, howbeit hidden.

For instance, The Jubilee. The Jubilee is a 49 year time period that consist of 7 weeks of years, not unlike the Jubilee of Daniel nine; which consist of 70 weeks of years.

God's mystery lies in the week itself. In the pre twentieth century this 2520 year mystery was still unknown. However, Today that's no longer the case; as you can see by the years on each side of the menorah.
    From what I gather, you are saying that we could not have recognized the significance of 2520 until the 20th century because that's when the connections with the re-establishment of Israel first became visible. correct? If so, that's fine, it makes sense to me, except my point was that if the number 2520 were the "number of time" I still would have expected it to show up elsewhere other than just the time span between the Babylonian destruction of Israel and the return in the 5th and 6th centuries. That's all I meant by that.

Now as for your comment concerning these years and there lack of significance. With all do respect, indeed these years have much significance.

Beginning with 1897 and its linking year of 587. As you know 587 BC, was the year when the government of Judah was ended by Babylon. But 2520 years later the Zionist congress (pre-government) was founded by Herzl.
    That's my point. The event of 1897 does not seem to match that of 587 BC. I'm not saying its a total mismatch; I'm just saying it is not a very impressive correlation, like the span between the rebuilding of the temple in 517 BC and the recapture of the Temple mount in 1967. But even with that, it seems like a much better match would be if the Temple were rebuilt. So if that happens in the future, it would make these other patterns seem less impressive.

And again in 536 BC, Cirus king of Persia said to the Jewish exiles "you are free to return to your homeland." 2520 years from that year America and Russia the Super Powers said to the Jewish exiles return to your homeland.
    Yes, that is by far the most striking correlation.

And the same goes with 517 BC, and 1967. Both these years are connected not only by the 2520 but also the temple mount. I believe the fourth and final year will be linked 2520 years from 445 BC (444 on the menorah is another unfortunate eror) and the rebuilding of Jerusalem itself, to 2039 and the rebuilding of Jerusalem after it's final destruction by the beast.

Shalom.
    Some of these dates are not known with precision. For example, I often read of 586 rather than 587 for the destruction of Jerusalem, and 516 for the rebuilding of the temple. How did you determine the year was 445 rather than 444?

Now as for the beast destroying Jerusalem in the future. Where did you get that idea? It seems pretty obvious to me that Daniel's prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70 AD. How does that fit into you understanding of the "big picture"?

I hope you understand all these questions are asked with respect. We're just barely getting to know each other, and we don't even know what assumptions the other has made in his interpretation of prophecy. In general, I reject most of the pop dispensational interpretations that have the 2000+ year gap, the rebuilding of the temple, and the pre-trib rapture. So if those are fundamental assumptions that you use in your interpretation of Scripture, there will be lots of surprising "bumps" in the road as I reject things you may have taken for granted.

Talk more soon,

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Both the numbers 1260 and 2520 appear to have quite a history among students of prophecy. 1260 is the more obvious because it is a surface feature of the text, although 2520 was inferred both from 1260, and from various other verses from within the Torah. Both numbers have been the subject of much debate.
    Very interesting. Pleas post some links to relevant pages if you know of any.

The most impressive use of these numbers that I have ever come across was in a book called The Witness of the Stars by Ethelbert W. Bullinger, an English clergyman of Swiss descent. Impressive, because he wrote in the 1880s, and predicted that an event of significance to Israel / Jerusalem would take place in 1897. He inferred this through a very simple process. He counted forward 1260 years from the siege of Jerusalem in 637, when the mohammedans conquered the holy city. As all contributing to this thread seem to be aware of, 1897 was the year of the First Zionist Congress in Basel, Switzerland (where I lived for two years). This event was crucial to the foundation of the modern state of Israel.
    Can you verify Bullinger's prediction? What page of "Witness of the Stars" is it on? There is an online version of the Witness of the Stars, but I don't know where to look. I found another person talking about Bullinger's prediction, but he says it was made in 1893, not the 1880s. Since his prediction would be pretty significant if valid, I think it would be a good idea to confirm the facts. Here's what I found on a brief internet search:

According to Jewish history, Israel ignored seventy shmittahs. The result, seen in Leviticus 26:33,34, was that the Lord promised to "scatter you among the heathen." Then, He said, "shall the land enjoy her sabbaths." Bullinger's opinion was that the "seven times" were equal to 2,520 years. (Seven times 360 equals 2520.) Beginning with Babylon's founding date of 625 B.C., he came to the year 1897 A.D. Writing in the year 1893, he said, "From this it appears that 1896-7 would mark an important year in connection with the 'times of the Gentiles.'"

He thought that this year might mark Israel's ascent to the prophesied position as head of all nations. Of course, he was wrong. But in another way, he was quite right, since 1897 was the year of the First Zionist Congress, convened in Basle, Switzerland. It laid the plans for what would become the state of Israel. In other words, he was correct as far as he went. Others have suggested that since the calculation of "seven times more" is doubled in Leviticus 26, the seventy ignored shmittahs are equal to 3,430 years. That is, 70 times seven equals 490, then multiplying by seven again, yields a total of 3,430 years.
    Thus, Mr. Bullinger successfully applied the number 1260 prophetically, predicting an important date for Jerusalem and the Jews before it actually happened. For this reason, his use of the numbers holds more currency for me than any other views that I have come across. But there have been some other impressive examples.
    But of course Bullinger used 365.24 days per year, rather than the 360 day years that Code breaker uses. This makes for a difference of 36.68 years, that is, 2520 solar years = 2556.68 prophetic years.

Taking the years as Bullinger has applied them in the previous example - years of 365.2426 days - we find that, counting 2520 years forward from the date of Nebuchadnezzar's initial sortie into Judah brings us to 1917. In this year, the Balfour Declaration promised a homeland for the Jews. And not long after, on December 9 of the same year, Jerusalem was freed from mohammedan rule, when the British took the city from the Turks. My countrymen were involved in that great event, and a New Zealander of Jewish descent was the first to fly the Star of David over the city of Jerusalem. The day the British took the city coincided with the Feast of Hanukkah.
    Very intriguing facts.

There are many other stimulating examples to be unearthed by using these numbers as prophetic years. I have given a few examples in other threads. Interestingly, I have also read at two different places that 1260 years harmonise the solar and lunar cycles, giving this number even greater significance. Maybe someone with the mathematical instinct would like to confirm the verity of this assertion.

Stephen
    I don't have much time for this today, but I did find a site that harmonized all three years of 354 (lunar), 360 (prophetic), and 365.24 (solar). Here is the link:

http://www.netrover.com/~numbers/sol...s-leson2b1.htm

He suggests that the 360 prophetic is the average or the other two:

365.24 (solar) + 354.37 (lunar) = 719.61 รท 2 = 359.8 days. (I.e., approx. 360 of prophetic.)

I have never delved in too deeply into all these calendar calculations. It looks like this might be a good time to check them out, since two members - you (Stephen) and Code breaker - have thought about these things a lot.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)

Fog

Hi Richard!

Just clearing the vast rifts of cloud and fog from the valleys of my brain where the storehouses of 1260 and 2520 are thought to reside. In so doing, I will try to locate a few internet links for you to check out in order to see that this topic has been thought on - though not necessarily correctly deciphered - for more moons than we could care to name or number.

First up, here's the Bullinger link:

http://philologos.org/__eb-tws/signs.htm

He gives quite some useful data in this addendum to his book. And yes, you are correct, this particular work is dated 1893, although some of his earlier works were written during the 1880s. So it antedates the First Zionist Congress - this significantly being the first Jewish body politic since the diaspora - by four years. While some of his data is inaccurate - and I don't follow his futurist interpretation - it is still a thoughtful read. Remember the time in which it was written, before computers, the World Wars, movies, flight, the Dead Sea scrolls etc.

An example of an error would be Bullinger's dating of Daniel 2. Daniel himself gives us the date when he states that it was set in the second year of Nebuchadnezzar, which makes it 604 B.C., as Nebuchadnezzar came to power a year before this date. This date marks the beginning of Judah and Jerusalem's dependence on Babylon. This is where the 2520 years take us forward to 1917 A.D., the year of the Balfour Declaration and the freeing of Jerusalem from Gentile rule. [PS: Check out Daniel's awesome prayer of thanksgiving to God when the secret of Nebuchadnezzar's dream was revealed to him]. While Bullinger gets the starting date wrong, he is nevertheless correct when he asserts that (neo-)Babylon had been in existence at least 20 years prior to the date of Nebuchadnezzar's dream.

Picking through the fog I am able to give another internet reference that discusses these two numbers. The author is summarising many views that antedate his own interest in, and coming to, the subject. He uses a variety of prophetic year types, so you'll have to wade your way through the swamp. While I obviously don't endorse all, or even most, of his suppositions, there's plenty there to see that this subject has been around for a long time, which is the purpose of supplying this link:

http://www.british-israel.us/31.html

Please remember, it is extremely unlikely that all of the examples given by the latter writer are significant. Also, I would tend to stick with one kind of method for calculating the years rather than flitting back and forth between lunar and solar. I do the same with gematria, using only the standard method, and completely ignoring the sofit values. Uniformity of method is, to my mind, crucial in proving the results to be significant.

No doubt, you will have certain criticisms of some methods, as do I. However, if possible, try to get an overview. I find that establishing an overview helps to sieve out the coincidences from the more thoughtful findings. This is important, otherwise it becomes too easy to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I will have to apply greater winds to the fogs if I am to give you some veiled references to 2520 from the Torah and from Daniel. One of them concerns the writing on the wall. When I have a bit more time than I currently have, I will make the effort to post something small on the subject. I have a strong feeling that Daniel is really the key to understanding the concept of time in biblical prophecy. If we want to suss the matter out, we probably will need to spend a lot of time meditating upon the numbers and concepts that he brings up.

And thanks for the link you supplied on various approaches to deciphering prophetic time.

Stephen
    "And the watchman told, saying, 'The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously'

Hey everyone,

I have to keep this brief. Anyhew, Ram, I understand your just probing my brain right now, that's fine.

I'm glad that the number 2520 is stiring up some good conversation. In fact, I my interest rose after discovering the importance of this number. In my book Prophecy Code, I acknowledged E.W. Bullinger as the originator of the theory that 2520 days also depicts years. I am also aware that Bullinger used the Solar calendar in his calculations, including his knowledge of the ecliptic cycles or saros being 1260.

The fourth chapter of My book builds on his theory that 2520 solar years is the era of Gentile rule over Jerusalem.

Yes I believe a Third temple will be built on the Temple mount, that is why in theory there should be one more 2520 year epoch left to be fulfilled. This epoch should start in 445 BC, the beginning of the seventy sevens.

Got to go for now,

Thread Information