Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by alec cotton View Post
    Greetings Anita.
    I focussed on your word 'logically'. I suggest that we apply a little bit of logic. I think that I might have remarked somewhere else that I have no quarrel with true science. True science is : Knowledge from enquiry. Modern science is theory from speculation. The notion that the earth was created about six thousand years ago just will not bear scrutiny.If we were to speculate on this theme ,then the dinasaurs were created on the fifth day and were extinct on the sixth. If you were to stretch your imagination and say that they were destroyed at the time of the flood it still would not add up . A thousand feet of sediment per year would have to fall in order to account for the depth at which they are buried.
    Excellent argument Alec! I agree completely. To my mind, I see no difference between Flat Earth Geography and Young Earth Creationism.

    Though I would take exception with your description of "modern science" as "theory from speculation." Modern science is "true" science - it is based on testable data and empirical facts.

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I like the "solidity" of things archived on the net. It's like when something is printed on paper. If someone finds an error in yesterdays newspaper, they simple post a correction in today's edition.

    This mimics reality - what is past is past:
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it

    -- Omar Khayyam

    Oh well, how am I suppose to understand this broken English mumble jumble? Don't hide behind it and just change the settings back to unlimited and that was before you started to like this mumble jumble garbage

    In our first mail you called me friend. I found it a bit early because in Poverbs it says not so fast. Then no mails were answered any more and now this. Aren't friends suppose to do things for each other? Otherwise what does the word mean? I will throw some mumble jumble at you?
    Last edited by NumberX; 06-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    Oh well, how am I suppose to understand this broken English mumble jumble? Don't hide behind it and just change the settings back to unlimited and that was before you started to like this mumble jumble garbage

    In our first mail you called me friend. I found it a bit early because in Poverbs it says not so fast. Then no mails were answered any more and now this. Aren't friends suppose to do things for each other? Otherwise what does the word mean? I will throw some mumble jumble at you?
    OK - there seems to be a popular demand for unlimited editing, so I have made it so.

    As for the "broken English mumble jumble" - that's called "poetry" and should be understood as such. Don't you like the right side of your brain? Why do you call poetry garbage?

    And don't accuse me of hiding or I will never let you edit your posts again!

    Just kidding!

    I see you are still upset about my lack of communication. I apologized once, but let me do it again, sevenfold this time:









    Now where were we? What was it we were talking about?

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    296
    Oh now I am happy again. I hereby ask the users of the forum to use this recovered freedom in a good way.
    Last edited by NumberX; 06-07-2010 at 01:43 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    15,148
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    Oh now I am happy again. I hereby ask the users of the forum to use this recovered freedom in a good way.
    Your happiness is my happiness!

    "Recovered freedom" - that's an elevated idea. I hope folks use this forum to recover more of their freedom in every way!

    That would make me very happy.

    Shine on Freedom Posters!



    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    Oh now I am happy again. I hereby ask the users of the forum to use this recovered freedom in a good way.
    This incident got me to thinking about all the freedoms that get taken away from us because of the few that abuse those freedoms. Is it really a good thing to punish the many because of the few? I don't think so, because it only leads to resentment on the part of the responsible ones. I realize everything can be abused and because of that laws must be made to protect the innocent, but whenever possible...let our freedom remain!

    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    193

    Yes but . . .

    Rose I do see what is being stated, yet I have to conclude and side with Richard on this point.
    When Anita came to this site she made certain remarks that were a bit outlandish. All said and done it's all water under the bridge. Now she hasn't as far as my knowledge gone back and covered over any of these so called regrettable comments she may have made. Being banned means she can't. Now to some people this may seem like a abuse of individuals rights, but for the sake of CONTINUITY if Richard were to allow gross mistakes to be overwritten and then vehemently denied later as to have ever taken place, would confuse the reader forcing them to question the TRUTH of the thread.

    Yes there are many times I've gone back to edit what I've posted, simply because it was wrong, the syntax or spelling was out or I was just out right being a pig and swore like there was no tomorrow.
    Only to wake up tomorrow, read that same post and regret every syllable!

    Yet I still agree as embarrassing as it can be that editing should not be allowed. This will cause all of us to pick up our game and not rant at the top of our heads or speak for the sake of being heard. It also acts as an adjudicator which can haunt a person at times, and for that I thank God for in this age of coverups and squeaky clean images it's good to know that some people like myself, Richard and the like are here to reveal the skeletons and not hide them in some ones confused memory of a conversation they thought they had!

    Though I've sided with Anita on some points, I still very much side with Richard on ceasing the ability to edit posts. It is crucial that people do not come here to willfully mislead the community which can easily be done if indefinite editing is to remain.

    Thanks for listening, it would be great to see what the numbers FOR or AGAINST editing would be here at this forum, maybe a weekly poll could be arranged for the members as a good democratic view of where the Status Quo may lay on issues such as this.

    Mick
    So were you worth it?
    Seriously think about it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . were you worth dying on the cross for?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lebanon,Pa
    Posts
    200
    I have just finished looking at this thread. No, I didn't read it word for word, unless I saw something that got my attention, and that I can understand. I mean, when people begin talking about particles and atoms, I get lost in a hurry.

    One thing I do understand is usage of English words. For the example, the word "day." That could mean one day, or many days, depending on the usage. If I were to talk about "the day of my birth," it is obvious, is it not, that I am speaking of one specific day. But if I would say, "back in the day when I was raised," the word "day" is obviously referring to more than one day as it took more than one specific day to raise me.

    The same is true for the word "man." The word "man" could either mean one specific man, or mankind, depending on it's usage.

    This concept became real to me as a young radio announcer. The first station manager I served under taught me about the word "you." I was told to use the word "you" because even though I was speaking to thousands of people, the word "you" made each one of them feel like I was speaking directly to an individual listener, making that individual listener feel special.

    When Jesus was speaking to the disciples once he asked them, "who do you say that I am?" Who was he speaking to? He was speaking to all of the disciples. So, depending on the usage of the word "you," it could be referring to one or more than one person.

    For those of you that have been discussing the word "day," in the beginning, does that make sense?

    Last edited by Didymus; 04-26-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    Justice at the expense of the truth is not justice at all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •