Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Hi Rose,

I have expected your response and my answer is at hand.

To forgive someone "Until seventy times seven times" does not mean without end. The "Until" which I underlined suggest there is a limit to the number of times we should forgive and if taken literally it would mean up to 490 times. But that is not what it really mean, it means to forgive someone as many times as possible. If "seventy times seven times" is meant to be without end then Jesus would have said to forgive them endlessly. Comparing with Daniel's seventy times seven weeks, it is obviously taken as 490 years and not "years without end". Comparing with Cain and Lamech, "Genesis 4:24 If Cain is avenged seven times,
    then Lamech seventy-seven times."
    Obviously, it means that if Cain is avenged 7 times then Lamech will be avenged many times that of Cain and not avenged "without end" or up to 49 times. This is not a God which you and I would want.... i.e. an unforgiving God that avenge without end. So "seveny times seven times is taken as many times and not "times without end". The numbers suggest there is a limit of a number of times, if not, then might as well say endless or forever.

Many Blessings.
    Hello Cheow,

To follow your reasoning of how many times would it be possible for someone to forgive another their transgression? I would say the answer to that is as long as a person lives....their entire lifetime! If that is the case with man then how many times can God forgive? The answer to that would be... without end!

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Exclamation UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello Cheow,
    To follow your reasoning of how many times would it be possible for someone to forgive another their transgression? I would say the answer to that is as long as a person lives....their entire lifetime! If that is the case with man then how many times can God forgive? The answer to that would be... without end! Rose
    Have you guys ever heard of
    UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
    http://richardwaynegarganta.com/universalsalvation.htm

It's a good one!

hi

i do believe in free will and do know all of the implication,and you are you a believer in freewill??

Pierre

WHY I DON'T BELIEVE IN "FREE" WILL

Quote Originally Posted by terraricca View Post
    hi
    i do believe in free will and do know all of the implications, and you are you a believer in freewill?? Pierre
    Why I don't believe in "free" will.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE by James Coram (online reading)
    http://concordant.org/expohtml/HisAc...ent/index.html

The introduction at the beginning of each of the seventeen chapters is not the chapter itself. You must click on the highlighted title of each chapter to bring up the entire chapter to read it.

The following chapter in this exposition specifically deals with the 'free" will issue.
    http://concordant.org/expohtml/HisAc...vement016.html

hi rodgertutt

i have seen your godfire that did not teach me anything i did not know already,
    tell are you one who believes in what is said on that site??

regards

Pierre

ABOUT FREE WILL

hi rodgertutt
    i have seen your godfire that did not teach me anything i did not know already, tell are you one who believes in what is said on that site??
    regards Pierre
    Another writing that helped convince me there is no "free" will.
    ABOUT FREE WILL
    http://home.earthlink.net/~btodd2/freewillnote.html

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
    Another writing that helped convince me there is no "free" will.
    ABOUT FREE WILL
    http://home.earthlink.net/~btodd2/freewillnote.html
    hi Rodgertutt

i have seen enough there is nothing new in the refusal to accept responsibility for our wrongdoing,

i wander if we teach our children that way ,i mean not mine ,i would not like my kids to think that everything is a gift and no exchange or payment is doe for whatever wrong they may do to any body,and have there conscience clear of guilt,even go further blame it on the parents because they caused there birth,well it would have to be accepted they are not responsible for there action ,why fear God ?? why the law?? why Christ came to teach us ?
    God is powerful he could do magic and save us all the trouble of all the misery and wickedness because according to your believe we after all are on the receiving end not on the giving end of things are we???

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hello Cheow,

To follow your reasoning of how many times would it be possible for someone to forgive another their transgression? I would say the answer to that is as long as a person lives....their entire lifetime! If that is the case with man then how many times can God forgive? The answer to that would be... without end!

Rose
    Hi Rose,

I don't think we can use human emotions here, for "His ways are higher than ours and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts".

Yes, we are the children of God and we are his creatures so are the animals, plants, trees etc. As a creator, does He have a right to destroy anything that He deems fit? Yes, God is Love but is Love means not destroying anything. If so, why would God destroyed everything on earth with a great flood except 8 men, marine creatures and those animals in the ark? God have billions of children, imagine if one group of evil children starts influencing every billions of children to be very evil, would God have done something to stop this evil from spreading beyond control or would God say, "well, I love my children so much, let the evil spread all over the world and beyond control, one day they will realize how much is my love and patience and they will repent and come back to Me". To me, the prudent approach is to isolate those evil children to stop them from influencing the rest of your own children, punished them as severely as possible until they turned good and stop influencing other own children to be evil. And for those children who have been influenced and repented to become good, then forgive them. That to me is Holistic Love. But what happens to those children who still do not want to turn good and still influence other children to be evil despite constant severe punishments and warnings? Let them be evil and live forever hoping they will repent would mean more of your own children will become influenced by them to be evil (this is irresponsible) or would it be better to give them a final warning? If they listen and repented, fine, if not serve them the final warning and remove them totally as afterall you have the responsibility to ensure that the rest of the billions of children are well and good and will not turn evil again. This is Holistic Love.

Does a potter destroy any pots that he made that is not up to standard in quality and reliability? Of course, the potter is sad to destroy those pots that are not up to quality standards as afterall he has invested his time, resources and efforts in the making of those pots. What can he do? Keep those useless pots forever as one day the pots will somehow become very good quality pots?.....

The question is, Can one be Loving and yet be "cruel"?

Many Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Hi Pierce,

Welcome to the forum Nice to see new faces.

Of course, God did not create evil but uses evil to test people. In the Garden of Eden, the serpent which represented Satan was used to test Adam and Eve to see if they were inclined for good or for evil. God also created the the Garden of Eden? If God did not put the serpent and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve would not have been deceived and tempted, and we would all be living eternal life in paradise now on earth".

It's like a robot maker testing his humanoid robots that he made to see if these humanoid robots are prone to do evil or to do good. The humanoid robots are programmed to have the free will to decide for themselves between doing good or doing evil. If they decided to do good, they will exist forever but if they decided to do evil, then their existence will be limited for a period of time. But during that period that they have decided to do evil and then later they decided and change their mind sincerely to do good, then they will be awarded to exist forever. However, if they continue to do evil without sincerely changing their mind to do good despite many chances given to them to do good, then they will be totally be destroyed. The ultimate purpose of the robot maker is to have high quality humanoid robots that would function to do only good things.

Many Blessings.
    hi Cheow

God created many things like trees ,but it was not to climb on and jump from the 50 foot elevation,he create the rivers and lakes but not to go and fastened a stone to our body and jump in the deepest of that lake or river,or jump of a cliff, or other stupid thing,

no God created all things good,nothing wrong ,

if the person you are given to be taught in doing right leads you ashtray so that your trust is put on your own shoulders this is hard but not wen you have been previously made aware of what not to do ,and what you are allowed to do,

so i can not buy your way of thinking

regards

Pierre

Not from this world...from the other side
    hi Cheow

God created many things like trees ,but it was not to climb on and jump from the 50 foot elevation,he create the rivers and lakes but not to go and fastened a stone to our body and jump in the deepest of that lake or river,or jump of a cliff, or other stupid thing,

no God created all things good,nothing wrong ,

if the person you are given to be taught in doing right leads you ashtray so that your trust is put on your own shoulders this is hard but not wen you have been previously made aware of what not to do ,and what you are allowed to do,

so i can not buy your way of thinking

regards

Pierre
    Hi Pierre,

Of course, God created things good but can its creation be corrupted? See this parable for yourself:

Matthew 13:24He set another parable before them, saying,
    "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field,
    but while people slept,
    his enemy came and sowed darnel also among the wheat, and went away.
    But when the blade sprang up and brought forth fruit, then the darnel appeared also.

The servants of the householder came and said to him,
    ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field?
    Where did this darnel come from?’
    "He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’"The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and gather them up?’
    "But he said, ‘No, lest perhaps while you gather up the darnel,
    you root up the wheat with them.
    Let both grow together until the harvest,
    and in the harvest time I will tell the reapers,

"First, gather up the darnel, and bind them in bundles to burn them;
    but gather the wheat into my barn."‘"

Many Blessings.

Thread Information