Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
    Thanks for posting the info on the mandala. I was going to do the same. Please don't stop - this is a goldmine that reveals how the divine design of the Holy Bible follows patterns that God used throughout creation, including his crowning creation of the Rational Soul of Man that is the only aspect of creation that can begin to really understand the glory of God. That's why the independent witnesses of the "poets" as in Acts and Jung in Psychology are so significant. We are entering into an entirely new level of understanding the significance and psychological power of the Bible Wheel. I have always known that God's Word was given not just teach us the way of salvation, but more importantly, to transform our minds to conform us to the Image of His Son who is enthroned in the center of the Divine Mandala of God's Word. We are talking about this in related thread called Metamorphosis which looks at the fourfold life cycle of butterflies. The verses cited there are quite relevant here:

• Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed [metamorphoo] by the renewing [anakainosis] of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
    • Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing [anakainosis] of the Holy Ghost;
    • 2 Cor 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed [anakainoo] day by day.
    • Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed [anakainoo] in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

"An integrated structure organized around a unifying center"

What is a mandala? (Excerpts from mandalaproject.org)

The pattern of creation

The word "mandala" is from the classical Indian language of Sanskrit. Loosely translated to mean "circle," a mandala is far more than a simple shape. It represents wholeness, and can be seen as a model for the organizational structure of life itself--a cosmic diagram that reminds us of our relation to the infinite, the world that extends both beyond and within our bodies and minds.

Describing both material and non-material realities, the mandala appears in all aspects of life: the celestial circles we call earth, sun, and moon, as well as conceptual circles of friends, family, and community.

From micro to macro

The "circle with a center" pattern is the basic structure of creation that is reflected from the micro to the macro in the world as we know it. It is a pattern found in nature and is seen in biology, geology, chemistry, physics and astronomy.

On our planet, living things are made of cells and each cell has a nucleus -- all display circles with centers. The crystals that form ice, rocks, and mountains are made of atoms. Each atom is a mandala.

Within the Milky Way galaxy is our solar system and within our solar system, is Earth. Each is a mandala that is part of a larger mandala.

Flowers, the rings found in tree trunks and the spiraling outward and inward of a snail's shell all reflect the primal mandala pattern. Wherever a center is found radiating outward and inward, there is wholeness--a mandala.

From my page Artistic Applications of the Bible Wheel:

In the image above, I was hoping to offer a vision of the unity of God's design in everything He created, from spiral galaxies to spiral seashells (based on spirals of DNA), to the structure of His Holy Word.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    1 Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
    Four elements:

1. Great Wind (ruach)
    2. Earthquake (ra'ash)
    3. Fire (esh)
    4. Still Small Voice (qol damamah daqah)

This quaternity follows the standard pattern of 3 + 1:
    4 Manifestations = 3 Natural Forces + 1 Divine Voice
    The Fourth Manifestation is described by the Dalet (Fourth Letter) KeyWord damamah which means "silent" or "still." It is cognate with KeyWord damah which God placed in the Dalet verse of Psalm 37:
    Psalm 37.7 [Dalet]: Rest in the LORD [Dom L'YHVH], and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
    The Number Four is profoundly connected with the concept of stillness and rest which coheres, of course, with the Fourth Commandment (Sabbath Rest). We see this symbolic meaning of Dalet clearly displayed in Psalm 4:4 -
    Psalm 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still (damam). Selah.
    This is extremely elegant! This 3 + 1 pattern is everywhere in Scripture.

Check this one out - the following are the only appearances of the the phrase "if you will not hearken to me" in the Bible:
    Leviticus 26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

Jeremiah 26:4 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,

Ezekiel (Book 26) 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

Jeremiah 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.
    Note that they are four verses. Three of them are synoptic in the sense that they are found in a passage index by 26 (Spoke 4!). Jeremiah 17:27 is different from them because it is not governed by 26 but on the other hand it contains a reference to the 4th Commandment - Sabbath Rest!!

This is extremely elegant! This 3 + 1 pattern is everywhere in Scripture.

Check this one out - the following are the only appearances of the the phrase "if you will not hearken to me" in the Bible:
    Leviticus 26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

Jeremiah 26:4 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,

Ezekiel (Book 26) 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

Jeremiah 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.
    Note that they are four verses. Three of them are synoptic in the sense that they are found in a passage index by 26 (Spoke 4!). Jeremiah 17:27 is different from them because it is not governed by 26 but on the other hand it contains a reference to the 4th Commandment - Sabbath Rest!!
    At first glance this looks very significant (especially the connection with the 4th Commandment), but it needs to be refined because it depends on the KJV translation and some minor variations in the Hebrew. There are two other verses that use similar language:
    Leviticus 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
    And:
    Leviticus 26:27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
    I checked the Hebrew, and these are the only two additional verses that use any close variation of the phrase im lo tishmu li (If ye will not hearken unto me). Now as it turns out, the Hebrew words in Ezekiel are sufficiently distinct to make me think that it is not part of the quaternity. Searching for all verses that contain the exact phrase "lo tishmu li" or "lo tishmu eli" (which are equivalent) yields five verses:

1. Lev 26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
    2. Lev 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
    3. Lev 26:27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
    4. Jer 26:4 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,
    5. Jer 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

We now have a quaternity of 3 in Lev 26 + 1 in Jer 26, and the verse relating to the Sabbath may be understood as the "Fifth Element" - the Quintessence of the Four - which represents the essence of this quaternity. This quaternity is marked entirely by the Number 26 which links to Ezekiel and Ezekiel focuses on the Sabbath more than any other prophet by a long shot. This is significant in it's own right given that Ezekiel is on Spoke 4 and the Sabbath is the 4th Commandment. Thus we have a strong expression of this connection in the quaternity of 3 (Lev 26) + 1 (Jer 26). Note also that the 3 verses in Lev 26 use "li" for "to me" while Jer 26 uses "eli" - so we have a second distinct aspect of the Fourth Element.

I find it very satisfying that though the first clue did not pan out precisely as anticipated, it has led to an even deeper insight. Good work. Keep it up!

Richard

ETA: I'm still not confident about this quaternity because of details in the text of Leviticus. For example, I just found this additional verse that does not use "lo" for "not" but which matches the meaning of the verses above:

Leviticus 26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

But now I'm getting curious about the four occurrences of "seven times" in Lev 26. That seems significant because the Fourth Commandment concerns the Seventh Day and the four occurrences are found in chapter 26 corresponding to Ezekiel on Spoke 4 which emphasizes the Fourth Commandment. Note also that the first violation of the Fourth Commandment happens in Numbers, the first book on Spoke 4.

Check out my blog site

3 measures of meal + leaven = whole being leavened

Matt.13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and mingled (ekgrupto) with three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Luke 13:20-21 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and mingled (ekgrupto) with three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
    In the 13th chapter (1 & 3) of both Matthew and Luke, Jesus presents the parable of the kingdom of heaven....likening it to leaven that is mixed with three measures of meal resulting in the quintessence (kingdom of heaven) which is the whole of the meal being leavened. This is in perfect keeping with the theme of quaternitys (3 synoptic + 1 diverse), found in abundance in Scripture.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

I want to come back to this thread when I find a chance to.

Cheers!
    Victor

At first glance this looks very significant (especially the connection with the 4th Commandment), but it needs to be refined because it depends on the KJV translation and some minor variations in the Hebrew. There are two other verses that use similar language:
    Leviticus 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
    And:
    Leviticus 26:27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
    I checked the Hebrew, and these are the only two additional verses that use any close variation of the phrase im lo tishmu li (If ye will not hearken unto me). Now as it turns out, the Hebrew words in Ezekiel are sufficiently distinct to make me think that it is not part of the quaternity. Searching for all verses that contain the exact phrase "lo tishmu li" or "lo tishmu eli" (which are equivalent) yields five verses:

1. Lev 26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
    2. Lev 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
    3. Lev 26:27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
    4. Jer 26:4 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,
    5. Jer 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

We now have a quaternity of 3 in Lev 26 + 1 in Jer 26, and the verse relating to the Sabbath may be understood as the "Fifth Element" - the Quintessence of the Four - which represents the essence of this quaternity. This quaternity is marked entirely by the Number 26 which links to Ezekiel and Ezekiel focuses on the Sabbath more than any other prophet by a long shot. This is significant in it's own right given that Ezekiel is on Spoke 4 and the Sabbath is the 4th Commandment. Thus we have a strong expression of this connection in the quaternity of 3 (Lev 26) + 1 (Jer 26). Note also that the 3 verses in Lev 26 use "li" for "to me" while Jer 26 uses "eli" - so we have a second distinct aspect of the Fourth Element.

I find it very satisfying that though the first clue did not pan out precisely as anticipated, it has led to an even deeper insight. Good work. Keep it up!

Richard

ETA: I'm still not confident about this quaternity because of details in the text of Leviticus. For example, I just found this additional verse that does not use "lo" for "not" but which matches the meaning of the verses above:

Leviticus 26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

But now I'm getting curious about the four occurrences of "seven times" in Lev 26. That seems significant because the Fourth Commandment concerns the Seventh Day and the four occurrences are found in chapter 26 corresponding to Ezekiel on Spoke 4 which emphasizes the Fourth Commandment. Note also that the first violation of the Fourth Commandment happens in Numbers, the first book on Spoke 4.
    I think I found a good way to summarize the patterns.

First, the fourfold 3 + 1 set that I presented above is preserved if we limit it to distinct Bible chapters. Thus all hits in Lev 26 would count as "one".

The above comprises all the hits found by searching the word set (if, you, will, nor, hearken, me). The Hebrew search will find the same results.

This inclusive search will therefore yield seven verses!!! Think about that! God says that they will be punished "seven times" if they don't hearken to Him and the phrase "if you will not hearken (un)to me" appears seven times.

Of the seven verses, six are governed by 26: Lev 26 (4x!), Jer 26 and Book 26. Only one isn't located at Spoke 4: Jer 17:27. And this seventh element specifically speaks of the Seventh Day!
    Jer 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.
    There is therefore a variation on the 3 + 1 pattern, this time in the form of the 6 + 1 pattern that opens the Bible.

This is a sevenfold quaternity that follows the same pattern as the Canon Wheel integrated with the Four Cherubim via the paired branches of the Menorah.

Isaiah 11:2

1. the spirit of the LORD,
    2. the spirit of wisdom and understanding,
    3. the spirit of counsel and might,
    4. the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

The word "spirit" occurs four times. The first describes the singular Spirit of the Lord while the other three have paired elements just like the Menorah and the Seven Days of Creation and the Canon Wheel. Thus we have another quaternity that exhibits a 1 + 3 pattern.

(...)

I still need to thoroughly review the correlation between the details of the paired spirits with the paired divisions of the Canon Wheel. The first is clear - the Spirit of the Lord is singular, and corresponds to the Eagle and the Seventh Division (NT Epistles). It therefore looks like the standard order may simply be reversed here. Luke/Man would correspond to Wisdom and Understanding (big themes in Luke/Wisdom Books, and an obvious match), Counsel and Might would correspond to Mark/Ox which coheres well with the dominance of power (dunamis) in Mark, and Matthew/Lion would correspond to the spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord which fits very well because Aryeh (Lion) is an anagram of Yirah (Fear).

Richard
    Stupendous find! I never noticed it. I remember finding a 1 + 6 pattern in the sevenfold Spirit of Isaiah 11, but never went ahead and made the connections above! They look so obvious now! Congratulations for the discovery!

Stupendous find! I never noticed it. I remember finding a 1 + 6 pattern in the sevenfold Spirit of Isaiah 11, but never went ahead and made the connections above! They look so obvious now! Congratulations for the discovery!
    Thanks Victor! It is a joy to discover these things and my joy is made full by having someone to share it with.

The pattern of Isaiah 11 is particularly stunning because it is so explicitly laid out as both a sevenfold and fourfold pattern.

Check out my blog site

Thanks Victor! It is a joy to discover these things and my joy is made full by having someone to share it with.

The pattern of Isaiah 11 is particularly stunning because it is so explicitly laid out as both a sevenfold and fourfold pattern.
    Please check out also post 17 of mine above. It is a synthetic view of what we discussed from the "hearken" verses.

Thread Information