Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Isaiah/Revelation connections

RAM,
    I haven't looked as closely as I'd like at what you have understood between the connections in Isaiah and Revelation. This morning it occurred to me that there may be some correlation (co-relation) between Rev 1 and Isaiah 1-3 and aleph. Have you noticed (22 chapters in Revelation, 66 in Isaiah, 22 letters in Hebrew aleph-bet) some sort of connection between each chapter in Revelation, sections of Isaiah in 3's and each letter in the alphabet?
    for you are NOW Light; walk as Sons of Light Eph 5:8

Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle View Post
    RAM,
    I haven't looked as closely as I'd like at what you have understood between the connections in Isaiah and Revelation. This morning it occurred to me that there may be some correlation (co-relation) between Rev 1 and Isaiah 1-3 and aleph. Have you noticed (22 chapters in Revelation, 66 in Isaiah, 22 letters in Hebrew aleph-bet) some sort of connection between each chapter in Revelation, sections of Isaiah in 3's and each letter in the alphabet?
    Hi Screaming Eagle,

Since you noticed all those cool connections and "co-realtions" you are ready to check out Richard's Bible Wheel web-site. Here's a link to The Wheel of Revelation and the Isaiah Bible correlation for starters.

Have fun!

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Arrow Is 48:22, Is 57:21, Is 66

Richard,
    What connection do you see between Is 48:22 and Is 57:21?

Isa 48:22 There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked. (KJV)

I'm wondering if it's an indication of sorts of sections of themes that ends with this scripture. Following this line of thinking, it would seem reasonable (on the surface) to conclude that Is 66:24 would also be the end of a 'section' or theme.

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (KJV)

Richard,

I'm wondering if it's an indication of sorts of sections of themes that ends with this scripture. Following this line of thinking, it would seem reasonable (on the surface) to conclude that Is 66:24 would also be the end of a 'section' or theme.

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (KJV)
    Are you suggesting that we compare verse 22 of the Inner Cycle of 22 verses of Isaiah 48 with Isaiah 66 (which falls on Spoke 22 of the Inner Cycle of Isaiah)?

In general, I think it is very clear that Isaiah 66 as a whole corresponds to Revelation (Book 66). But I'm not sure I follow why we would conclude that Isaiah 66:24 is the end of a "section or theme."
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Richard,
    I only mentioned that verse in particular because it is the last verse in Isaiah. If the previous two verses (48:22 and 57:21) end sections/themes (same scripture) of Is 40-66 (I'm just thinking out loud here, not making a 'claim' or assertion) then the last verse in Is 66 would have to end that last 'section', right?
    I'm aware of some of the assertions that Is 40-66 were actually penned by others that were closely associated with Isaiah (in Isaiah's name in effect). Matters not a whit to me because it's clearly directed and arranged by the Lord however He did it.

Richard,
    I only mentioned that verse in particular because it is the last verse in Isaiah. If the previous two verses (48:22 and 57:21) end sections/themes (same scripture) of Is 40-66 (I'm just thinking out loud here, not making a 'claim' or assertion) then the last verse in Is 66 would have to end that last 'section', right?
    I'm aware of some of the assertions that Is 40-66 were actually penned by others that were closely associated with Isaiah (in Isaiah's name in effect). Matters not a whit to me because it's clearly directed and arranged by the Lord however He did it.
    I agree completely about the insignificance of the scholastic division of Isaiah into proto- and deutero-Isaiah. They also have a trito-Isaiah! Such things don't matter because they are only speculations about the method that God used to give us Scripture. The end result is obviously divine, and that's sufficient for me!

Now as for the idea of breaking down Isaiah into thematic sections. There's been a lot written on that. But I've never considered the particular division you are suggesting, and nothing about it "leaps out at me." Perhaps I'm missing something.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

RAM,
    Congrats for noticing this correlation!

In Isaiah, you'll find results if you correlate the chapters and the letters in the following fashion:
    • Isa 1 - Aleph
    • Isa 2 - Bet
    • Isa 3 - Gimel
    • Isa 4 - Dalet
    • Isa 21 - Shin
    • Isa 22 - Tav
    • Isa 23 - Aleph
    • Isa 24 - Bet
    • Isa 43 - Shin
    • Isa 44 - Tav
    • Isa 45 - Aleph
    • Isa 46 - Bet
    • Isa 63 - Quph
    • Isa 64 - Resh
    • Isa 65 - Shin
    • Isa 66 - Tav
    Consider for example the Ninth Letter Tet. It signifies "serpent." Serpents appear in both Isaiah 9 and Revelation 9. See article Head and Tail.

The Tenth Letter Yod means "hand." And the Hand theme is prominent in both Isaiah 10 and Revelation 10. See articles The Strength of My Hand and Book in Hand.

And there's a lot more!

The three thirds of Deutero-Isaiah

Richard,

Richard,
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Now as for the idea of breaking down Isaiah into thematic sections. There's been a lot written on that. But I've never considered the particular division you are suggesting, and nothing about it "leaps out at me." Perhaps I'm missing something.
    This pattern presented by Screaming Eagle is very valid and also pleasing. The second section of Isaiah comprises Chapters 40-66, a total of 27 chapters. It can be literarily divided into three thirds: 40-48, 49-57 and 58-66. Why so? Because each of these sections ends with a "there's no peace to the wicked" declaration.
    Isa 48:22 There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.

Isa 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
    Isaiah 66 differs in form, but the concept is congruent with the first two. Besides, the end of this "section" coincides with the end of the book, so we should have a greater "finale". Therefore we find the second section of Isaiah divided into three equal parts of nine chapters each.

This is very pleasing to behold because the literary division of the text coincides with the chapter divison count, which, in the Middle Ages, was (most likely) determined without any consideration to the literary pattern. Thus once again the man-made chapter division of the biblical text yields a meta-pattern that wasn't first expected.

This also makes me think of the chapter division of Ezekiel. Like Isaiah, there's a great subject break when we move from chapters 39 to 40 of this prophet's book, when he introduces the vision of the escathological temple. This vision spans nine chapters, coinciding with the size of the nine-chapter section in Isaiah 40-66.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I agree completely about the insignificance of the scholastic division of Isaiah into proto- and deutero-Isaiah.
    That's the great irony. Scholars claim that there is more than one major author in Isaiah because there is a major subject break between chapters 39 and 40. Of course they were not interested in vindicating the Isaiah-Bible Correlation when they thought this out, but that's what they exactly ended up doing unwittingly! This major subject break that divides Isaiah into two parts of 39 and 27 chapters coincides with the 66-Book Bible divided into 39 OT and 27 NT books in both form and content! Praise be to God!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    That's the great irony. Scholars claim that there is more than one major author in Isaiah because there is a major subject break between chapters 39 and 40. Of course they were not interested in vindicating the Isaiah-Bible Correlation when they thought this out, but that's what they exactly ended up doing unwittingly! This major subject break that divides Isaiah into two parts of 39 and 27 chapters coincides with the 66-Book Bible divided into 39 OT and 27 NT books in both form and content! Praise be to God!
    Thanks Victor - I knew I was supposed to bring out this point when I answered that question, but it didn't quite make it to the keyboard. I think it is extremely significant that skeptical scholarship inadvertently validates the Isaiah-Bible Correlation even as it denies the internal unity of Isaiah. We see the same irony in the parallel passages of the Synoptic Gospels and Kings/Chronicles. The very things that skeptics have used to deny the unity and divine inspiration of Scripture are now seen to be the greatest proofs of those very things!

Check out my blog site

Thread Information