Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 8880

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)
    Posts
    253

    8880

    This comes from the twelve tribes tabled at Revelation 7. This is not an original insight by myself, although I have no idea who first discovered it. Anyway, here are the details.

    Using Stephen's Textus Receptus, these are the nominative forms of the twelve tribes named at Revelation 7, with the gematria value of their names:

    Ioudas 685
    Rouben 630
    Gad 8
    Aser 309
    Nephthaleim 650
    Manasses 700
    Sumeon 1495
    Levi 445
    Isachar 912
    Zaboulon 1360
    Ioseph 1518
    Beniamin 168

    In the actual text of Stephen's TR, the names of Judah (Ioudas) and Manasseh (Manasses) are modified, the final letter being deleted to indicate the genitive case. The result is that the twelve tribes from the text sum to 8480. However, using the nominative form, as per the list, above, the total sum of all twelve tribes is 8880.

    Importantly, Stephen's TR uses the form Isachar for the name Issachar, whereas some of the other versions use the form Issachar, which form has the value of 1112. Both forms are equally valid.

    These values can all be checked out at Richard's database, at Revelation 7:5-8. The remarkable thing is that the total of 8880 harmonises with the number for Jesus, 888.

    Note that the tribe of Dan is omitted from this list, replaced by Manasseh. Also, Ephraim is replaced by Joseph. Furthermore, the total of 8880 factorises as:

    2 x 4440 (to haima Iesou Christou tou uiou)
    3 x 2960 (uios tou anthropou)
    6 x 1480 (Christos)
    10 x 888 (Iesous)
    15 x 592 (theotes)

    The above are all titles and aspects of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen; 08-04-2007 at 01:35 AM.
    "And the watchman told, saying, 'The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    This comes from the twelve tribes tabled at Revelation 7. This is not an original insight by myself, although I have no idea who first discovered it. Anyway, here are the details.

    Using Stephen's Textus Receptus, these are the nominative forms of the twelve tribes named at Revelation 7, with the gematria value of their names:

    Ioudas 685
    Rouben 630
    Gad 8
    Aser 309
    Nephthaleim 650
    Manasses 700
    Sumeon 1495
    Levi 445
    Isachar 912
    Zaboulon 1360
    Ioseph 1518
    Beniamin 168

    In the actual text of Stephen's TR, the names of Judah (Ioudas) and Manasseh (Manasses) are modified, the final letter being deleted to indicate the genitive case. The result is that the twelve tribes from the text sum to 8480. However, using the nominative form, as per the list, above, the total sum of all twelve tribes is 8880.

    Importantly, Stephen's TR uses the form Isachar for the name Issachar, whereas some of the other versions use the form Issachar, which form has the value of 1112. Both forms are equally valid.

    These values can all be checked out at Richard's database, at Revelation 7:5-8. The remarkable thing is that the total of 8880 harmonises with the number for Jesus, 888.
    Hi Stephen,

    Just jumping in to confirm your calculations. Your statements are correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Note that the tribe of Dan is omitted from this list, replaced by Manasseh.
    This is one reason I think the names are symbolic of something, but I don't know what. Some folks suggest it is because "Dan" means "Judge" and there won't be any "judgment" on the 144,000, but that doesn't seem satisfying at all. And why does it include Manasseh, a son of Joseph and Joseph? And why is Ephraim missing? And why the unique order? There are many questions about the meaning of the list. But the sum total of 8880 = 10 x Jesus does point to design in the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Also, Ephraim is replaced by Joseph. Furthermore, the total of 8880 factorises as:

    2 x 4440 (to haima Iesou Christou tou uiou)
    3 x 2960 (uios tou anthropou)
    6 x 1480 (Christos)
    10 x 888 (Iesous)
    15 x 592 (theotes)

    The above are all titles and aspects of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    Stephen
    Yep!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •