Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are two names that I see of Gilead: One comes from the covenant made by Jacob and Laban in Genesis 31 and the other is the son of Manasseh in Judges 11:1. But I wonder if the Manasseh's son inherited the same region where Jacob and Laban swore or elsewhere. Jephthah's home was in Mizpeh also mentioned in Genesis 31 which means watchtower or beacon. God is a watchtower and witness in the other's absense to see if Genesis 31's covenant is kept or not.

What I'm wondering is whether or not the Syro-Israeli conflict was broken in the days of Ahab and Jezebel with the Gilead territory in dispute.

I wonder when Laban said not to take other wives than her daughters, is he talking about that generation or from generation to generation, since Ahab broke that by taking Jezebel.

Jephthah was also afraid enough to fulfill his vow. His city is named Mizpeh referring to the watchtower and beacon that God is.

Another thing is in 1Kings 21 God cursed Ahab for killing Naboth. Ahab repented, God delayed the curse one generation but it seems that when Ahab coveted Ramoth-Gilead God changed his mind and fulfilled his curse since the dogs licked Ahab's blood after he died.

Those diplomatic prophets told Ahab what he wanted to hear. Jehoshaphat was righteous to seek God's advice. God was just to send a lying spirit to fulfill the curse pronounced for Ahab's covetousness.

This reveals that the false teachers today are affected by this lying spirit to bring the end to our nations and our world.

1 Kings 19
    15And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:

16And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room.

17And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.
    As I'm reading it seems to be fulfilling as written:
    2 Kings 9
    15But king Joram was returned to be healed in Jezreel of the wounds which the Syrians had given him, when he fought with Hazael king of Syria.) And Jehu said, If it be your minds, then let none go forth nor escape out of the city to go to tell it in Jezreel.
    Joram escapes from Hazael and Jehu is anointed King and pursues to slay him.

Be sure to check this thread as well on Spoke 11:
    http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26187

I found another link on this subject:
    Ezekiel 11:5 And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind, [every one of] them.
    So Judges 11, 1 Samuel 11 and Ezekiel 11 mention the Spirit of The Lord or God. Revelation 11 mentions the Spirit of life and resurrection. Then I am reminded of Lazarus' resurrection in John 11. I think 1 Kings had the first resurrection by Elijah.

Also check Acts 10 and 11.

Take a look at these:
    Numbers 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that [was] upon him, and gave [it] unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, [that], when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

Judges 11:29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over [unto] the children of Ammon.

Ezekiel 11:5 And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind, [every one of] them.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
    (Although it was first mentioned in Acts 10:44. So Acts 11:15 is a repetition.)

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
    Notice that Numbers 11 is closely related to Revelation 11 concerning the 2 witnesses, prophesying in the camp...

Also Genesis 11 is closely related to Numbers 11 as God comes down and his spirit leaves an impact on the people.

Genesis 11:5And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
    Numbers 11:25And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
    The word people is mentioned numerously in both passages.

Then Numbers 11 is linked with Revelation 11:
    Numbers 11:27And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.
    Revelation 11:3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
    Prophesying... that's interesting. The New Testament names Moses as a mediator reflecting Jesus Christ the true mediator. But the burden was too much on him and Moses wished that there were more like him to relieve him from some responsibility.
    Last edited by gilgal; 12-17-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Spoke 11: The Spirit rested upon him

It is amazing. There are so many passages with this theme! It's huge. I've added some more:
    Numbers 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that [was] upon him, and gave [it] unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, [that], when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

Judges 11:29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over [unto] the children of Ammon.

1 Samuel 11:6 And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.

Isaiah 11:1-2 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: and the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Micah 3:8 (Spoke 11) But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
    The Spirit came upon the Church in Pentecost. Acts resides on Diameter 11 of the Bible Wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It is amazing. There are so many passages with this theme! It's huge. I've added some more:

1 Samuel 11:6 And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.

Isaiah 11:1-2 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: and the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Micah 3:8 (Spoke 11) But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

The Spirit came upon the Church in Pentecost. Acts resides on Diameter 11 of the Bible Wheel.
    I was dying to see what your comments are on this and I finally did! Where were you all this time!?! Concerning Samson it was said that the Spirit of God came mightily upon him in Judges 15. Is Samson the 11th Judge or what? Because otherwise that one doesn't fall on a spoke 11 in any other way.

Also Micah 3:8 and Isaiah 11:1-2 seem closely related.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I was dying to see what your comments are on this and I finally did! Where were you all this time!?! Concerning Samson it was said that the Spirit of God came mightily upon him in Judges 15. Is Samson the 11th Judge or what? Because otherwise that one doesn't fall on a spoke 11 in any other way.

Also Micah 3:8 and Isaiah 11:1-2 seem closely related.
    I finally commented on this...

Yes, there are different passages that refer to the coming of the Spirit upon people that not always relate to the Number 11. I don't see how Samson would be associated with it. Since the judges are usually counted as 12 and he was the last mentioned, he is most often numbered as the twelveth judge.

Micah and Isaiah 11 are truly related. See, Isaiah 11 performs the function of Book 11 in the Isaiah-Bible Correlation. So we have Isaiah 11, Book 33 and finally Book 55 related by this "spirit of" theme. See the article The Power of His Spirit . There is even an Alphabetic KeyLink associated.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I finally commented on this... :)

Yes, there are different passages that refer to the coming of the Spirit upon people that not always relate to the Number 11. I don't see how Samson would be associated with it. Since the judges are usually counted as 12 and he was the last mentioned, he is most often numbered as the twelveth judge.

Micah and Isaiah 11 are truly related. See, Isaiah 11 performs the function of Book 11 in the Isaiah-Bible Correlation. So we have Isaiah 11, Book 33 and finally Book 55 related by this "spirit of" theme. See the article The Power of His Spirit . There is even an Alphabetic KeyLink associated.
    I thought Samson was the 13th Judge:
    http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1999

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I thought Samson was the 13th Judge:
    http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1999
    It depends on how you count the judges. Most scholars count 12 because this is the number of tribes of Israel. But I think it can increase if you count both Deborah and Barak as two judges instead of just either one of them.

Thread Information