Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menorah

Menorah

I had a dream of a 7 branch menorah that had a red rosebud in its heart and each branch was letters of the Hebrew. I have never seen such a piece of art, but it was most beautiful in the dream.
    I do not know enough about the symbolic meaning of the letters to try to connect them to the symbolic meanings of the branches, nor do I understand the meaning of the rose.
    Can anyone help here?
    Last edited by HaShaliach; 12-14-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaShaliach View Post
    I had a dream of a 7 branch menorah that had a red rosebud in its heart and each branch was letters of the Hebrew. I have never seen such a piece of art, but it was most beautiful in the dream.
    I do not know enough about the symbolic meaning of the letters to try to connect them to the symbolic meanings of the branches, nor do I understand the meaning of the rose.
    Can anyone help here?
    Hi HaShaliach,

Welcome to our forum!

There is a strong connection between the Menorah and the Hebrew alphabet. Rabbinic tradition notes that the Menorah has 22 bowls, and these correspond to the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. I talk about this in my article The Bible as Menorah. Here is the basic idea (taken from What is the Bible Wheel?). The Bible Wheel displays the natural correlation of the 22 letters with the 66 books:

The Bible naturally divides into seven divisions, and when we display these divisions on the Wheel, we see that they are symmetrical:

The seven divisions are paired just like the branches of the Menorah:

The Hebrew letters on the central column represent the number of books in the paired sections (Hey = 5, Lamed = 12, and Tav = 22) :

And the Seven Days of Creation follow the same pattern:

Here is an image that shows the connection between the Bible Wheel and the Menorah:

We also have found Menorah structures in other parts of Scripture. For example: Psalm 37 is a Triple Alphabetic Menorah!

I'll write more as time permits,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Here is one possible correlation of the alphabet with the Menorah:

I think the basic pattern is correct, since it matches the fact that three bowls (letters) are on each side branch, and the central branch has four. But I'm not so sure about the way the letters are laid out. I think it would be better if the letters Aleph Tav Kaph Lamed were on the central branch. I wrote about this in this post:

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by HaShaliach View Post
    Can anyone help here?
    Hi HaShaliach

Maybe your dream was given to open your eyes to the Menorah structure of the Bible by integrating it with the Hebrew letters, causing you to search for meaning....which you have!

As far as the rose in the center, the only thing that comes to mind is its symbolic reference to Jesus as the "Rose of Sharon" being the central pillar of the Menorah.

S.S. 2:1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

God Bless

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Thread Information