Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Number 144

The Number 144

Hi all!

I'm Barbara and this is my first post!

I am very curious about the number 144 and couldn't find much. I'm hoping you can help me here.

I know about the 144,000
    I know that God created everything in 6 days or 144 hours
    I know there are 1440 minutes to every day

So I'm wondering what this means and how God uses this - it seems there's much more to this than meets the eye!

Thank you - I'm very glad to be here!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImBarbara View Post
    Hi all!

I'm Barbara and this is my first post!

I am very curious about the number 144 and couldn't find much. I'm hoping you can help me here.

I know about the 144,000
    I know that God created everything in 6 days or 144 hours
    I know there are 1440 minutes to every day

So I'm wondering what this means and how God uses this - it seems there's much more to this than meets the eye!

Thank you - I'm very glad to be here!!
    Hi Barbara,

Welcome to our forum!

The meaning of the number 144 is based on the meaning of the number 12 because it is 12 x 12 and God used it this way when He sealed the 144,000 in Revelation 7. The number 12 is itself a symbol of the "people of God" which was first established in the 12 tribes of Israel and then confirmed in the 12 apostles and both are united in the symbol of the New Jerusalem:
    Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 ¶ And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
    Look at all those twelves!
    • 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes
    • 12 foundations with the names of the 12 apostles
    • 12 thousand furlongs per side
    • 12 x 12 = 144 cubits for the wall
    The numerical symbolism indicates that the Holy Jerusalem represents the people of God. This is confirmed by Christ:
    Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
    Obviously, the temple and the city are not literal, since we are made to be "pillars" in the temple. This is confirmed again by Paul:
    2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    This is exactly what is said concerning the New Jerusalem:
    Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    And there is another level of insight to be found by examining gematria, the numerical values of the Greek and Hebrew words of Scripture. In Greek, the phrase "the elect" sums to exactly 144!
    The Elect ( η εκλογη , he ekloge) = 8 + 5 + 20 + 30 + 70 + 3 + 8 = 144
    Isn't that amazing? The pattern relating the People of God to the Number 12 was first established in the Hebrew Old Testament, and here we see that it coheres with the alphanumeric structure of the Greek New Testament!

These are the ideas off the top of my head. I wrote more about the meaning of the Number 12 in the articles for Spoke 12 of the Bible Wheel. The most pertinent is probable this one called Twelve and Scripture.

Many blessings in Christ,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thank you so much Richard!! There's so much information you gave me that's incredible...I have alot of study.
    Amazingly, my husband and I were discussing the elect only 2 days before I came to BibleWheel, without even an inkling of the gematria of the word...that was the LORD speaking through you. We both thank you for all this information and you've opened the doors to us for alot more study!!!

So, can I ask your opinion on the 144 hours in the 6 days of creation; and the 1440 minutes in a day? Do you think the 12 x 12 was imbedded in the very foundation and order of the earth?

We've been studying all of the sevens in Revelation - we now want to study all of the 12's now that you've given us more of an understanding!!

Thank you again, so very much!

Quote Originally Posted by ImBarbara View Post

Thank you so much Richard!! There's so much information you gave me that's incredible...I have alot of study.
    Amazingly, my husband and I were discussing the elect only 2 days before I came to BibleWheel, without even an inkling of the gematria of the word...that was the LORD speaking through you. We both thank you for all this information and you've opened the doors to us for alot more study!!!

So, can I ask your opinion on the 144 hours in the 6 days of creation; and the 1440 minutes in a day? Do you think the 12 x 12 was imbedded in the very foundation and order of the earth?

We've been studying all of the sevens in Revelation - we now want to study all of the 12's now that you've given us more of an understanding!!

Thank you again, so very much!
    Hi Barbara,

I am always thrilled with there are "coincidences" like that. They happen with me and my friends all the time. I think it's an example of the "communion of the saints." We share the mind of Christ, and He leads us without our knowing ... until it all becomes so obvious!

I have never thought about 6 x 24 = 144. I know that the Bible speaks of 12 hours in a day ... I would guess that is really the "light" part of the day, so they probably had 24 hours total. That's something I would need to research. But I am quite sure that the number 12 is profoundly wrapped up with time - 12 months, 12 or 24 hours in a day, etc.

I'll need to think about 12 x 12 as "embedded" in the foundation of the earth. That's another new idea. And that's what I love about conversations like this. They "cross-pollinate" our understandings. No one mind can take it all in.

Many blessings,

Richard

PS: 12 x 12 x 12 (a cube) should also be considered because that is the dimensions of the New Jerusalem which follows the pattern of the cubic holy of holies in 1 Kings 6:20 which was 20 x 20 x 20 cubits.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Israel was in bondage in Egypt for 400 years. 1 biblical year = 360 days; 400years * 360days/year = 144,000 days

Cool

WOW!!

Thank you derekkye - that is so cool
    So now I'm even more interested!!!!

PS - So I'm looking at your post derekkye, and I'm noticing (someone tell me if this is going a little too far) that

360 or 3+6+0 = 9

and

144 or 1+4+4 = 9

I've been told the sages would "sift" the numbers down to 1 figure and would gleen more info. Is this telling us something or is this 'pushing things'?
    Last edited by ImBarbara; 12-01-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: to add a thought

I have recently been looking up on the number 144, as one of the worlds greatest minds has unlocked the key to everything (unified field theory/actuallity). He incorporates the spiritual, religion, all science, ancient civilizations, time, basically everthing into his work and the number 144 is one of the dots that make the bigger picture. I hope that you will all watch his lecture as it is very enlightening and i don't think his work will ever make the main stream (for obviouse political reasons), so the only way of spreading this info is by word and mouth. His name is Nassim Haramein and here is the link to part 1 of 2 of his lecture:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7r1d...eature=related
    It is very long but not long enough for the amount of knowledge he has.
    Peace and Love -- Smithy

Quote Originally Posted by freesmithy View Post
    I have recently been looking up on the number 144, as one of the worlds greatest minds has unlocked the key to everything (unified field theory/actuallity). He incorporates the spiritual, religion, all science, ancient civilizations, time, basically everthing into his work and the number 144 is one of the dots that make the bigger picture. I hope that you will all watch his lecture as it is very enlightening and i don't think his work will ever make the main stream (for obviouse political reasons), so the only way of spreading this info is by word and mouth. His name is Nassim Haramein and here is the link to part 1 of 2 of his lecture:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7r1d...eature=related
    It is very long but not long enough for the amount of knowledge he has.
    Peace and Love -- Smithy
    Hi Smithy,

Welcome to our forum!

I am watching the video. I have degrees in Mathematics and Physics, so I find this kind of thing very interesting. Thanks for the link. But I'm disappointed with his introductory remarks about dimensionality because it seems he has a fundamental misunderstanding. He complains that his elementary school teacher taught that the first few dimensions represented by a point, line, and plane, are not "real" and that the first "real" dimension is 3D. He said this doesn't make sense because a 3D cube is "composed of" six 2D planes, so if the planes are not "real" then neither can the cube be real. His error reveals his gross ignorance. When a teacher says that a 2D plane is not "real" they mean that there are no such objects that exist because all real objects have a "thickness" as well as a width and height. The 2D plane is an abstraction. This is why it doesn't exist, and the idea that a real 3D cube is made of only six 2D planes is absurd. It is true that an abstract 3D cube is bounded by six 2D planes, but a real cube would be made of real matter, not abstract 2D planes with no thickness.

So I concluded he was probably a quack. And my conclusion was quickly confirmed when he went on to talk about discovering "all dimensions" within the zero-dimensional point by "dividing" the point and finding "smaller points within the point." His words are ignorant and logically incoherent. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

And now he's talking about "creating infinity" from "finite boundarys" and he draws a triangle inside a circle. Then he says that the universe has "polarity" and that polarity is caused by "spin" and "angular momentum" and uses this to justify inverting the triangle to create a star of David. He then transforms them into a fractal and claims that this shows how you can created "infinite numbers" within a finite boundary. That's true as far as it goes, but his whole presentation of incoherent blah, blah, blah ... and now he's trying to connect it to the "Ancient Masters" who walked the earth long ago .... blah blah blah ....

What made you think he was legitimate?

All the best,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Any thoughts on 144, Venus and 2 angles of the Golden Triangle

Was just looking at some information on the Venus event that is supposed to take place on Nov. 1st and was looking at the angles of the Golden triangle 72:72:36 and thinking from earths perspective the angle is 72 then 72 since we are the 36 and adding those two angels up you get 144 and I remember reading the 144 cubits and 144,000 numbers in the bible and wondered if there was a possible connection...thoughts???

Here is the link I was looking at in thinking about this: http://www.idialstars.com/october2013.htm
    Last edited by dgow; 10-30-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Adding a link

Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb 144 is 72 x 2

1.) 6 days of creation = 144 hours
    2.) Minutes in the day = 1440
    3.) 12 x 12 = 144
    4.) 360 x 4 = 1440
    5.) 360 or (3 + 6 + 0) = 9 and 144 or (1 + 4 + 4) = 9
    6.) The word "Light" in Gematria = 144
    7.) The rosicrucians think that there exists in the Universe 144 different atoms, though science has not yet discovered them.
    8.) 144 is a Fibonacci sequence number in position #12
    9.) Revelation 14:1 = "Then I looked and saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion,
    and with Him one hundred forty-four thousand who had His name and His Father?s name written on their foreheads."
    10.) 72 x 2 = 144
    11.) 72 degrees is considered room temperature.
    12.) The precession of the equinoxis move 1 degree every 72 years.
    13.) There were 72 languages at the Tower of Babylon.
    14.) According to Kaballah there are 72 names of God.
    15.) 72 virgins each Muslim martyr will receive as companions in Paradise.
    16.) 72 degrees in each step of Jacob's Ladder.
    17.) In Islam, 72 is the number of sects or denominations that are doomed to Hell, according to Hadith.
    18.) 720p is an HD aspect Ratio. As is 1440.
    19.) The number 72 is used 4 times in the Bible.
    20.) The number 144,000 is used once in the Bible.
    21.) 6 + 6 x 6 = 72
    22.) 72 is the average number of heart beats per minute for a resting adult.
    23.) Percentage of water of which the human body is composed is 72%.
    24.) The life duration of the ovule is 72 hours.
    25.) The number of hours it took for Christ to defeat death is 72.
    26.) Seventy-two is the sum of four consecutive primes (13 + 17 + 19 + 23).
    27.) 360 degrees divided by 5 human senses = 72 (Touch, Sight, Taste, Smell, Sound).

Thread Information