Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Richard, do you see any future merrit for the extension of the spokes to seperate, Rev. from Romans, Ephes. from Phili. and 2Peter from 1John. I vaguely recall there was a reference to this but forget where and what your answer was.
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mick View Post
    Richard, do you see any future merrit for the extension of the spokes to seperate, Rev. from Romans, Ephes. from Phili. and 2Peter from 1John. I vaguely recall there was a reference to this but forget where and what your answer was.
    Mick
    Yes, the pattern extends to Cycle 3 (in a less obvious way). I talk about this a little bit in Part I, Chapter 6 of the Bible Wheel book (source). There is a coherent structure of the first two Cycles.

Spokes 1-5: Torah & Major Prophets
    Spokes 6-17: 12 OT History & 12 Minor Prophets
    Spokes 18-22: Wisdom & 5 NT History Books

Furthermore, the divisions containing 12 books subdivide in accordance with the Babylonian Exile:

Spokes 6-14: 9 Pre-exilic History & Minor Prophets
    Spokes 15-17: 3 Post-exilic History & Minor Prophets

Here is how these patterns look on the Wheel:

Note that I extended the line between Spokes 14 and 15 into the 3rd Cycle. This marks out the first 14 Epistles which is the entire corpus of Pauline Epistles (assuming, along with tradition, that Hebrews is Pauline). And it marks out the three "Epistles to the Scattered" (James & 1,2 Peter). The Epistles to the Scattered align with the Post-exilic books on the first two Cycles.

If find it extremely interesting that the Number 14 plays a central role in this structure:

Cycle 1: 14 History books preceding the Babylonian Exile
    Cycle 2: 14 Prophetic books preceding the Babylonian Exile
    Cycle 3: 14 Epistles of Paul

A similar pattern is found in the text of Scripture, in the genealogy of Jesus Christ which also is divided by the Babylonian Exile:

So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and
    from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and
    from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

This is an example of the amazing self-reflection of the content of Scripture in its form.

Keep the questions coming! I love answering them.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mick View Post
    Richard,
    I noticed how you displayed the 22 chapters of Revelation on a 5th inner circle. Are you planning on making that the prefered model in the future? If not, why?
    Mick
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I included the 22 chapters of Revelation for meditation upon that pattern. But there are many other patterns too, so I can not include them all.
    The 22 chapters of Revelation are in fact displayed as a fifth cycle in one of the pictures on the main site. But though this idea is somewhat interesting, it can make matters worse for someone who is trying to understand the basics of the Bible Wheel concept. Revelation is an Inner Wheel, so this "5th inner circle" is actually "inside" Cell 66 of the Bible Wheel.

But it is actually very beautiful to note that Revelation has exactly 22 Chapters, coinciding with the number of letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. So the Final Book is the Alphabetic Capstone of Scripture, which itself is the alphabetically-structured Work of God!
    Last edited by Victor; 03-03-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Thread Information