Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Daniel 4:20
    The tree that thou sawest, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached unto the heaven, and the sight thereof to all the earth;
    Nebuchadnezzar's dream had a lot in common with the Tower of Babel:

Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Nebuchadnezzar's dream had a lot in common with the Tower of Babel:

Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
    1 Kings 22
    17And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

Note: The 11th book 1Kings starts with the building of the Temple and the attention it got from the surrounding nations and ends with the scattering of Israel, similar to Genesis 11.
    Last edited by gilgal; 06-16-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    1 Kings 22
    17And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

Note: The 11th book 1Kings starts with the building of the Temple and the attention it got from the surrounding nations and ends with the scattering of Israel, similar to Genesis 11.
    Yes, that the link to "scattering" and the tower/temple is interesting. My wife noted the other day that the split in the Kingdom happened in 1 Kings 11:11, so it was indexed as 11:11:11. This is interesting because 11 is exactly half of 22, and the Number 22 defines the structure of the whole Bible.

Getting back to the game ... your verse links to a verse that shows all of us who have been scattered by the ravages of sin the way back to God:

Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
    1 Peter 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    1 Peter 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Proverbs 4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Proverbs 4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
    Esther 2:17 The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Esther 2:17 The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.
    Job 31:36 Surely I would carry it on my shoulder; I would bind it to myself like a crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Job 31:36 Surely I would carry it on my shoulder; I would bind it to myself like a crown.
    Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.
    Matthew 8:11 And I say to you that many shall come from east and west, and and recline at the table with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven

Thread Information