Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

The Verse Chain Game

The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

The next person then picks a verse that has a word or phrase in common with the first verse. I will start by playing the first three rounds.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I chose that verse because it is the first verse of the Bible, and if you believe it, you have the key to the proper understanding of all creation. I also picked it because I like where it leads in the game of Verse Chains:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This verse actually has two links - the phrase "In the beginning" and the word "God". This an example of the more advanced version of Verse Chains that requires two, three, or four common words. If you play that game, you should note it in the title like this "Verse Chain with 2 words" or 3, or 4, as you like. I will end my turn with one of my favorite verses (I'm a "Word of God" kinda guy):

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

RAM

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

RAM
    Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
    Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
    Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of rigthteousness.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness.
    Psalm 111:8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

What stand forever? What are done in truth? The Works of God's Hands! (previous verse, 111:7)

Psalm 111:8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

What stand forever? What are done in truth? The Works of God's Hands! (previous verse, 111:7)
    Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness; O Most Upright, You weigh the path of the just.

Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness; O Most Upright, You weigh the path of the just.
    Most Upright! Now there is a wonderful title of God.

Job 1:1 ¶ There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Most Upright! Now there is a wonderful title of God.

Job 1:1 ¶ There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
    Job being a perfect and upright man makes me think of Noah.

Gen. 6:9 ......Noah was a just man,perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Job being a perfect and upright man makes me think of Noah.

Gen. 6:9 ......Noah was a just man,perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.
    Well ... so you want perfection, do you? Here it is:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Talking More Perfection to ponder

The contrast of our position and the perfection of our Savior is a treat to ponder. And the Bible helps do that. This verse catches my mind tonight:

The law appointed high priests who were limited by human weakness. But after the law was given, God appointed his Son with an oath, and his Son has been made the perfect High Priest forever. -NLT Hebrews 7:28

Why? Because the verse this comes from in Hebrews chapter 7 here is a perfect number...
    28 = the sum of it's factors = 1 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 14

Thread Information