Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Water like Time? Dumb it down for me, Sylvie, 'cause the Bible Water seems to be a metaphor for life and for the WORDS of Scripture.

Eph5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Rev22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Acts2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Jer2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
    Maybe you need the Holy Ghost to see it.

Mark 1:8, "I have immersed you in water; he will immerse you in the holy Spirit.

That's a good one too, Sylvie, but how do you relate it to "Time" ?

Mark 1:8 "I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost".

Must confess to being baptized w HG (and Fire), but seems to me that SAND more apropos to Time, than water. Have you built your house on Sand?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

That's a good one too, Sylvie, but how do you relate it to "Time" ?

Mark 1:8 "I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost".

Must confess to being baptized w HG (and Fire), but seems to me that SAND more apropos to Time, than water. Have you built your house on Sand?
    That it isn't "baptize with water" but "baptize (=immerse) in water" might be clear from Mark 1:10 ,
    On coming up out of the water he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit, like a dove, descending upon him.*

And there you have the spirit, like a dove = Jonah = the dove Noach sent away from the window in the top of the ark.

Genesis 5:29,
    And he named him Noah, saying, "This one will give us rest from our work and from the toil of our hands from the ground, which the Lord has cursed.

Rashi:
    This one will give us rest: Heb. יְנַחֲמֵנוּ. He will give us rest (יָנַח מִמֶּנּוּ) from the toil of our hands. Before Noah came, they did not have plowshares, and he prepared [these tools] for them. And the land was producing thorns and thistles when they sowed wheat, because of the curse of the first man (Adam), but in Noah’s time, it [the curse] subsided. This is the meaning of יְנַחֲמֵנוּ. If you do not explain it that way, however (but from the root (נחם), the sense of the word does not fit the name, [נֹחַ], and you would have to name him Menachem. — [See Gen. Rabbah 25:2] [i.e., If we explain the word according to its apparent meaning, “this one will console us,” the child should have been called Menachem, the consoler.]

How could he be consoler if all of mankind was destined to perish, except for him and his wife and his three sons and their wives?

Also from this might be clear that you have to read the story of the flood with other eyes than with historic eyes.

"the ground which the Lord has cursed" -- because of Adam's sin.

The cursed ground brought forth "ets oseh pri", instead of "ets pri oseh pri" - see: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...-makes-a-fruit

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    That it isn't "baptize with water" but "baptize (=immerse) in water" might be clear from Mark 1:10 ,
    And there you have the spirit, like a dove = Jonah = the dove Noach sent away from the window in the top of the ark.

No problem with Baptize/Immerse/Put Into, or with the Raven replaced by the Dove, but didn't you declare something about TIME ? Are you now avoiding the subject?
    Rashi:
    How could he be consoler if all of mankind was destined to perish, except for him and his wife and his three sons and their wives?
    Also from this might be clear that you have to read the story of the flood with other eyes than with historic eyes.
    Agree that Noah Generation foreshadowed the USA "Promised Land" Nation "Under God" and the Far Country too!
    Noah's Generation (before his sons were born) the longest in the Bible, and a type of the NOW Generation when wickedness has taken over in this Nation.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

By the way, the root of the name John (= Jehochanan or Jochanan) is "chen", the favor Noach did find in the eyes of the Lord.

No problem with Baptize/Immerse/Put Into, or with the Raven replaced by the Dove, but didn't you declare something about TIME ? Are you now avoiding the subject?
    It is about time and eternity, something most people don't get, since they think (have been made believe) that eternity is endless time.

The kingdom of God (or kingdom of Heaven) is eternal.

Matthew 11:11, Amen, I say to you, among those born of women there has been none greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

That water is symbol of time might be clear from Genesis 2:6,
    without "ed", water vapor, nothing could grow -- growth being a process in time.

'Born of Woman' is the first birth, like "all the firstborn die!", so the born-again precept is crucial for the 'eternal life'. Millions are willfully and woefully ignorant of this Truth, even when they've been regularly attending church services or reading Religious tracts.

Babies need milk to grow, just as Christians need the milk of the Word to begin with, and our LIFE has stages of Time: infant, youth, adult -- then, after senility, it's "absent from our body and present with our Lord", and "eye has not seen nor ear heard.. the things which God has prepared for them who love Him".

Does this fit with your TIME concepts, Sylvie?

'Born of Woman' is the first birth, like "all the firstborn die!", so the born-again precept is crucial for the 'eternal life'. Millions are willfully and woefully ignorant of this Truth, even when they've been regularly attending church services or reading Religious tracts.

Babies need milk to grow, just as Christians need the milk of the Word to begin with, and our LIFE has stages of Time: infant, youth, adult -- then, after senility, it's "absent from our body and present with our Lord", and "eye has not seen nor ear heard.. the things which God has prepared for them who love Him".

Does this fit with your TIME concepts, Sylvie?

It is "born from above", by Nicodemus misinterpreted as "born again":

http://usccb.org/bible/john/3

* [3:3] Born: see note on Jn 1:13. From above: the Greek adverb anōthen means both “from above” and “again.” Jesus means “from above” (see Jn 3:31) but Nicodemus misunderstands it as “again.” This misunderstanding serves as a springboard for further instruction.

No problem. Born from Above (spiritually) is the 2nd Birth, also the New Birth for New Creatures, meaning that
    they change their life-style; no longer following after carnal and wicked impulses, but instead thankful for their admitted sins being forgiven.
    Course, if that's not you, just know you've been put on notice. Amen?

No problem. Born from Above (spiritually) is the 2nd Birth, also the New Birth for New Creatures, meaning that
    they change their life-style; no longer following after carnal and wicked impulses, but instead thankful for their admitted sins being forgiven.
    Course, if that's not you, just know you've been put on notice. Amen?
    Was Jesus' first birth a second birth, or did he at some point change his life-style?

Thread Information