Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

A Symmetrical Pattern in Jewish History

Here I wish to outline a rather odd pattern that has emerged, or rather has become apparent. All dates are based on the Ussher chronology.

The first inkling of a pattern was suggested by the parallel between the gentile captivity, that began with the Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem, and the Egyptian captivity. What is so curious is that both captivities are said to have lasted 430 years. Hmmmm, such a curious repetition of history seems to indicate that God had set the duration for both events - deliberately - for some purpose. The prophet Ezekiel divided the period gentile captivity into two periods, vis 40 + 390 years.

Now, the opposite of captivity is kingdom, and what is truely remarkable is that the Kingdom of Israel (the time during which Israel had a king) was 40 + 40 + 40 + 390 years.
    Infact, the period of Israels monarchy divides neatly into two sub periods - the period of united kingdom, and the period of divided kingdom. It so happens that the divided kingdom lasted 390 years, and the united kingdom lasted 120 years under three successive monarchs - each reigning 40 years!!

Consider this for a moment - the Kingdoms of the Gentiles lasted 390 + 40 years according to Ezekiel.
    The Kingdom of Israel lasted 390 + 40 + 40 + 40 yrs.

It seems almost certain that these two durations were meant to parallel one another. Part of the meaning of this is that God gave equal time to Jew and Gentile. Fairness prevailed. But there is undoutedly a deeper meaning.

430 yrs - Egyptian Captivity
    395 yrs - Wilderness and Judges
    40 yrs - Saul
    40 yrs - David
    40 yrs - Solomon
    390 yrs - Divided Kingdom
    430 yrs - Gentile Captivity

The whole pattern centers on two numbers 40 + 390

• The Bible tells us that the Egyptian Captivity lasted 430 years.
    • Ezekiel foretold that the Times of the Gentiles would be a time of captivity that would also last 430 years. He divided this period into two parts, 390 + 40 years.
    • It therefore comes as quite a surprise to discover that the period of Israelite Monarchy prior to the Gentile Captivity divides naturally into 40 + 40 + 40 + 390 years. During the reigns of Saul (40 yrs), David (40 yrs) and Solomon (40 yrs) the Kingdom of Israel was united. However, after Solomon the Kingdom of Israel became divided into a Northern Kingdom (consisting of 10 tribes), and a Southern Kingdom (consisting of 2 tribes – Benjamin and Judah). The divided kingdom lasted 390 years – from it’s beginning down to it’s last monarch.
    • To complete this pattern, we find that the period of the Judges (including the wandering in the Wilderness) comes to 395 years – an approximation to 390.

A basic pattern can be seen. The Egyptian Captivity lasted 430 years. This was followed by the period of the Judges lasting 395 years. However, Samuel was the last judge of Israel, during which time Saul was king, so the period of the judges comes to 395 + 40 years.

Then there is the reign of King David lasting 40 years.

After the reign of King David, Solomon became King and reigned 40 years. It was during Solomon's reign that Israel began to practice idolatry. Consequently the kingdom became divided, and remained so for 390 years, until the Gentile Captivity.

Finally, the gentile captivity itself, would last 430 years, according to Ezekiel.

Oddly enough, the end of the 430 years coincides with the victory of the Maccabees over the Greeks in 165 B.C resulting in Jewish independence for the first time in 430 years ! This independence was to last just over 100 years until the Romans came to occupy Judea.

Numerical Observations

• The pattern is symmetrical
    • The pattern is built around 430. And 43 is the main factor in Elohim (2 x 43)
    • The period of united Kingdom = 430 – 310. And 31 is the main factor in God (31)
    • The twelve tribes were united for 120 years. And 12 relates to the twelve tribes.
    • The centre of the pattern is the reign of King David.

We have seen how Israel occilated between Captivity and Kingdom. During captivity they were subject to others, whilst during periods of kingdom they sought to subjugate others. Perhaps both the supremacy of kingdom and the humiliation of slavery are equally wrong. Jesus came with a third alternative that might allow us to escape from this occilation - a spiritual kingdom based on true inner freedom. Perhaps the only way to escape the violent occilation between supremacy and slavery is to choose the spiritual kingdom?
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 07-16-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    Here I wish to outline a rather odd pattern that has emerged, or rather has become apparent. All dates are based on the Ussher chronology.

430 yrs - Egyptian Captivity
    395 yrs - Wilderness and Judges
    40 yrs - Saul
    40 yrs - David
    40 yrs - Solomon
    390 yrs - Divided Kingdom
    430 yrs - Gentile Captivity

The whole pattern centers on two numbers 40 + 390
    • The Bible tells us that the Egyptian Captivity lasted 430 years.
    • Ezekiel foretold that the Times of the Gentiles would be a time of captivity that would also last 430 years. He divided this period into two parts, 390 + 40 years.
    • It therefore comes as quite a surprise to discover that the period of Israelite Monarchy prior to the Gentile Captivity divides naturally into 40 + 40 + 40 + 390 years. During the reigns of Saul (40 yrs), David (40 yrs) and Solomon (40 yrs) the Kingdom of Israel was united. However, after Solomon the Kingdom of Israel became divided into a Northern Kingdom (consisting of 10 tribes), and a Southern Kingdom (consisting of 2 tribes – Benjamin and Judah). The divided kingdom lasted 390 years – from it’s beginning down to it’s last monarch.
    • To complete this pattern, we find that the period of the Judges (including the wandering in the Wilderness) comes to 395 years – an approximation to 390.

Numerical Observations
    • The pattern is symmetrical
    • The pattern is built around 430. And 43 is the main factor in Elohim (2 x 43)
    • The period of united Kingdom = 430 – 310. And 31 is the main factor in God (31)
    • The twelve tribes were united for 120 years. And 12 relates to the twelve tribes.
    • The centre of the pattern is the reign of King David.
    This is very good Craig! And very simple. It is hard to date the period of the judges and of the divided kingdom, but the approximation suffices for the purposes of identification of the pattern, and even this difficulty is reflected in that it appears in the same pair of periods.

The pattern reiterates the 3 pairs + 1 central unpaired element structure that we find so often in Scripture, like in the design of the Menorah, the Seven Days of Creation, the gates in Temple of Ezekiel and the Seven Canonical Divisions of the Bible.

This 3 + 1 structure reflects the organization of the Gospels (Synoptics + John) and this fourfoldness is delineated in Scripture in Ezekiel on Spoke 4 of the Bible Wheel, when he recieves the prophecy concerning the 390 + 40 years.

David the King appropriately stands in the center.

There's a lot more that could be said. But I don't understand your use of gematria in this context, specifically the connection to Elohim/El (2*43, 31). I don't see any natural link to the name of God here.

The pattern is symmetrical
    hello craig,
    you many find this interesting...

god vs. man?
    symmetry vs. asymmetry

ancient religious scripture vs. NOBEL prize in 2008 for asymmetry?
    http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/200...ght-hand-path/

Is symmetry vs. asymmetry a key to helping unlock the mysteries?

YES
    IMHO

namaste

Thankyou for the link

Thankyou for the link Raphael,

Nature is full of symmetry. So it is interesting that the history of Israel seems approximately symmetrical in it's outline.

The Israelites endured the captivity in Egypt for 430 years until the Exodus, and then we are told in Ezekiel that the gentile captivity was also to last 430 years. Here is an instance of symmetry.

That the reign of Israels divided kingdom should have endured for 390 years prior to the gentile captivity also arouses surprise and interest, since Ezekiel had divided the gentile captivity into two periods of 390 years and 40 years respectively. This coincidence is confirmed when we learn Solomon, David and Saul each reigned 40 years prior to the 390 years.

Here we see a symmetrical balance between Israel's kingdom and the gentile kindgoms. Such symmetry is a symbol for balance and fairness - impartiality - the cornerstone of justice.

Of course the symmetry does not end here.

Further symmetries are apparent. I would like to refer you to my book - "The Sign of the Son of Man" where I outline the most beautiful and remarkable symmetries. You can find it here. http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/craig.htm

Over the last 27 years that I have studied these matters, my enthusiasm is hardly diminished, and my respect for the Scriptures has been constantly nourished by these extraordinary patterns.

God speaks through numbers, and I dare to suggest that these patterns are not the invention of human minds but evidence of God's hand in the shaping of human history.

I hope you can let others know about these things, since the world needs to know, and it is certain that many people are unaware.

Regards

Craig

Thankyou for the link Raphael,

Nature is full of symmetry. So it is interesting that the history of Israel seems approximately symmetrical in it's outline.
    Actually nature is full of asymmetry.
    I googled nature's golden spiral...
    8 million returns here is the page:
    http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...pell=1&start=0

The images that appear are those of the phi / fibonacci golden spiral.
    The significance of phi is considered by many to be greater than that of pi and the famous Greek philosopher Plato, thought it to be "the key to the physics of the cosmos"
    Asymmetry seems to be the default mechanism on the prison planet due to beta decay or PT symmetry violation.

As I mentioned in 2008 Nobel finally got around to awarding a prize to three physicists for proving matter and anti-matter are asymmetric.

So it is interesting that the history of Israel seems approximately symmetrical in it's outline.
    The history seems symmetrical because we equate divinity with symmetry.
    The human body is not symmetrical, the earth is not symmetrical, the asymmetrical heliosphere suggests our solar system is NOT symmetrical.

Framing the narrative as a symmetry if you are discussing GOD, or a universal balance makes sense.
    BUT the FACT is ... on the prison planet ... ASYMMETRY rules the domain down here.
    And asymmetry can be defined as a breakdown of symmetry.

My theory is the fall of man, his fall from grace, is just that.
    ASYMMETRY is the scientific equivalent of the fall of man.
    The beginning of the end.
    Being ejected from the perfect world, the garden of eden.

I hope you can let others know about these things, since the world needs to know, and it is certain that many people are unaware.

Regards

Craig
    Craig are you sure we are on the same page?

namaste
    Last edited by Raphael; 10-03-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Actually nature is full of asymmetry.
    I googled nature's golden spiral...
    8 million returns here is the page:
    http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&um=1&ei=vE7HSvHLMsyV8Ab4lITiCA&sa=X&oi=spe ll&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=nature%27s+golden+spi ral&spell=1&start=0

The images that appear are those of the phi / fibonacci golden spiral.
    Hey there Raphael,

I don't know why you think that spirals are not symmetrical. I see them as exhibiting an extremely elegant symmetry. You can read about it in this article called The Law of spiral symmetry transformation. Here is a snippet:
    As is well known from biology a relative arrangement of very different sprouts arising in the cones of shoots is characterized by the "spiral symmetry". This arrangement principle was named "phyllotaxis". On the surface of phyllotaxis forms, especially in the closely packed botanic structures (pine cone, pineapple, cactus, head of sunflower etc.), one can see clearly visible left- and right curved series of sprouts. As to the symmetry order of phyllotaxis forms there exists a practice to indicate it through the ratios of the numbers corresponding to the number of the left- and right-hand spirals. In accordance with the law of phyllotaxis such ratios are given by the number sequence generated by the Fibonacci recurrent relationship
    And if you are interested, you can read this 449 page book called Spiral Symmetry which is described as follows:
    From the tiny twisted biological molecules to the gargantuan curling arms of many galaxies, the physical world contains a startling repetition of spiral patterns. Today, researchers have a keen interest in identifying, measuring, and defining these patterns in scientific terms. Spirals play an important role in the growth processes of many biological forms and organisms. Also through time, humans have imitated spiral motifs in their art forms, and invented new and unusual spirals which have no counterparts in the natural world. Therefore, one goal of this multiauthored book is to stress the conspicuous role that spirals play in science, and to show the reader how to create such spirals using a computer. Another goal is to show how simple mathematical formulas can reveal magnificent shapes and images. This interdisciplinary book revolves around a common theme, spiral symmetry, and is intended for scientists, humanists, and interested laypeople.
    The key to understanding why spirals are considered symmetric is found in the definitions of "spiral" and "symmetry" -

Main Entry: sym·me·try
    Pronunciation: \ˈsi-mə-trē\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural sym·me·tries
    Etymology: Latin symmetria, from Greek, from symmetros symmetrical, from syn- + metron measure — more at measure
    Date: 1563
    1. balanced proportions; also : beauty of form arising from balanced proportions
    2. the property of being symmetrical; especially : correspondence in size, shape, and relative position of parts on opposite sides of a dividing line or median plane or about a center or axis — compare bilateral symmetry, radial symmetry
    3. a rigid motion of a geometric figure that determines a one-to-one mapping onto itself
    4. the property of remaining invariant under certain changes (as of orientation in space, of the sign of the electric charge, of parity, or of the direction of time flow) —used of physical phenomena and of equations describing them
    A spiral is one of the most basic examples of symmetry because it is invariant over scale. Here is a classic quote on this point:
    "But the shell retains its unchanging form in spite of its assymetrical growth; it grows at one end only ... . And this remarkable property of increasing by terminal growth, but nevertheless retaining unchanged the form of the entire figure, is characteristic of the equiangular spiral, and of no other mathematical curve." Sir D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson in On Growth and Form, 1942 edition
    The symmetry is expressed most elegantly in the mathematical description of the spiral.

Asymmetry seems to be the default mechanism on the prison planet due to beta decay or PT symmetry violation.
    How is "asymmetry" a mechanism? And why should we think of God's glorious creation as a "prison planet"? Granted, we were bound by sin before Christ came, but He has set us free, has He not?

As I mentioned in 2008 Nobel finally got around to awarding a prize to three physicists for proving matter and anti-matter are asymmetric.
    Yes, there is are a few obscure phenomena that apparently are not symmetric. But the siine qua non of the fundamental laws of nature is symmetry. That's how we derive the conservation laws, such as conservation of angular momentum (from rotational symmetry) and the conservation of energy (temoral symmetry).

The history seems symmetrical because we equate divinity with symmetry.
    The human body is not symmetrical, the earth is not symmetrical, the asymmetrical heliosphere suggests our solar system is NOT symmetrical.
    And there is no "perfect circle" in the physical universe. But that says nothing about the perfect symmetry of the underlying laws of nature that cause planets to be spheroids moving in elliptical orbits. And humans are more symmetrical than not. A well formed humans exhibits bilateral symmetry with minor variations. It certainly does not seem correct to deny the bilateral symmetry because of those imperfections. For example, I am perfectly symmetrical in the general sense that I have two legs and two arms on opposite sides.

Framing the narrative as a symmetry if you are discussing GOD, or a universal balance makes sense.
    BUT the FACT is ... on the prison planet ... ASYMMETRY rules the domain down here.
    And asymmetry can be defined as a breakdown of symmetry.

My theory is the fall of man, his fall from grace, is just that.
    ASYMMETRY is the scientific equivalent of the fall of man.
    The beginning of the end.
    Being ejected from the perfect world, the garden of eden.
    That's very interesting. Symmetry breaking is a fundamental aspect of the understanding we derive from modern physics.

All the best,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there Raphael,

I don't know why you think that spirals are not symmetrical.
    you need to go beyond how you define symmetry.
    a spiral is flat...a helix is spiral in 3 dimensions.
    Is the double helix of DNA symmetrical or asymmetrical?

Well?

Here is a snippet:[INDENT]As is well known from biology a relative arrangement of very different sprouts arising in the cones of shoots is characterized by the "spiral symmetry". This arrangement principle was named "phyllotaxis". On the surface of phyllotaxis forms, especially in the closely packed botanic structures (pine cone, pineapple, cactus, head of sunflower etc.), one can see clearly visible left- and right curved series of sprouts. As to the symmetry order of phyllotaxis forms there exists a practice to indicate it through the ratios of the numbers corresponding to the number of the left- and right-hand spirals. In accordance with the law of phyllotaxis such ratios are given by the number sequence generated by the Fibonacci recurrent relationship
    I suspect you do NOT understand the basics of asymmetry vs. symmetry.
    You posted as proof of your symmetry theory a link that is discussing the Fibonacci series of numbers that is connected intimately to the Golden Spiral.
    The golden spiral, any logarithmic spiral is asymmetric.
    OKAY?

Yes, there is are a few obscure phenomena that apparently are not symmetric. But the siine qua non of the fundamental laws of nature is symmetry.
    WRONG
    WRONG
    WRONG
    The fundamental laws of nature ARE asymmetric.
    NOBEL says so.
    The Importance of Asymmetry

Luckily for us, the Universe is not symmetrical, at least at the subatomic level. If it was, the newly formed matter at the Universe's birth would have been annihilated by an equal and opposite amount of antimatter, and nothingness would have resulted. Instead, a small imbalance, or asymmetry, in the amount of matter and antimatter created led to a slight excess of matter, from which we are all eventually formed. Such 'broken symmetry' is one key to our existence
    http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...speedread.html
    WOW...
    'broken symmetry' is one of the keys to our existence.

That's how we derive the conservation laws, such as conservation of angular momentum (from rotational symmetry) and the conservation of energy (temoral symmetry).
    The current theories re: angular momentum of orbits is challenged by the introduction of binary companions?
    The jury is still out on celestial mechanics, these laws are being challenged all the time...
    i.e. such as the sun’s lack of angular momentum relative to the planets
    http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.o...autforum.shtml

And humans are more symmetrical than not. A well formed humans exhibits bilateral symmetry with minor variations. It certainly does not seem correct to deny the bilateral symmetry because of those imperfections. For example, I am perfectly symmetrical in the general sense that I have two legs and two arms on opposite sides.
    Again YOU exhibit ignorance of what asymmetry is.
    No offense.
    Let me try to inform you.
    These two blogs are attempts to illustrate how there is a thread we can follow through the dimensions ... DNA asymmetry = L/R hand asymmetry = swastika rotational asymmetry = matter and anti-matter asymmetry
    http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/200...ght-hand-path/
    http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/200...-of-everthing/

That's very interesting. Symmetry breaking is a fundamental aspect of the understanding we derive from modern physics.

All the best,

Richard
    Well if you respect how symmetry breaking is fundamental (i.e. PT violation observed in 1956) then you may respect why I believe that Eve/the rib of Adam represents symmetry breaking.
    Adam + Lilith = symmetry (matter and anti-matter annihilate each other)
    Adam + Eve = asymmetry (matter is victorious = 2008 Nobel Prize)
    The eventual asymmetry between man and woman, between the genders, between the positive and the negative.

Note the asymmetry on the Palm.
    http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/200...lm-of-victory/

Also remember TIME, the way physics describes it (i.e. entropy = time's arrow) is asymmetric too.
    Would that be important?

namaste
    Last edited by Raphael; 10-04-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Hey there Raphael!

I'm really glad you are digging deep into the topic of symmetry and how it relates to physics because those are two of my favorite topics.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    I don't know why you think that spirals are not symmetrical.
    you need to go beyond how you define symmetry.
    a spiral is flat...a helix is spiral in 3 dimensions.
    Is the double helix of DNA symmetrical or asymmetrical?

Well?
    Dimensionality has nothing to do with symmetry. Objects can be symmetric in an number of dimensions.

If you want me to "go beyond" how I define symmetry, you will need to present a definition for me to consider. As it is, I use the standard definition found in physics and mathematics.

The symmetry of a 3D spiral is very similar to that of a 2D circle. A 2D circle has an infinite degree of symmetry because it remains invariant under an arbitrary rotation. Likewise, a simple 3D spiral is infinitely symmetric because it is invariant under an arbitrary rotation coupled with a translation along its central axis. For example, consider a 3D spiral around the z-axis that makes a full revolution every meter. Now rotate it by angle phi radians and displace it dz=phi/2pi. It's form will remain invariant.

Here is a snippet:

As is well known from biology a relative arrangement of very different sprouts arising in the cones of shoots is characterized by the "spiral symmetry". This arrangement principle was named "phyllotaxis". On the surface of phyllotaxis forms, especially in the closely packed botanic structures (pine cone, pineapple, cactus, head of sunflower etc.), one can see clearly visible left- and right curved series of sprouts. As to the symmetry order of phyllotaxis forms there exists a practice to indicate it through the ratios of the numbers corresponding to the number of the left- and right-hand spirals. In accordance with the law of phyllotaxis such ratios are given by the number sequence generated by the Fibonacci recurrent relationship
    I suspect you do NOT understand the basics of asymmetry vs. symmetry.
    You posted as proof of your symmetry theory a link that is discussing the Fibonacci series of numbers that is connected intimately to the Golden Spiral.
    The golden spiral, any logarithmic spiral is asymmetric.
    OKAY?
    I think we might be disagreeing about semantics. You appear to be using a colloquial definition of "asymmetric" which recognizes symmetry only if an object remains invariant under rotation and/or reflection. But that is just a special case of the broader mathematical definition which defines any object that remains invariant under any given transformation as symmetric with respect to that transformation.

Case in point: The logarithmic spiral is invariant under a scaling + rotation (much like the scaling + translation explained above). Here is a snippet from Wikipedia's article on scale invariance:
    An example of a scale-invariant curve is the logarithmic spiral, a kind of curve that often appears in nature. In polar coordinates (r, θ) the spiral can be written as
    Allowing for rotations of the curve, it is invariant under all rescalings λ; that is θ(λr) is identical to a rotated version of θ(r).
    A simple circle remains invariant under an arbitrary rotation. The logarithmic spiral remains invariant under an arbitrary rotation + scale. They are both highly symmetrical objects.

You can get an excellent introduction to the general idea of symmetry in Symmetry, A Unifying Concept on Google books. It is filled with many images and long discussions about spirals. And here is a snippet that puts it in a nutshell:
    The symmetry of a logarithmic spiral is a combination of rotational symmetry and self-similarity. In the Mandelbrot set, spiral symmetry is seen in nearly all filament tips.
    And don't forget the 449 page book published by the World Scientific Publishing Company called Spiral Symmetry.

Yes, there is are a few obscure phenomena that apparently are not symmetric. But the siine qua non of the fundamental laws of nature is symmetry.
    WRONG
    WRONG
    WRONG
    The fundamental laws of nature ARE asymmetric.
    NOBEL says so.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...speedread.html
    That's a very interesting article, but it does not support nor justify your triple ALL CAP repetition of the word "WRONG." There is nothing in that article that denies my fundamental point. Let me repeat:
    Yes, there is are a few obscure phenomena that apparently are not symmetric. But the sine qua non of the fundamental laws of nature is symmetry. That's how we derive the conservation laws, such as conservation of angular momentum (from rotational symmetry) and the conservation of energy (temoral symmetry).
    My point stands. The broken symmetry discovered in the creation of matter/anti-matter does not mean that the fundamental laws are not themselves symmetrical. On the contrary, those laws are defined by symmetry. The mystery is why the symmetry of those laws "spontaneously breaks" during the process of creation.

I think you may have grabbed onto the word "asymmetry" in that article without understanding its meaning in the context of Standard Model. The Standard Model is built on symmetry. Symmetry is its very foundation. That's why the asymmetry is called "broken symmetry." Here is what that article stated:
    Luckily for us, the Universe is not symmetrical, at least at the subatomic level. If it was, the newly formed matter at the Universe's birth would have been annihilated by an equal and opposite amount of antimatter, and nothingness would have resulted. Instead, a small imbalance, or asymmetry, in the amount of matter and antimatter created led to a slight excess of matter, from which we are all eventually formed. Such 'broken symmetry' is one key to our existence

Understanding symmetry, or the lack of it, is an ongoing task, and the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physics rewarded two discoveries concerning symmetry violation in the field of particle physics. In the 1960s Yoichiro Nambu, who had been working on asymmetries underlying superconductivity, was the first to model how broken symmetry can occur spontaneously at the subatomic level. The mathematical descriptions he formulated helped refine the standard model of particle physics, the current working theory that best explains much, but not all, of the way that fundamental particles and the forces that govern their behaviour interact to create the known Universe.
    Why "broken symmetry"? Because the Standard Model is defined by symmetry groups! The "breaking" of the symmetry has to do with the states of the system, not the system itself. You can read about it here.

Thanks again for introducing this fascinating topic!

All the best,

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Because the Standard Model is defined by symmetry groups!
    Thanks again for introducing this fascinating topic!

All the best,

Richard
    hello Richard, you are welcome
    the standard model was turned on its head in 1956, turned upside down, with the observation of symmetry breakdown.

and NO official current standard model ever replaced the one proved wrong.
    there has not been a standard model since 1956...
    all efforts since 1956, have been to plug the hole in the dyke, and to understand asymmetry.
    end of story regarding 'standard models'
    IMHO that is why science experts seem kinda lost in space these days, as they try to fill their mathematical space vacuum with BS formulas.

Let me ask you a question.
    Are your Left and Right hands symmetrical or asymmetrical?
    Would a discussion of asymmetry and symmetry in biological systems lend itself to discussing chiral vs. achiral?
    Is it a coincidence that the following are ALL chiral and asymmetric?

DNA (very old)
    amino acids
    carbohydrates
    L/R hands (as old as humanity)
    CW and CCW swastikas (10,000+ years old)

Are you familiar with Stan Tenen and the Meru Foundation and his work linking hands >> mind >> Hebrew alphabet/language?
    I found this an interesting read...
    http://www.meru.org/3220lecture/asymspir.html

And this an interesting video series.
    Dance of the Hebrew Letters:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5QszivjfTI

Why is the right hand mentioned so many more times in the bible than the left?
    Right Hand Rules are used in physics and noted as dominant in the bible?

namaste
    Last edited by Raphael; 10-05-2009 at 05:03 PM.

hello Richard, you are welcome
    the standard model was turned on its head in 1956, turned upside down, with the observation of symmetry breakdown.

an NO official current standard model ever replaced the one proved wrong.
    there has not been one since 1956...all efforts have been since 1956 to understand asymmetry.
    end of story regarding 'standard models'
    IMHO
    that is why science experts seem kinda lost in space these days, as they try to fill their vacuum with BS formulas.
    Hey there Raphael,

That's some important news you got there. Maybe you should notify the scientists at CERN - they are under the gross delusion that the Standard Model was developed in the 1970s and has been "established as a well-tested physics theory." Here is a snippet from their official site:
    The theories and discoveries of thousands of physicists over the past century have resulted in a remarkable insight into the fundamental structure of matter: everything in the Universe is found to be made from twelve basic building blocks called fundamental particles, governed by four fundamental forces. Our best understanding of how these twelve particles and three of the forces are related to each other is encapsulated in the Standard Model of particles and forces. Developed in the early 1970s, it has successfully explained a host of experimental results and precisely predicted a wide variety of phenomena. Over time and through many experiments by many physicists, the Standard Model has become established as a well-tested physics theory.
    So what about the explanation of the symmetry of a helix and spiral that I gave in my last post? Do you agree? If not, why not?

let me ask you a question.
    are your Left and Right hands symmetrical or asymmetrical?
    Except for the scar on my right thumb and other minor variations, they are symmetrical under reflection. Do you disagree with this? Is it not the definition of symmetry?

are you familiar with Stan Tenen and the Meru Foundation and his work linking hands >> mind >> language?
    I found this an interesting read...
    http://www.meru.org/3220lecture/asymspir.html

namaste
    Yes, I talked with Stan back in the 90s. Interesting guy. He's done some fascinating work but I haven't reviewed it lately.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information