Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Well in 430 years there would be 430/49 * 8 years of rest = 70.204 years of rest..

Every 7 years there was a year of rest, and there was an extra year of rest every 7 x 7 years.

This means that 70 years of rest would be achieved over a period of exactly 429 years, and the next year of rest would be 6 years later.

So in a period of 430 years, 70 years of rest would have occurred, and they would be awaiting the next year of rest in 5 years time.

Anyway,

A new covenant was given every 430 years, when God seems to have drawn especially close. And this coincided with a cycle of 70 years of rest - which makes sense because the Sabbath was the very time when people were supposed to be forgiven of their debts and sins, and allowed to return home... when sins were forgiven, and God could draw near.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 06-29-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Periods of 40 years in the BIble

As mentioned before, Israel's history is dotted with periods of 40 years, which many people have taken to be symbolic rather than literal. However, supposing that God really were in control of the History of Israel, then it is POSSIBLE that such time periods were precisely 40 years long. In other words, such time periods would be BOTH symbolic and literal.

To test this, I reasoned that the total NUMBER of occurrences of the period of 40 years, in the entire Bible would also be by supernatural design.

Using the Bible Gateway, I searched for all occurrences of the phrase "40 Years" and counted all occurrences were this phrase referred to a specific time period of 40 years. Here are the results -

1. Genesis 25:20

and Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram and sister of Laban the Aramean.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

2. Genesis 26:34

[ Jacob Takes Esau’s Blessing ] When Esau was forty years old, he married Judith daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and also Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite.

Genesis 47:28

Jacob lived in Egypt seventeen years, and the years of his life were a hundred and forty-seven.

3. Exodus 16:35

The Israelites ate manna forty years, until they came to a land that was settled; they ate manna until they reached the border of Canaan.

Leviticus 25:8

[ The Year of Jubilee ] “‘Count off seven sabbath years—seven times seven years—so that the seven sabbath years amount to a period of forty-nine years.

4. Numbers 14:33

Your children will be shepherds here for forty years, suffering for your unfaithfulness, until the last of your bodies lies in the wilderness.

5. Numbers 14:34

For forty years—one year for each of the forty days you explored the land—you will suffer for your sins and know what it is like to have me against you.’

6. Numbers 32:13

The Lord’s anger burned against Israel and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone.

7. Deuteronomy 2:7

The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything.

8. Deuteronomy 8:2

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.

9. Deuteronomy 8:4

Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years.

10. Deuteronomy 29:5

Yet the Lord says, “During the forty years that I led you through the wilderness, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet.

11. Joshua 5:6

The Israelites had moved about in the wilderness forty years until all the men who were of military age when they left Egypt had died, since they had not obeyed the Lord. For the Lord had sworn to them that they would not see the land he had solemnly promised their ancestors to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

12. Joshua 14:7

I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions,

Joshua 14:10

“Now then, just as the Lord promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the wilderness. So here I am today, eighty-five years old!

13. Judges 3:11

So the land had peace for forty years, until Othniel son of Kenaz died.

14. Judges 5:31

“So may all your enemies perish, Lord! But may all who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength.” Then the land had peace forty years.

15. Judges 8:28

[ Gideon’s Death ] Thus Midian was subdued before the Israelites and did not raise its head again. During Gideon’s lifetime, the land had peace forty years.

Judges 12:14

He had forty sons and thirty grandsons, who rode on seventy donkeys. He led Israel eight years.

16. Judges 13:1

[ The Birth of Samson ] Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, so the Lord delivered them into the hands of the Philistines for forty years.

17. 1 Samuel 4:18

When he mentioned the ark of God, Eli fell backward off his chair by the side of the gate. His neck was broken and he died, for he was an old man, and he was heavy. He had led Israel forty years.

1 Samuel 13:1

[ Samuel Rebukes Saul ] Saul was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned over Israel forty- two years.

18. 2 Samuel 2:10

Ish-Bosheth son of Saul was forty years old when he became king over Israel, and he reigned two years. The tribe of Judah, however, remained loyal to David.

19. 2 Samuel 5:4

David was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned forty years.

20. 1 Kings 2:11

He had reigned forty years over Israel—seven years in Hebron and thirty-three in Jerusalem.

21. 1 Kings 11:42

Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel forty years.

1 Kings 14:21

[ Rehoboam King of Judah ] Rehoboam son of Solomon was king in Judah. He was forty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city the Lord had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel in which to put his Name. His mother’s name was Naamah; she was an Ammonite.

1 Kings 15:10

and he reigned in Jerusalem forty-one years. His grandmother’s name was Maakah daughter of Abishalom.

22. 2 Kings 12:1

[ Joash Repairs the Temple ] In the seventh year of Jehu, Joash became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem forty years. His mother’s name was Zibiah; she was from Beersheba.

2 Kings 14:23

[ Jeroboam II King of Israel ] In the fifteenth year of Amaziah son of Joash king of Judah, Jeroboam son of Jehoash king of Israel became king in Samaria, and he reigned forty-one years.

23. 1 Chronicles 29:27

He ruled over Israel forty years—seven in Hebron and thirty-three in Jerusalem.

24. 2 Chronicles 9:30

Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel forty years.

2 Chronicles 12:13

King Rehoboam established himself firmly in Jerusalem and continued as king. He was forty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the city the Lord had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel in which to put his Name. His mother’s name was Naamah; she was an Ammonite.

25. 2 Chronicles 24:1

[ Joash Repairs the Temple ] Joash was seven years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem forty years. His mother’s name was Zibiah; she was from Beersheba.

26. Nehemiah 9:21

For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness; they lacked nothing, their clothes did not wear out nor did their feet become swollen.

Job 42:16

After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation.

27. Psalm 95:10

For forty years I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known my ways.’

28. Ezekiel 29:11

The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years.

29. Ezekiel 29:12

I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities. And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them through the countries.

30. Ezekiel 29:13

“‘Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the nations where they were scattered.

31. Amos 2:10

I brought you up out of Egypt and led you forty years in the wilderness to give you the land of the Amorites.

32. Amos 5:25

“Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?

John 2:20

They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?”

Acts 4:22

For the man who was miraculously healed was over forty years old.

33. Acts 7:23

“When Moses was forty years old, he decided to visit his own people, the Israelites.

34. Acts 7:30

“After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.

35. Acts 7:36

He led them out of Egypt and performed wonders and signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the wilderness.

36. Acts 7:42

But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the sun, moon and stars. This agrees with what is written in the book of the prophets: “‘Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?

37. Acts 13:18

for about forty years he endured their conduct in the wilderness;

38. Acts 13:21

Then the people asked for a king, and he gave them Saul son of Kish, of the tribe of Benjamin, who ruled forty years.

39. Hebrews 3:9

where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did.

40. Hebrews 3:17

And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness?

This search was made using the NIV, RSV, KJV, American Standard Bible and the Complete Jewish Bible. All had exactly 40 occurrences of the phrase 40 years where the phrase referred to that definite period of time . The KJV had 41 occurrences.

This finding confirms my hypothesis, and indicates that the periods of 40 years were real - that is, they were literally 40 years long, and designed to be that way - by some supernatural agency..

A similar phenomenon appeared with regard to the miracles in the New Testament. In total there were 40 signs performed in the whole NT - and also 40 parables spoken
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 07-23-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Interesting that the first use of this mentions " Isaac " ( 40 years )

Here's why:

I've been looking at the concept of the " burnt offering " that was given for the " sin atonement " in the 1st Temple ( Solomon's Temple )

The first occurrence of the word for " burnt offering " is Genesis 2:22 ( where God tells Abraham to use Isaac for a burnt offering )

We already know that 222 is the value of " firstborn ", and " Isaac " was Abraham's firstborn

Well, the first use of the word " firstborn " in the Bible is Genesis 10:15 " And Canaan begat .."

Isaac was the only patriarch to stay in Canaan

Now, Richard has already identified 703 as the value for the Greek name " Canaan ", and we know this is part of the Genesis 1:1 " tiling "

( 666*3 ) + 703 = 2701

We know that the triangular 2701 just happens to have cardinality in Pi that sums as 666 as well

So it comes as no surprise that Genesis 22:7 is the verse where Isaac asks his father " where is the lamb for the burnt offering ? " ( ruh roh, Isaac...run )

22 / 7 = 3.14...( I'm not going to bother with the approximation symbol " ~ ", all values for pi are fundamentally approximations, regardless of how many digits )

Now according to the narrative in Genesis, " Isaac " was supposed to be the " burnt offering "

There are only four verse which sum with 6,666 gematria, and one of them happens to be a verse describing the basin at the Temple for washing the.....burnt offering

" And on the borders that were between the ledges were lions, oxen, and cherubims: and upon the ledges there was a base above: and beneath the lions and oxen were certain additions made of thin work. "

1 Kings 7:29 = 6666 gematria

Now, if Genesis 22:7 ( Pi ) refers to Isaac asking " where is the lamb for the burnt offering ? ", and Genesis 22:7 is 555th verse, then it's likely not " coincidence " that the 666th verse refers to the age of Abraham at death.

( 666 / 555 )* 1.618*1.618 = 3.14

Let's stop here for a second and look at something...

I don't know if you noticed, but the word for " burnt offering " is defined as such:

`olah {o-law'} or עולה `owlah {o-law'} f act part of 05927; TWOT - 1624c,1624d; n f AV - burnt offering 264, burnt sacrifice 21, ascent 1, go up 1; 289 1) whole burnt offering 2) ascent, stairway, steps

Who else in the Bible says he will " go up " and " ascend " ?

" Lucifer ", in the Book of Isaiah

As per the BW database, the gematria of " I will ascend " = 106

Now, " Isaac " was Abraham's seed, .....yet by the traditional dogmatic teachings, the following are associated, sometimes even made out to be the same character

" lucifer " : " satan " : " the antichrist "

" seed " = 333, " I will ascend " = 106

333 / 106 = 3.14...

If you go back and look at the word " righteousness ", it is the 6,666th Hebrew word in the Concordance, and the first use of the word in scripture is

" And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. " ~ Genesis 15:6

-referring to Abraham

Now, the " sin sacrifice ", the " burnt offering ", was washed first, then burnt for the offering

If we look at the values for " wash " and " burn ", we see they = 333 = the gematria of " seed " ( I know there are other values, but I'll get to that later )

If we look at the values for " young goat (gedi ) and " wash ", they have gematria = 17

Abraham's call from God starts in chapter 17, and he's told of the coming of Isaac in 17:17, yet ( 2701 / 1717 )*2 = 3.14..

I feel fairly safe saying that regardless of using a Lamb or Goat, the " sin offering " was to be the " firstling of the bullock "

You know as well as I do that that 144,000 / 666 = 216.216216216216

216 is the border count of the Genesis 1:1 figurate of 2701 having cardinality of 666 in Pi (3.14..)

Abraham is mentioned in 216 verses, yet the name is derived from the first word in the Concordance, strong's Hebrew # 0001

" light, lightning, light-bringer, sun , etc " is the 216th Hebrew word in the Concordance, right ?

As per the BW database, the Ordinal value of Genesis 1:1 is 222, which is equivalent to the value for " firsborn "

The first word in Genesis 1:1 has the gematria 913, which is identical to the Greek Strong's rank for " lightning "( Strong's Greek 913 )

" Lightning " in Greek = " Barak "
    " bless " in Hebrew = " Barak "

Considering that we are talking about " firstborn " and " first " occurrences ( concepts, words and characters ) these numerical coincidences surrounding Pi are really only reinforced by the fact that the 314th Greek word in the Concordance is " last "

The last chapter, last verse Vs the first chapter, first verse:

Revelation = 22:21
    Genesis, Ord. = 222-1:1

Considering that the last chapter of Revelation , Greek, is where JC refers to himself as the " bright and morning star "( Lucifer ) which in Strong's Hebrew is the word having cardinality 216 " Light, etc " , which is the border count of the first verse in Genesis, there seems to be a little too much numerical consistency between things for this to be a product of statistics

It's one thing to just point at these numbers and go " duuurrr, look they are the same !!! ", but these numbers link things which are linked in the actual textual narrative.

There are only a few ways to derive Pi using triple repunits, and they^^^ is them ( I could be wrong, show me if otherwise )

As far as the first digit occurrence of 666 in Pi ( not the cardinality of 2701, and not the 666th cardinality ) I showed you that it's cardinality in Pi, is the 2440th place.

666 <==> 2440

Look at the statements in Revelation 22:7 ( 3.14 ) ~ " I am coming soon "

Strong's Hebrew # 2440 = chiysh {kheesh} from 02439; TWOT - 631a; adv AV - soon 1; 1 1) quickly

~which is stated in Revelation 22.20 ( again, last chapter )

" He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. "

Strong's Greek # 2440

himation {him-at'-ee-on} from a presumed derivative of ennumi (to put on);; n n AV - garment 30, raiment 12, clothes 12, cloke 2, robe 2, vesture 2, apparel 1; 61 1) a garment (of any sort) 1a) garments, i.e. the cloak or mantle and the tunic 2) the upper garment, the cloak or mantle

This particular word is used to refer to the " garment " worn by JC, as well as other " garments ", right ?

Revelation 19:16 " And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. "

And JC is the one who ultimately took the place of the burnt offering " sin sacrifice " in the Temple, right ?

Just saying , Richard, there is quite a bit of consistency here with these numbers.

Obviously you saw that the two values for the " Ark " are related in Pi ( 343 at the 666th place ), and at the same time they bring up words and verse in Strong's pertaining to removing the veil, drawing back the curtain ( what was required to access the Ark in the Temple ), concealing and revealing a prophet, etc

It would be one thing if it was just consistency with numbers, but it is consistent with the objects, characters, and themes we find with the numbers as well.

And, yes, I will gladly present what I have found about Pi, when it is compiled and ready, I'm looking forward to discussing it

---------------

On another note, I was thinking about these " patterns " and what not, and the logic behind looking at/for them, and what exactly it means when something is not continuous, but rather a single occurrence, much like your Biblewheel structure and Holograph discoveries.

If the book and it's structure were meant to conceal something/s, and it was " divine " in origin, we'd have to first ask if the purpose for it ( concealing things ) was for everybody, or one individual, say, a character like JC.

Iirc, the book does allude something about this, in Revelation 5:5

If a " pattern " in something were continuous, say like every multiple of three on a number-line of consecutive integers, it would not be " hidden " at all

Who's to say that a " pattern " has to be a continuous function though ?

Obviously, it would be counter to the logic of trying to conceal something, as it would easily be found by any sort of rigorous analysis, right ?

Is there any sort of obvious pattern, or continuous function that describes the element of 666 in relation to it's set ( pi digits in base 10 ), ie 666 appearing every 300 places, etc ?

No, there is not, but yet what little I outlined above is consistently based on the relations between 666 and Pi

Where languages are concerned, and two entirely different languages, Hebrew and Greek, ( 3 if we include Aramaic ) and " concealing " and " hiding " things is the goal, then obviously, anything meant to be hidden is not going to be in plain sight.

Obviously the languages use things like acrostics, acronyms, temurah, etc, these were not obvious to everybody at once either.

A hidden " pattern " in this case may be more of a pattern of consistent methods of reference rather then something that is solely countable as a continuous numerical function.

The Biblewheel, for example, is not found in every book, nor are the Holographs, yet your Biblewheel is also based on 22/7 (3.14..)

But yet we can say that if the Biblewheel were contained in every chapter in the Book it would have been obvious to many, likely would have been discovered long ago, and therefore would not be considered " hidden ".

If it's supposed to be " hidden " in the book, but is easily found by men, then it's just as likely it was put there by men in the first place, therefore not likely " divine " in any way.

Then again, if " truth " is supposed to be axiomatic ( self-evident ) then why would it be hidden in the first place ?

.....Sounds like a setup to me >.>

Funny enough:

" Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. "

John 18:37 = 18x37 = 666

Anyway, pleasure chatting again

In summary

According to all the sources that I could find on Google, the major covenants between God and man found in the Old Testaments are -

Covenant Scripture Ussher Date
    Noachic Genesis 2348 B.C.
    Abrahamic Genesis 1921 B.C
    Mosaic Exodus 1491 B.C.
    Davidic Samuel 1054 B.C.
    New Covenant Jeremiah 626 B.C

The New Covenant is first mentioned in the OT in Jeremiah. The scripture - Jeremiah 31 v 31 - describes the New Covenant as -

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an Husband unto them, saith the Lord: but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. "
    Jeremiah began his ministry in 626 B.C. and preached for 40 years until the destruction of the first Temple.

2348 B.C. to 1921 B.C. = 427 years

1921 B.C. till 1491 B.C. = 430 years

1491 B.C. till 1055 B.C. = 436 years

1055 B.C. till 626 B.C. = 429 years

What is also interesting is that the main characteristics of the New Covenant are -

1. It would be an inward reality - rather than a ritual - I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts

2. There would be no more priesthood - And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord

3. Compassion and forgiveness

These are the very things that characterised the new consciousness that sprang up in all the centres of civilization during the axial age.

So remarkably, the OT embodies a Covenant Cycle of 430 years. All the OT covenants from Noah to Jeremiah fall into this pattern.

Scripture is explicit in defining some of these cycles. -

A. It tells us that there were exactly 430 years from the date that Abraham entered Canaan until the Exodus.
    B. Further, the Bible tells us that there were 480 years from the Exodus until the 4th year of Solomon's reign. Since this was 44 years after David began to reign, that means there were 436 years from the Exodus to David.

The kinglists of Judah's kings show that there were 430 years from the beginning of Solomon's reign until the Siege of Jerusalem in 586 B.C. And Jeremiah began his ministry exactly 40 years before that. So from the beginning of David's reign until the beginning of Jeremiah's ministry there are 430 years.

So the duration of two of these cycles is explicitly stated in Scripture. And a third one is easily calculated by adding the reigns of the Judean kings.

The duration of the cycle from Noah to Abraham was calculated by Ussher to be 2348 - 1921 = 427 years. This was based on the fact that in Acts it states that Abraham entered Caanaan after his father died. We can easily calculate when Terah died from these numbers -

11 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

From Shem to Abram

10 This is the account of Shem’s family line.

Two years after the flood, when Shem was 100 years old, he became the father[d] of Arphaxad. 11 And after he became the father of Arphaxad, Shem lived 500 years and had other sons and daughters.

12 When Arphaxad had lived 35 years, he became the father of Shelah. 13 And after he became the father of Shelah, Arphaxad lived 403 years and had other sons and daughters.[e]

14 When Shelah had lived 30 years, he became the father of Eber. 15 And after he became the father of Eber, Shelah lived 403 years and had other sons and daughters.

16 When Eber had lived 34 years, he became the father of Peleg. 17 And after he became the father of Peleg, Eber lived 430 years and had other sons and daughters.

18 When Peleg had lived 30 years, he became the father of Reu. 19 And after he became the father of Reu, Peleg lived 209 years and had other sons and daughters.

20 When Reu had lived 32 years, he became the father of Serug. 21 And after he became the father of Serug, Reu lived 207 years and had other sons and daughters.

22 When Serug had lived 30 years, he became the father of Nahor. 23 And after he became the father of Nahor, Serug lived 200 years and had other sons and daughters.

24 When Nahor had lived 29 years, he became the father of Terah. 25 And after he became the father of Terah, Nahor lived 119 years and had other sons and daughters.

26 After Terah had lived 70 years, he became the father of Abram, Nahor and Haran.

Abram’s Family

27 This is the account of Terah’s family line.

Terah became the father of Abram, Nahor and Haran. And Haran became the father of Lot. 28 While his father Terah was still alive, Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, in the land of his birth. 29 Abram and Nahor both married. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milkah; she was the daughter of Haran, the father of both Milkah and Iskah. 30 Now Sarai was childless because she was not able to conceive.

31 Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Harran, they settled there.

32 Terah lived 205 years, and he died in Harran.
    So the duration from the Flood to the death of Terah = 2 + 35 + 30 + 34 + 30 + 32 + 30 + 29 + 205 = 427 years

I find it very curious that the Scriptures manifest this repeating cycle several times. And it is odd that it separates every major Covenant in sequence. At the time of the destruction of Jerusalem in 586 B.C., Ezekiel announced a final period of 430 years that was to encompass the Times of the Gentiles.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 07-23-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Group Judgement

A common feature of the Bible appears to be group judgement. That is, God appears to punish an entire group sometimes for sin accumulated over more than one lifetime.

An example of this would be the judgement passed upon the Canaanites. The Bible says that God waited patiently 430 years for their sin to reach its full measure. Taking this literally would mean that over several lifetimes, a group of people were accumulating sin which eventually led to their judgement after 430 years.

Such a phenomena would require that a soul can accumulate sin over more than one lifetime, and that souls tend to incarnate into the same ethnic or tribal groups.

We find group judgement occurring at other places in the Bible

God is said to have brought judgement against the Jews for their apostasy which resulted in the destruction of the first Temple and the captivity of the Jews in Babylon. Ezekiel indicates that this judgement was for 390 + 40 years of apostasy. Obviously such apostasy was carried out over many lifetimes, but the judgement fell upon one generation. This only makes sense if those judged were those who sinned - over many lifetimes, and incarnated into the same group at that time.

A third example would be the judgement brought against Jerusalem by the Romans, as foretold by Jesus 40 years earlier. Jesus's rhetoric suggested a group judgement when he spoke of "this generation" being more sinful than Sodom and Gomorrah, and when Jesus spoke of the future destruction of Jerusalem as a consequence of them not recognising his coming.

It is also worth noting that from the time of the Flood of Noah until the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah there were also 430 years.

So I would like to put forward a set of propositions -

1. That God allows souls to accumulate sin or merit over multiple lifetimes
    2. That souls tend to incarnate into groups/ tribes because they are bonded

This would explain much of the Bible which otherwise might appear unjust.

In summary

For a long time, perhaps 2 years, I was greatly distressed by the fact that the God of the Bible ordered the slaughter of the children of Canaan. Even though the Canaanites are described as a sinful people, how could the children share in their punishment? Surely this was unjust of God to punish the children?

Another puzzling fact was that God states that He waited 430 years for the sin of the Canaanites to reach its full measure. An individual can only be held responsible for their own sin, so how could they accumulate it over 430 years.... over several lifetimes? Why should the punishment/judgement fall upon a single generation for all the transgressions over 430 years.

The answer seems unavoidable....that souls are incarnated multiple times into the same tribe or culture - perhaps to complete some work or task. In a sense they are incarnated as a group, being perhaps bonded together by affiliation, or by oath, or spiritual allegiance. And over several lifetimes they accumulate merit or sin.

Then I became aware of a tendency in cases of reincarnation - such that the person is often reincarnated into a group that is connected to their previous incarnation - the same people coming back over and over again.

That's why in the Bible there is this recurring cycle of 430 years

From the Judgement of the Flood until the judgement of Sodom and Gomorrah there were 430 years
    From the Sodom and Gomorrah until the Plagues brought against Egypt there were 430 years
    From the Egyptian plagues until King David brought judgement upon the Philistines there were 430 years
    From King David until the judgement of the Babylonian Captivity there were 430 years.

It is feels like a repeating cycle made explicit for our benefit, so that we could realise that God rules with a hand of justice that spans lifetimes - a great cycle of the comings and goings of souls.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 12-31-2018 at 06:41 PM.

The idea that people come back multiple times to the same tribe or group...During one lifetime you begin things that are not completed. It would only be just for a person to come back to the same field or group or tribe and carry on their work and bring it to completion.

It is impossible to learn something in one lifetime. Everything is too fragmentary. Learning is over many lifetimes. And the work of one generation builds upon the work and sacrifice of the previous one.

In anyone lifetime, each person contributes something to the functioning and welfare of the whole and makes progress possible.

According to the Bible, periodically the whole is judged - Flood 430 Sodom 430 Exodus 430 David 430 Babylon.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 05-01-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Thread Information