Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    Actually there were lots of earthquakes that happened in the land of Israel. Keep in mind that Israel was the subject of Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. In fact, Jerusalem suffered I believe 3 total earthquakes. She also suffered famines, and diseases during the 7 year long war between Rome and the Judians. Rome also suffered catastrophic climactic events as well. Let us also not forget about Pompey.

Joe
    There may have been earthquakes but that doesn't mean they fulfilled...

Revelation 16:18 - "And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great."

There's no evidence that an earthquake around AD70 was the worse of all time. Neither was there one in Jerusalem that toppled 1/10 of the city and 7,000 people died. Who were the two witnesses of Revelation 11?

Revelation 11:13 - "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."
    Neither was there celestial signs to this extent.

Revelation 6:12 - "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;"

Neither were there famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes that were the worse of all time...

Mathew 24:7 - "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places."

Mathew 24:21 - "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Israel was not the focus of Mathew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. The subject is threefold.

1. When shall these things be.
    2. What shall be the signs of your return.
    3. What are the signs of the consummation of the age.

I'm curious, what climactic events happened in Rome?
    From error to error we discover Truth

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    Actually there were lots of earthquakes that happened in the land of Israel. Keep in mind that Israel was the subject of Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. In fact, Jerusalem suffered I believe 3 total earthquakes. She also suffered famines, and diseases during the 7 year long war between Rome and the Judians. Rome also suffered catastrophic climactic events as well. Let us also not forget about Pompey.

Joe
    How do you find Israel as the subject of Mathew 24? Jesus answered a three part question and it seems to me that the chapter covers the signs of the Lord's return which culminates into the "Consummation of the ages." You must believe the fig tree illustration represents Israel.

There are far too many things in Mathew 24 that just didn't happen in AD70.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    You must believe the fig tree illustration represents Israel.
    why you should believe so?

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    why you should believe so?
    Matthew 24:32,
    "Learn the parable from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near."

with the leaves Adam and Eve did cover themselves - so sure that was in summertime ( when the living is easy)

It must be that first Eve covered herself, and then also did give some leaves to Adam,

after Genesis 3:6, and she gave also to her husband with her

There are far too many things in Mathew 24 that just didn't happen in AD70.

From your view point, what was not Fulfilled?

1. When shall these things be. Mat.24:15, Dan 11:31,32 Read Josephus of what he said desecrated the Temple
    2. What shall be the signs of your return. Mat. 24:30 What did Josephus write about was 'in the skies' around Jerusalem? Armies and a flaming sword.
    3. What are the signs of the consummation of the age. Dan 9:27

I'm curious, what climactic events happened in Rome?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Four_Emperors
    Last edited by Brother Les; 06-08-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    From your view point, what was not Fulfilled?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Four_Emperors
    If you say it is fulfilled, then it shouldn't be too difficult for you to take it verse by verse and provide historical data to prove it was fulfilled.

If you say it is fulfilled, then it shouldn't be too difficult for you to take it verse by verse and provide historical data to prove it was fulfilled.
    I asked you a question of what you 'believe' was not fulfilled and you ask for a book. Oh, ye of little Faith.
    I am not writing a book when several have already been written on the subject. The New Testament was not written to you, it was written to them for their day and their fulfillment. Do a little studying on your own, but I am sure you may not understand very much of the Hebraic Eastern Oriental mindset.

Matthew 24:34 (KJV)

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

https://store.americanvision.org/pro...w-24-fulfilled

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/
    Brother Les

Forget it. Preterism is evil and I'm sick of this place already. See you Preterist evil bastards later. I'm sick of that level of evil.

Bye sorry I ever came back.

Forget it. Preterism is evil and I'm sick of this place already. See you Preterist evil bastards later. I'm sick of that level of evil.

Bye sorry I ever came back.
    No idea why you are so tormented and have such an attitude. Should not all search for Biblical truth? The Sect of The Way and those of Berea searched The Scripture (OC) to understand that it was 'they' of the First Century that were living at the End of The Ages. The Messianic Age has no end. We are The Children of those of the first century Saints.

Peace to you.
    Brother Les

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

The abomination of desolation of which was spoken by Daniel was a statue of (the naked) Zeus erected in the Temple of Jeruslaem.

So be sure the end is near:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/1...eles-indecline

Thread Information