PDA

View Full Version : spoke 14

gilgal
06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
relating "Hebrew"-sojourn and #14
The name from which the word Hebrew comes from is Eber.

Eber was the 14th from Adam. From Adam to Noah was 10 generations. It's a side note that Noah had triplets ( I think ). From Shem to Abram was 10 generations too. And Abram and his brothers were also triplets.

If not then he had three children:

( 10th from Adam ) And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
( 10th from Shem ) Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran;

At the end of Genesis 13 it says:

18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

While Lot moved toward Sodom, which is descriptive of the Sodomite people, Abram moved towards Hebron descriptive of sojourners like us. So he became "Hebrew" in chapter 14.

13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.

Now looking at Eber we don't have much to say except that he was the 14th from Adam. The Hebrew would alone bear no significance since there are numerous passages containing either "Hebrew", "Hebron", "pilgrim", "sojourn", or any other resemblance.

Genesis 14:5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,

But in Genesis 14 it does get interesting. Beside the word "Hebrew" there is Melchizedek. His name appears once more in Psalm 110 but more often in the 14th epistle Hebrews ( in a different spelling )! So we have a link between "Hebrew", Melchizedek of Genesis 14 and the 14th epistle. That alone has narrowed down the search to these two areas. There is no other proof necessary, but there are. There are the name Abraham ( although it was called Abram ), priest, bread, "slaughter of kings", "king of Salem". Let me demonstrate it to you:

Genesis 14:
17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Hebrews 7:1
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

[ a side note: we can see the tabernacle objects while reading through Genesis:
-the entrance gate where Adam and Eve were kicked out. The first sacrifice was presented to cover their nakedness;
-the brazen laver as the world was judged during the time of Noah;
-when Lot separated from Abram Abram entered the holy place. Lot means "veil". So the first "veil" was taken away;
-when Abram came back from the slaughter of kings Melchizedek gave him bread and wine. The first stop from the entrance of the holy place in the table of shewbread. And Melchizedek being priest of the most high God is quite significant thing!!! We'll come back to shewbread;
-the 15th chapter of Genesis discusses the lamps of fire. The 4th candle on the menorah or candlestick is called the shemesh ( servant or minister ) lamp. The "sun" as mentioned going down is called shemash only different in the vowel marks. Notice the 4th day was the sun created? the 4th church in Revelation was the morning star mentioned? The 4th trumpet and 4th vial were the sun mentioned. Samuel's first response to God's calle dto prophethood was on the 4th time and the lamp was going out!!! Darkness!!!
-up to now there were 4 places, and now 5 where God changed Abram's name to Abraham adding the 5th letter of the alphabet and Sarai to Sarah.
-6 where Abraham prayed for Lot in Genesis 18 6 times! Thus it represents the golden altar of incense I think Lot and the second veil might be significant as well. But I don't know any further.]

Genesis 14:18
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Hebrews 9:2
For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

Hebrew means sojourner and pilgrim

Hebrews 11:9
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Hebrews 11:13
These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

I'll finish off with another book where genesis 14 is linked with, the 14th book 2Chronicles.

Genesis 14:19
And he Blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Genesis 14:20
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 14:18
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 and he Blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

2 Chronicles 2:11
11 Then Huram the king of Tyre answered in writing, which he sent to Solomon, Because the LORD hath loved his people, he hath made thee king over them.
12 Huram said moreover, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, that made heaven and earth, who hath given to David the king a wise son, endued with prudence and understanding, that might build an house for the LORD, and an house for his kingdom.

Solomon and Salem I think mean the same: peace.
More on the Spoke 14:
http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/nun.asp

Richard Amiel McGough
06-29-2007, 04:51 PM
relating "Hebrew"-sojourn and #14
The name from which the word Hebrew comes from is Eber.

Eber was the 14th from Adam. From Adam to Noah was 10 generations. It's a side note that Noah had triplets ( I think ). From Shem to Abram was 10 generations too. And Abram and his brothers were also triplets.
Hi Gilgal,

That is a facinating insight! I never noticed that Eber was the 14th. It definitely looks like an important part of the picture uniting the first occurrence of "Hebrew" and "Melchizedek" in Genesis 14 (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis14.asp) and the appearance of Melchizedek in the Book of Hebrews on Spoke 14.

Now looking at Eber we don't have much to say except that he was the 14th from Adam. The Hebrew would alone bear no significance since there are numerous passages containing either "Hebrew", "Hebron", "pilgrim", "sojourn", or any other resemblance.

Genesis 14:5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,

Did you notice that Genesis 14 contains the first occurrence of the Number 14 in the Bible?

But in Genesis 14 it does get interesting. Beside the word "Hebrew" there is Melchizedek. His name appears once more in Psalm 110 but more often in the 14th epistle Hebrews ( in a different spelling )! So we have a link between "Hebrew", Melchizedek of Genesis 14 and the 14th epistle. That alone has narrowed down the search to these two areas. There is no other proof necessary, but there are. There are the name Abraham ( although it was called Abram ), priest, bread, "slaughter of kings", "king of Salem". Let me demonstrate it to you:

Genesis 14:
17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Hebrews 7:1
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.[ a side note: we can see the tabernacle objects while reading through Genesis:
-the entrance gate where Adam and Eve were kicked out. The first sacrifice was presented to cover their nakedness;
-the brazen laver as the world was judged during the time of Noah;
-when Lot separated from Abram Abram entered the holy place. Lot means "veil". So the first "veil" was taken away;
-when Abram came back from the slaughter of kings Melchizedek gave him bread and wine. The first stop from the entrance of the holy place in the table of shewbread. And Melchizedek being priest of the most high God is quite significant thing!!! We'll come back to shewbread;
-the 15th chapter of Genesis discusses the lamps of fire. The 4th candle on the menorah or candlestick is called the shemesh ( servant or minister ) lamp. The "sun" as mentioned going down is called shemash only different in the vowel marks. Notice the 4th day was the sun created? the 4th church in Revelation was the morning star mentioned? The 4th trumpet and 4th vial were the sun mentioned. Samuel's first response to God's calle dto prophethood was on the 4th time and the lamp was going out!!! Darkness!!!
-up to now there were 4 places, and now 5 where God changed Abram's name to Abraham adding the 5th letter of the alphabet and Sarai to Sarah.
-6 where Abraham prayed for Lot in Genesis 18 6 times! Thus it represents the golden altar of incense I think Lot and the second veil might be significant as well. But I don't know any further.]
Excellent insights gilgal! A real valuable addition to the study of Spoke 14.

The connections with shemesh and the 4th church/day/trumpet/seal is very significant too. Man .... how are we going to organize all this so folks can see how it all fits together? I'm very thankful that you are sharing your insights. Your description reminds me that the sevenfold structures in Rev also follow the pattern of the menorah which is the center of many of the new insights posted in the last couple weeks.

Hebrew means sojourner and pilgrim

Hebrews 11:9
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Hebrews 11:13
These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Another new one for me! I hadn't noticed that connection. Thanks man! :thumb:

I'll finish off with another book where genesis 14 is linked with, the 14th book 2Chronicles.

Genesis 14:19
And he Blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Genesis 14:20
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Solomon and Salem I think mean the same: peace.
More on the Spoke 14:
http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/nun.asp

I look forward to reading more of your insights.

RAM

gilgal
07-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I intend to add all this to the database so that you have a list pair on the left hand navigation and each of the pair would open the text highlighted in a pair of iframes so that you can compare both texts.

I haven't added these yet.
Actually these were saved from previous postings in other forums. When I realized that my postings were being deleted I decided to save it first on my desktop. So here they are.

gilgal
08-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Psalm 102 and 14th epistle Hebrews.

Looking for from heaven/the earth

Psalm 102
15So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
16When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
17He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
18This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
19For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;

Hebrews 12
25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29For our God is a consuming fire.

The King James Bible has 3 verses matching looked down + from heaven. (the 3rd is a parallel psalm 53 that is almost word for word with psalm 14 and says God instead of the LORD).

Psalms 14:2
The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
Psalms 53:2
God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Psalms 102:19
For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;

The King James Bible has 2 verses matching garment + They shall perish + shall wax old.

Psalms 102:26
They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
Hebrews 1:11
They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

The the link isn't limited to these verses alone:

Looking for and the heavens are the work/hands/laid the foundation of the earth/garment/They shall perish/shall wax old/as a vesture shalt thou/and they shall be changed/But thou art the same, and thy years shall

Psalms 102
25Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
27But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

Hebrews 1
10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

gilgal
10-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Looking for from heaven voice mount sion defile angel

Consider the fact that the 144 000 are Hebrews, 12 000 from each tribe of Israel. Hebrews is also to whom the epistle is primarily addressed to.

Hebrews 12
1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
18For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
19And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake: )
22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel.
25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29For our God is a consuming fire.

Revelation 14
1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Hey Richard what do you think of chaste and virgin in spoke 14?

Hebrews talks about not turning away the voice speaking from heaven. Revelation 14 mentions the angels speaking from heaven with their warnings.

Richard Amiel McGough
10-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Looking for from heaven voice mount sion defile angel

Consider the fact that the 144 000 are Hebrews, 12 000 from each tribe of Israel. Hebrews is also to whom the epistle is primarily addressed to.
Hey there Gilgal,

I think this is a major connection. The word "Zion" (or Sion) appears in the NT only in Rev 14 and Hebrews on Spoke 14. I think the Hebrews 12:22 explains the vision of Rev 14. Mount Zion is the Church, and the 144,000 are the first Jewish believers, the firstfruits unto God in the Church of the firstborn.

Hey Richard what do you think of chaste and virgin in spoke 14?

Hebrews talks about not turning away the voice speaking from heaven. Revelation 14 mentions the angels speaking from heaven with their warnings.
I don't see any connection there. Did I miss something?

gilgal
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Does virgin have anything to do with chastity? and the 12th chapter repeats chaste many times.

I might find some links in 14 about defiling.

Esau was mentioned to be a fornicator in the same chapter ( 12 ) of Hebrews and contrast the 144 000 virgin men in Rev 14.

gilgal
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Looking for in their mouth for they zion/sion sing/sung/song

Zephaniah 3
1Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!
2She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.
3Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.
4Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
5The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.
6I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.
7I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
8Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
9For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
10From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
11In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
12I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
13The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
14Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
16In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
17The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
18I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
19Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
20At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Revelation 14
1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Richard Amiel McGough
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Looking for in their mouth for they zion/sion sing/sung/song
That's a good hit too! There is a lot on Spoke 14 linked to Revelation 14 on that amazing capstone Inner Wheel. Let's look at the link in a little more detail:

Zephaniah 3:12-15 I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD. 13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. 15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

There so much fulfilled prophecy in this little passage. So much glory of Christ revealed through the Old Testament prophets! It is speaking of the Remnant of Israel, the Christian Church born in the first century, just like Paul taught, quoting Isaiah "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved" (Romans 9:27). Indeed, "they shall trust in the name of the LORD" just as Paul said: "all who trust in the name of the Lord [Jesus] shall be saved!" (Rom 10:13) Indeed, God hath "taken away [our] judgments" in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Such an amazing Scripture. And it fits perfectly with the interpretation of the 144,000 with the Lamb no Mount Zion in Rev 14 as the Church of Christ, as it is written on Spoke 14 in Hebrew 12:22:

Hebrews 12:22-24 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Thanks gilgal! :sunny:

Richard

gilgal
10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Here's another one:

Looking for rest labour/labor work gospel/preach

Hebrews 4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Revelation 14

gilgal
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Going on to Joshua 14 and 2 Chronicles 14 ( Book 14: chapter 14).

Looking for rest land war

Joshua 14
1And these are the countries which the children of Israel inherited in the land of Canaan, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, distributed for inheritance to them.
2By lot was their inheritance, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses, for the nine tribes, and for the half tribe.
3For Moses had given the inheritance of two tribes and an half tribe on the other side Jordan: but unto the Levites he gave none inheritance among them.
4For the children of Joseph were two tribes, Manasseh and Ephraim: therefore they gave no part unto the Levites in the land, save cities to dwell in, with their suburbs for their cattle and for their substance.
5As the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did, and they divided the land.
6Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea.
7Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.
8Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.
9And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.
10And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
11As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.
12Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.
13And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.
14Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.
15And the name of Hebron before was Kirjatharba; which Arba was a great man among the Anakims. And the land had rest from war.

2 Chronicles 14
1So Abijah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his stead. In his days the land was quiet ten years.
2And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God:
3For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves:
4And commanded Judah to seek the LORD God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.
5Also he took away out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images: and the kingdom was quiet before him.
6And he built fenced cities in Judah: for the land had rest, and he had no war in those years; because the LORD had given him rest.
7Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.
8And Asa had an army of men that bare targets and spears, out of Judah three hundred thousand; and out of Benjamin, that bare shields and drew bows, two hundred and fourscore thousand: all these were mighty men of valor.
9And there came out against them Zerah the Ethiopian with an host of a thousand thousand, and three hundred chariots; and came unto Mareshah.
10Then Asa went out against him, and they set the battle in array in the valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.
11And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let no man prevail against thee.
12So the LORD smote the Ethiopians before Asa, and before Judah; and the Ethiopians fled.
13And Asa and the people that were with him pursued them unto Gerar: and the Ethiopians were overthrown, that they could not recover themselves; for they were destroyed before the LORD, and before his host; and they carried away very much spoil.
14And they smote all the cities round about Gerar; for the fear of the LORD came upon them: and they spoiled all the cities; for there was exceeding much spoil in them.
15They smote also the tents of cattle, and carried away sheep and camels in abundance, and returned to Jerusalem.

gilgal
10-29-2007, 07:03 PM
again in Joshua and 2 Chronicles 20.

Looking for rest land drive/out

Joshua 14
1And these are the countries which the children of Israel inherited in the land of Canaan, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, distributed for inheritance to them.
2By lot was their inheritance, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses, for the nine tribes, and for the half tribe.
3For Moses had given the inheritance of two tribes and an half tribe on the other side Jordan: but unto the Levites he gave none inheritance among them.
4For the children of Joseph were two tribes, Manasseh and Ephraim: therefore they gave no part unto the Levites in the land, save cities to dwell in, with their suburbs for their cattle and for their substance.
5As the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did, and they divided the land.
6Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea.
7Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.
8Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.
9And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.
10And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
11As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.
12Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.
13And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.
14Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.
15And the name of Hebron before was Kirjatharba; which Arba was a great man among the Anakims. And the land had rest from war.

2 Chronicles 20
1It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
2Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi.
3And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
4And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
5And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court,
6And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
8And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying,
9If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
10And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not;
11Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit.
12O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
13And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.
14Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
15And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
16To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
17Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
18And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
19And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
22And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
23For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
24And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
25And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.
26And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day.
27Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, and Jehoshaphat in the forefront of them, to go again to Jerusalem with joy; for the LORD had made them to rejoice over their enemies.
28And they came to Jerusalem with psalteries and harps and trumpets unto the house of the LORD.
29And the fear of God was on all the kingdoms of those countries, when they had heard that the LORD fought against the enemies of Israel.
30So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.
31And Jehoshaphat reigned over Judah: he was thirty and five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned twenty and five years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi.
32And he walked in the way of Asa his father, and departed not from it, doing that which was right in the sight of the LORD.
33Howbeit the high places were not taken away: for as yet the people had not prepared their hearts unto the God of their fathers.
34Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.
35And after this did Jehoshaphat king of Judah join himself with Ahaziah king of Israel, who did very wickedly:
36And he joined himself with him to make ships to go to Tarshish: and they made the ships in Eziongaber.
37Then Eliezer the son of Dodavah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, Because thou hast joined thyself with Ahaziah, the LORD hath broken thy works. And the ships were broken, that they were not able to go to Tarshish.

gilgal
10-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Here's an interesting one:

Looking for righteousness peace/salem king

Romans 14
1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Hebrews 7
1For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
11If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
14For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
20And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
21(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
22By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
23And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
24But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
28For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

Richard Amiel McGough
10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Here's an interesting one:

Looking for righteousness peace/salem king
Dude! That's a sweet keylink! It appears only in Romans 14 and in Hebrews on Spoke 14. Excellent find! :congrats: Thanks.

Also, it links to the whole "what is the real kingdom of God" topic that links the New Jerusalem to the heavenly Jerusalem of Hebrews. Paul defined what the Kingdom is not in Rom 14:17:

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The Jewish theocratic kingdom was VERY concerned about eating and drinking and 613 commandments and all that. Not so :nono: with the Kingdom of God!

Richard

gilgal
11-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Did you check the ones before that?
Especially this:
http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2968&postcount=10

Richard Amiel McGough
11-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Did you check the ones before that?
Especially this:
http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2968&postcount=10
Yep - they look good too. The "big theme" of "rest" here seems very significant since it is based on the Nun KeyWord Nuach (rest) whence the name "Noah."

Richard

Victor
11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Gilgal,

There are too many good links in this thread. The "Hebrews" theme is very strong.

As Richard pointed out, Rest has a close relationship to Spoke 14 and you post important links with this theme. I've always enjoyed the links in Hebrews 4, where it repeatedly talks about rest.

Hebrews 4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Check it out: Hebrews is on Spoke 14 and so correlates with the Nun KeyWord Noach (Rest). But we know there is a commandment in the Bible to rest. What commandment is it? It is the 4th! And Rest appears in Hebrews 4! We witness a convergence between 4 and 14!

But that's not all!! In which day were the Hebrews supposed to rest? The seventh day. And the whole discussion in Hebrews is based on the quote from Psalms 95:

Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Psa 95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Note that Psalms 95 is on Spoke 7 of the Inner Cycle of Psalms!! God's Rest is mentioned in a chapter 7 modulo 22. And when did God swear (= sheba = 7) that the Hebrews would not enter into His Rest? The answer loops back to Spokes 4 and 14!!

Numbers 14 - Book 4, Chapter 14
(23) Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
(28) Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:
(29) Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,
(30) Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

We see a tight relationship between the Number 7 with its heart (Number 4) and its double (Number 14)! What a glorious wisdom in the complex tapestry of the Holy Bible!!

Victor

Victor
11-01-2007, 02:39 PM
There's one more link I can't resist commenting about. It is such an obvious link because Revelation 14 is quoting Zephaniah!!

Zephaniah 3
13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

Revelation 14

I'm pretty sure that scholars classify Revelation 14:5 as a formal allusion to Zephaniah 3:13. Compare the Greek:

Zep 3:13 LXX οι καταλοιποι του Ισραηλ και ου ποιησουσιν αδικιαν και ου
λαλησουσιν ματαια και ου μη ευρεθη (found) εν τω στοματι αυτων (in their mouths) γλωσsα δολια (guile) διοτι αυτοι νεμησονται και κοιτασθησονται και ουκ εσται ο εκφοβων αυτους

Rev 14:5 και εν τω στοματι αυτων (in their mouths) ουχ ευρεθη (found) δολος (guile) αμωμοι γαρ εισιν ενωπιον του θρονου του θεου

Revelation 14:5 really seems to draw from Zephaniah. Combining with the facts that Zephaniah speaks of the Daughter of Zion as the Remnant of Israel and commands her to sing, the integration is complete.

We once more see the exegetic power of the Bible Wheel. There is the quote above from Hebrews on Spoke 14 which speaks of Mount Sion, Heavenly Jerusalem and God's voice linking perfectly to Revelation 14.

So, we have two books on Spoke 14, Zephaniah and Hebrews, providing a host of symbols that combine to enlighten the exegesis of Revelation 14!

gilgal
11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Gilgal,
But that's not all!! In which day were the Hebrews supposed to rest? The seventh day. And the whole discussion in Hebrews is based on the quote from Psalms 95:

Note that Psalms 95 is on Spoke 7 of the Inner Cycle of Psalms!! God's Rest is mentioned in a chapter 7 modulo 22. And when did God swear (= sheba = 7) that the Hebrews would not enter into His Rest? The answer loops back to Spokes 4 and 14!!

We see a tight relationship between the Number 7 with its heart (Number 4) and its double (Number 14)! What a glorious wisdom in the complex tapestry of the Holy Bible!!

Victor

Thanks Victor! Can you run through the quote above?
So Psalm 95 is on the 7th cycle of 22 right? But the remainder I didn't understand.

I'm also hoping to hear your findings on the subject. Thanks.

gilgal
10-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Gilgal,

There are too many good links in this thread. The "Hebrews" theme is very strong.

As Richard pointed out, Rest has a close relationship to Spoke 14 and you post important links with this theme. I've always enjoyed the links in Hebrews 4, where it repeatedly talks about rest.

Check it out: Hebrews is on Spoke 14 and so correlates with the Nun KeyWord Noach (Rest). But we know there is a commandment in the Bible to rest. What commandment is it? It is the 4th! And Rest appears in Hebrews 4! We witness a convergence between 4 and 14!

Victor
It's strange. I was hoping to find the phrase enter into my rest in Numbers 14 but didn't find it. It's only in Psalm95 and Hebrews 4.

I say strange because rest is associated with the number 4 (commandment 4) but not found in Numbers 14.