PDA

View Full Version : Alphabetic Integration with Kingship (Malki) in the Inner Cycle of Joshua

Victor
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
One of the endless obvious miracles within the structure of the Bible Wheel is the integration of the consecutive letters that spell "my king" (malki - Mem Lamed Kaph Yod) with their corresponding Books on the Wheel: 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings and 1 Chronicles. This is explained in the article Alphabetic Integration with the History of the Kingdom (http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Kingdom.asp).

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/myking_table.gif

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/BW_MyKing.gif

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/mykingbellcurve.gif

The distribution of the word King goes higher on the Spokes that correspond to the letters that spell this very word!

A very similar phenomenon is found in the Inner Cycle of Joshua. A search for "king*" in the book of Joshua yields the following word distribution:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2960oyh.jpg

Note that the references to kings in this book are densely concentrated in Chapters 10, 11, 12 and 13, which correspond exactly to the letters that spell Malki! The average number of hits in these chapters is 24.25, whereas in the remaining chapters the average is 1.29!

Once again the Bible demonstrates its self-reiterative structure!

Victor

Victor
01-18-2009, 08:18 AM
If we examine the actual content of Joshua 10-13 we will find that the the alphabetic integration with the theme of the kingdom is even stronger than what is displayed above.

When we compare the mentions of "king" in Books 10-13 to those in Joshua 10-13, we notice a very clear distinction. From 2 Samuel to 1 Chronicles, the "kings" referred to are predominantly those in the Davidic dinasty. In Joshua 10-13, the "kings" are all Gentile kings who oppose God's People and their leader, Joshua, who are taking over the Promised Land.

The alphabetic correlation between Joshua 10-13 and Books 10-13 is therefore based on contrast. In the books of the kings, we read about God's kings, and in Joshua 10-13, we read about kings who oppose God.

Is this association legitimate? No doubt! Letters 10-13 of the Hebrew Alphabet spell the word Malki found in Psalm 2, which means "My King", the Davidic King anointed by God.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king (malki) upon my holy hill of Zion.But that is not the only meaning of the word Malki! It is also a construct form, meaning "King(s) of". The word Malki also appears with this sense in Psalm 2!
Psa 2:2 The kings of (malki) the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

In Psalm 2 Malki is also referring to the "kings of the earth" who take counsel against the Lord and His Leader! Does that remind us of anything in the Book of Joshua? Oh, yes. The kings of the land of Canaan were not happy that Joshua was taking each one of their cities! In Chapter 10 we read about their helping each other in reaction to Joshua's growth.
Jos 10:3 Wherefore Adonizedek king of Jerusalem sent unto Hoham king of Hebron, and unto Piram king of Jarmuth, and unto Japhia king of Lachish, and unto Debir king of Eglon, saying,
Jos 10:4 Come up unto me, and help me, that we may smite Gibeon: for it hath made peace with Joshua and with the children of Israel. Jos 10:5 Therefore the five kings of (malki!) the Amorites, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, the king of Eglon, gathered themselves together, and went up, they and all their hosts, and encamped before Gibeon, and made war against it.

This event triggers the defeat of many kings in Canaan, and Joshua's victory over the kings of the land are narrated in Chapters 10-13!

Jos 12:1 Now these are the kings of (malki) the land (aretz, as in Psalm 2:2, "kings of the earth") which the children of Israel smote, and possessed their land on the other side Jordan toward the rising of the sun, from the river Arnon unto mount Hermon, and all the plain on the east. Just as in the Historic Books we read of Malki ("My King", God's Davidic king), in Joshua we read of Malki ("Kings of" the land of Canaan, who opposed God). And this link is mediated by one passage, the Second Psalm, which speaks of Malki in both contexts! Not only that, but it also speaks of the same themes: the kings of the land (2:2) and the Davidic King (2:6).

Victor
01-18-2009, 05:27 PM
The conquered kings of Canaan and the Davidic Kings are set on different historical periods. But they are joint types of the same antitypical scenario. The ultimate Davidic King is Christ and the kings of the land of Canaan who conpired against Him are the Roman authorities together with the wicked Jewish leaders.

This is explained in the book of Acts:

Act 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
Act 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said (in Psalm 2), Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
Act 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ (= Anointed, the Davidic King).
Act 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
Act 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Rose
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
The conquered kings of Canaan and the Davidic Kings are set on different historical periods. But they are joint types of the same antitypical scenario. The ultimate Davidic King is Christ and the kings of the land of Canaan who conpired against Him are the Roman authorities together with the wicked Jewish leaders.

This is explained in the book of Acts:
Act 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
Act 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said (in Psalm 2), Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
Act 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ (= Anointed, the Davidic King).
Act 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
Act 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Excellent insights Victor, :thumb:

Another incredible insight these verses in Acts 4 gives us is in understanding Rev. 17:18.
18) And the woman which thou saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.
What was prophesied in Psalm 2....fulfilled, and explained in Acts 4....then applied again in Rev. 17:18, thus giving us wisdom in interpreting the power that the wicked Jewish leaders (the Woman) had over the Gentile rulers.

God Bless,

Rose

Victor
01-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi Rose! I post some comments about that on the thread about Mystery Babylon (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10822&postcount=289).

Victor

Victor
01-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I think I could explicit in word one thing in the graph that is visually obvious:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2960oyh.jpg

The four letters that spell Malki (King(s) of) are the four central words of the Alphabet: Yod, Kaph, Lamed and Mem, Letters 10, 11, 12 and 13. And the four chapters that have the greatest number of references to "king*" in Joshua are chapters 10, 11, 12 and 13!