PDA

View Full Version : Mathematical Gematria

CWH
05-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

In this thread, I wold like to introduce a system, which for lack of a suitable term, i called it Mathematical Gematria. Prophetic biblical numbers should not usually be read at face values as they may contain secret codes. Readers should have noted that I used a very unique system in analysing Biblical numbers for the past several years in some of my posts in this forum. This is actually a modified form of mathematical method used in the Bible which I adopted from the article in the internet titled "Math and the Bible". I also incorporated Biblical numerology into the system to give a better understanding of what the numbers are trying to reveal. So far, I find the system very interesting and useful in analysing Biblical numbers. It is worth a try. The advantages of Mathematical Gematria over the usual gematria are:

1. It is the mathematics used in the Bible
2. Mathematics is a standard universal language understood by all and throughout all ages
3. Is is easily validated by all
4. There are far less confusing interpretations of biblical numbers using standard mathematical calculations unlike the usual gematria which used different languages and systems as their base.
5. It is easy to use.

My Modified Mathematical Gematria system is based on the following rules as adopted from the article "Maths and the Bible" :

1. My system used addition and subtraction as the main operators in analysing Biblical numbers. Use only one operator for calculation whenever possible.
2. Other operators such as multiplication, division, algebra etc. are to be used as a last resort when addition and subtraction methods failed.
3. Numbers for analysis as presented in the Bible must not be moved for their original place for the calculations e.g. 1290 cannot be changed into other numbers for calculation such as 2109, 1920 etc. Thus the numbers that can be used in the calculation using my system in this case are 1290, 129, 12, 1, 0, 90, 290, 29, 2.
4. Use the best resulting number/numbers that meet the context of the passage you are analyzing
5. Numbers can be separated for calculations on base 10 e.g. 2300 can be separated as 2000 and 300, 153 can be separated as 100 and 53 etc.
6. Analysis of the numbers can be done using biblical numerology, gematria or any numbering system as deem appropriate such as the periodic table of elements etc.

Please click the link for more details on the maths used in the article "Math and the Bible" :

http://www.biblicalblueprints.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MathAndBible.pdf

Below are the excerpts from the above article of the examples of the mathematics used in the Bible:

When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters. So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died (Genesis 5:3-5 NASB).

Among other things, this particular passage states that:

130 + 800 = 930.

An example of multiplication is contained in the New Testament, where it says:

And when they had come to Capernaum, those who collected the two drachma tax came to Peter, and said, “Does your teacher not pay the two drachma tax?” He said, “Yes.” And when he came into the house, Jesus spoke to him first, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth collect customs or poll-tax, from their sons or from strangers?” And upon his saying, “From strangers,” Jesus said to him, “Consequently the sons are exempt. But lest we give them offense, go to the sea, and throw in a hook, and take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a stater. Take that and give it to them for you and me” (Matthew 17:24-27 NASB).

Now, a stater is equivalent to four drachmas. Therefore, the passage is saying (among other things), that:

(2 drachmas/person) x (2 persons) = 4 drachmas, or more simply still,

2 x 2 = 4.

A subtraction problem is contained in:

In the fourth year the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid, in the month of Ziv. And in the eleventh year, in the month of Bul, which is the eighth month, the house was finished throughout all its parts and according to all its plans. So he was seven years in building it” (1 Kings 6:37-38 NASB).

Or, 11 - 4 = 7.

There is reference to the magnitude of pi (see 1 Kings 7:23-26) wherein the diameter and circumference of a circular bath are specified. It should be noted that the breadth of the container brim needs to be taken into account, 18 at which point it is clear that the value of pi obtained by dividing the circumference by the corrected diameter is within 1 percent of the actual value of pi. Since the measurements themselves are not absolutely precise (an error of 1/8 percent in the diameter measurement would account for the difference in the calculated value and actual value of pi), the correspondence is remarkable indeed.

Fractions are mentioned in Leviticus 27:27 and 32, and inequalities are either mentioned or implied in Matthew12: 41-47 and Genesis 18:24-32. So it appears that the basic operations of arithmetic are presumed in various scriptural passages.

The Axioms of Arithmetic

We have seen evidence of the use of mathematics in Scripture. In addition, the rules of arithmetic are presumed. To see how this is so, let us examine the basic axioms of arithmetic:

1. a + 0 = a (additive identity)

2. a + b = b + a (commutative law of addition)

3. (a + b) + c = a + (b + c) (associative law of addition)

4. a x 1 = a (multiplicative identity)

5. ab = ba (commutative law of multiplication)

6. (ab)c = a(bc) (associative law of multiplication)

7. a(b + c) = ab + ac (distributive law of addition)

8. If a = b, then b = a (reflexive law)

9. If b = c, then b + a = c + a (identical addition operation)

10. If b = c, then ab = ac (identical multiplication operation)

11. a + (-a) = a - a = 0 (definition of -a)

12. a x 1/a = 1(a pi) (definition of 1/a)

The methods used to show that these axioms are illustrated in Scripture are basically the same as those used for any scriptural exegesis. Scripture is used to clarify Scripture, equivalent statements (mathematical in this case) are substituted where necessary, and any established generalization is used to help establish other generalizations (axioms in this case). Let us illustrate this commutative concept with the law of addition:

For from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two, and two against three (Luke12:52 NASB).

This passage is a clear illustration of the axiom that

a + b = b + a; specifically, it states that 3 + 2 = 2 + 3.

A second illustration of one of the axioms is the following:

Rule 3: Associative Law of Addition: (a + b) + c = a + (b+ c)

(i.e., parentheses in addition processes don’t matter):

The sons of Elioenai: Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah and Anani-seven in all (1 Chronicles 3:24 NIV).

Or, 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7.

The son of Dan:

Hushim.

The sons of Naphtali:

Jahziel, Guni, Jezer and Shillem.

These were the sons born to Jacob by Bilhah, whom Laban had given to his daughter Rachel-seven in all(Genesis 46:23-25 NIV).

Or, (1 + 1) + [1 + (1 + 1 + 1 + 1)] = 7

Thus, we have two separate parenthetical additive groupings yielding 7-an example showing that parentheses don’t matter with addition (i.e., the associative law of addition is true).

The third and most complicated axiom is the following: a(b + c) = ab + ac (distributive law of addition).

When they brought their offering before the Lord, six covered carts and twelve oxen, a cart for every two of the leaders and an ox for each one, then they presented them before the tabernacle. Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Accept these things from them, that they may be used in the service of the tent of meeting, and you shall give them to the Levites, to each man according to his service.”

So Moses took the carts and the oxen, and gave them to the Levites. Two carts and four oxen he gave to the sons of Gershon, according to their service, and four carts and eight oxen he gave to the sons of Merari, according to their service, under the direction of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest (Numbers 7:3-8 NASB).

These passages (in effect) state the following:

(1) 2 (carts) + 4 (carts) = 6 (carts)

and

(2) 4 (oxen) + 8 (oxen) = 12 (oxen)

From Matthew 17:24-27, we find that 2 x 2 = 4. Using this in (2) above yields:(3) (2 x 2) + 8 = 12

From the Old Testament:

And twelve lions were standing there on the six steps on the one side and on the other; nothing like it was made for any other kingdom (1 Kings 10:20 NASB).

Or, 12 = 2 * 6. Thus, (3) becomes:

(4) (2 x 2) + 8 = 2 x 6.

Now, Numbers 7:3-8 is used again for 6 = 2 + 4, transforming (4) into:

(5) (2 x 2) + 8 = 2 x (2 + 4).

But if a man dies very suddenly beside him and he defiles his dedicated head of hair, then he shall shave his head on the day when he becomes clean; he shall shave it on the seventh day. Then on the eighth day he shall bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the priest, to the doorway of the tent of meeting (Numbers 6:9, 10 NASB).

Or, 7 + 1 = 8.

There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers (Proverbs 6:16-19 NASB).

Or, 7 = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) + 1.

Substitute (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) + 1 for 7 in the expression for 8:

[(1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) + 1] + 1 = 8.

Using our associative law of addition, we have:

8 = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1) + (1 + 1 + 1 + 1).

From 1 Chronicles 9:24, we have:

The gatekeepers were on the four sides, to the east, west, north, and south.

Or 4 = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1)

Thus 8 = 4 + 4; or, 2 4’s are 8-simply shorthand for saying 8 = 2 x 4

- See more at: http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=55#sthash.qsvi0Uxn.dpuf

God Bless.:pray:

CWH
05-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Below are some of the interesting Mathematical Gematria used by me:

Revelation Number 1260:

1260 is 60 - 12 = 48 (?1948, the year of Israel's independence)
or 12 + 60 = 72 (?1972 the Munich Olympic massacre)

(Note* Here you need to use the best outcome number/numbers that meet the context you are analyzing).

Originally Posted by CWH
Hi all,

Another Amazing number-date curiosity I have Just discovered. It 's Really Amazing! In prophetic number one should not based it at face value as it could contains secret codes:

Daniel numbers found in Chapter 12 are 1290 and 1335.
In my previous post, I have mentioned that the number 13 + 35 = 48 (?1948, the year of Israel's independence. I have also mentioned in my previous post that 67 - 48 = 19 i.e. the 20th century. Note also that 19 + 48 = 67.

1335 - 1290 = 45

Now 1335 is 35 - 13 = 22
Add 45 + 22 = 67 (?1967, year of liberation of Jerusalem in 1967 Six Day War)

Therefore Daniel's number 1335 could represent 1948 or 1967. My personal view is 1967.

Now 1290 is 90-12 = 78
Add 1 + 29 + 0 = 30
78 - 30 = 48 (?1948, year of Israel's independence)

Therefore Daniel's number 1290 could represent 1948, year of Israel's independence.

Now the verse in Daniel 112:11 can be interpreted as:

"From the period of Israel's isolation from the Muslim's occupation into the modern times, it will be 1948 when the year of Israel's independence is established. Happy and blessed are those who waited until 1967 when Jerusalem is liberated".

Daniel 12:11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

Eureka!

God Blessed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi SnakeBoy and David M,

There are more Really Amazing date-number curiosity that you may want to shout EUREKA! The numbers seem to prove Daniel's numbers 1290 and 1335 are 1948 and 1967 respectively:

Note: 1335 - 1290 = 45
Note: (1+9+6+7) + (1+9+4+8) = 45 (?1945 end of WW2)

Add 1290 + 1335 = 2625
Now Add 1948 + 1967 = 3915 (Note: 39 +1 +5 = 45)

Now the magic:
1290 + 1335 + 1290 = 3915 (Note: 39 +1 +5 = 45)
1290 +1335 + 1335 = 3960 (Note: 39 + 6 + 0 = 45)
or
45 + 3915 = 3960 (Note: 39 + 6 +0 = 45)

Another magic:
1290 + 1335 + 1948 = 4573 (Note: 4 + 5 + 7 + 3 = 19)
1290 + 1335 + 1967 = 4592 (Note: 4 + 5 + 9 + 2 = 20)
4592 is 92 - 45 = 47
47 + 20 = 67

Note: 1967 - 1948 = 19
1948 + 19 = 1967

We know that 1945 is the year of the end of WW2.
I also mentioned in my previous post to look out for year 2015, 2022 and 2023; not sure what major events may happen.

I don't believe in Gematria in date calculations, I believe in Mathematics as it is the universal language.

God Blessed.

God Bless.:pray: