PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Adamic Period ?

duxrow
10-22-2013, 06:47 AM
:huhsign: Have we considered what led to the flood spoken of in Genesis 1:2, to cause the earth to become "without form, and void"?

Jer4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light".

God didn't create it that way, Isa45:18, but He doesn't tell us what happened to cause the earth to become flooded in Genesis 1:2. Maybe He sent the water to put out a horrific fire, and/or maybe this first flood was what killed the dinosaurs rather than an ice-age event so often mentioned.

"Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished.." 2Pet3:6 From the context (and if 'perished' means everybody drowned except eight and the animals), it seems that Peter WASN'T speaking of Noah's Flood.

When Genesis 1:28 used the word "replenish", it gives us reason to consider how a pre-Adamic age may have included dinosaurs and neanderthals. It's the same word as used in Gen9:1 after Noah's Flood. :yo:

sylvius
10-22-2013, 07:14 AM
:huhsign:

When Genesis 1:28 used the word "replenish", it gives us reason to consider how a pre-Adamic age may have included dinosaurs and neanderthals. It's the same word as used in Gen9:1 after Noah's Flood. :yo:

that's a good one.

Genesis 1:28, וּמִלְאוּ אֶת הָאָרֶץ

Genesis 9:1, וּמִלְאוּ אֶת הָאָרֶץ

Just that "malei" doesn't mean replenish

By the way, I see that Noach wasn't told to subdue it = rape her (the woman)

As a consequence of the favor he did find in the eyes of the Lord?

Genesis 8:

"I will no longer curse the earth because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth, and I will no longer smite all living things as I have done.

duxrow
10-22-2013, 07:37 AM
"If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me", saith the LORD. Jer3:1

Yep, the woman is being described as "LAND"... A place to plant seed! :winking0071:

Hindsight! and He watches over his WORD.. The instruction for Noah to 'replenish' fits the Genesis One account, as well as supporting the pre-Adamic era and the modern assertion of the extreme age of Planet Earth. :thumb:

sylvius
10-22-2013, 07:45 AM
"If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me", saith the LORD. Jer3:1

Yep, the woman is being described as "LAND"... A place to plant seed! :winking0071:

Hindsight! and He watches over his WORD.. The instruction for Noah to 'replenish' fits the Genesis One account, as well as supporting the pre-Adamic era and the modern assertion of the extreme age of Planet Earth. :thumb:

"Replenish" is just faulty translation of KJV.

Original sin was that Adam followed his wife, contrary the commandment "subdue her".

duxrow
10-22-2013, 08:35 AM
OK Sylvie, "Faulty Translation" received, but rejected. :p
What does your tea leaf tell you about Maachah the mother of Abijam and Asa -- those kings which follow after David/Solomon/Rehoboam .. You conclude Abijam and Asa were brothers?

1K15:2 and 15:10 for Abishalom.. (Love that name!) :thumb:

sylvius
10-22-2013, 09:47 AM
OK Sylvie, "Faulty Translation" received, but rejected. :p
What does your tea leaf tell you about Maachah the mother of Abijam and Asa -- those kings which follow after David/Solomon/Rehoboam .. You conclude Abijam and Asa were brothers?

1K15:2 and 15:10 for Abishalom.. (Love that name!) :thumb:

Period :winking0071:

Rashi on Genesis 1:28

and subdue it: The“vav” [in וְכִבְשֻׁהָ is missing, [allowing the word to be read וְכִבְשָׁה, the masculine singular imperative] to teach you that the male subdues the female that she should not be a gadabout (Gen. Rabbah 8:12), and it is also meant to teach you that the man, whose way it is to subdue, is commanded to propagate, but not the woman (Yev. Yev. 65b).

John's lamb of God we saw as a wordplay with "kavash" = to subdue, to subjugate, to rape.

See: The-risen-Christ (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?5071-The-risen-Christ)

"keves elohim"

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqeFdvNoGyPu5b3YiiiiyD_hPey6tdH FXDhEYtptrW2KecH-r_RQ

That the commandment to subdue the female fails in Genesis 9:1 might indicate that the flood didn't wash away the sin of the world.

duxrow
10-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Period :winking0071:

John's lamb of God we saw as a wordplay with "kavash" = to subdue, to subjugate, to rape.
See: The-risen-Christ (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?5071-The-risen-Christ)
"keves elohim"
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqeFdvNoGyPu5b3YiiiiyD_hPey6tdH FXDhEYtptrW2KecH-r_RQ
That the commandment to subdue the female fails in Genesis 9:1 might indicate that the flood didn't wash away the sin of the world.
:thpeace_dove_olive_ He's the Son of God, the Messiah, and the Word of God and the Seed of God, and you can confirm those appellations in any English language Version of the Bible. John1:14, John4:26, 1Pet1:23

He's also the Lamb of God, John1:29, and the Lion of the tribe of Judah, Rev5:5, plus the "Rock", 1Cor10:4, and the "chief cornerstone", Eph2:20, and the Stone rejected by many.. hah

2Pet2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.. 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: :eek:

In John's Gospel, He's the True Bread, Jn6:48, the Light of the World, Jn8:12, the Door, Jn10:9, the Good Shepherd, Jn10:14, and the True Vine, Jn15:1. These metaphoric titles should encourage us to THINK, and to consider the analogies, rather than ignorant ideas of mortal men.. Amen?:thumb:

sylvius
10-22-2013, 10:42 AM
There is no "pre-Adamic period".

Time only began with Adam's sin.:eek:

duxrow
10-22-2013, 11:39 AM
:arghh: Humor me, Sylvie -- When God said "Light, Be.." was is dark before that? And was that before Adam was created? What kind of Light was it? Since Sun & Moon were on 4th day, maybe that spoke of the Light of the World, Jesus?

Sayonara for now.. so you don't really need to answer.:sCh_supersmilie:

sylvius
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
:arghh: Humor me, Sylvie -- When God said "Light, Be.." was is dark before that? And was that before Adam was created? What kind of Light was it? Since Sun & Moon were on 4th day, maybe that spoke of the Light of the World, Jesus?

Sayonara for now.. so you don't really need to answer.:sCh_supersmilie:

Is it not the same light John was talking about, a light the darkness couldn't grasp?