PDA

View Full Version : Still breathing?

duxrow
09-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Are you breathing?
God breathed into Adam, Gen2:7, and he became a living soul with a body. Later we learned about the spirit.

Jesus breathed on his apostles, John20:22, and they became life giving spirits. He didn't say 'pretty please' -- he said "Receive ye the Holy Ghost"!

The Apostle Paul spoke of "Spirit, Soul, and Body" in 1Thes5:23, and how the spirit may be divided from the soul... :Investigate:

Heb4:12 "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart"

Now it's available for any whosoever to receive the "God breathed WORD", 2Tim3:16, for themself!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness - 2Tim3:16 KJV :yo:

duxrow
09-02-2013, 11:54 AM
2Pet 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost". 2Pet 1:21, Meaning Isaiah and Jeremiah didn't just decide one day to write a book--NO, they were moved by Our Holy Ghostwriter!

Some folks don't believe in the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit/Spirit-of-Truth, or that we are a type of 'Trinity', or maybe they have been told that 'speaking in tongues' is of the Devil.. hah! :mmph:

Richard Amiel McGough
09-02-2013, 12:08 PM
2Pet 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost". 2Pet 1:21, Meaning Isaiah and Jeremiah didn't just decide one day to write a book--NO, they were moved by Our Holy Ghostwriter!

Some folks don't believe in the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit/Spirit-of-Truth, or that we are a type of 'Trinity', or maybe they have been told that 'speaking in tongues' is of the Devil.. hah! :mmph:

Speaking in tongues is an excellent example of how the Bible is utterly useless as a guide to anything. The most devout believers come to opposite conclusions. Some say that you are not even saved if you don't speak in tongues while others say that you are definitely not saved if you do speak in tongues because they believe tongues are from the devil.

And on it goes. Has any book in the history of the world produced more contradictory beliefs than the Bible? The Bible is Babel. It even says "God is not the author of confusion". If that's true, then one thing we know for sure - God is not the author of the Bible!

duxrow
09-02-2013, 01:51 PM
:chores015: Sounds like you're a living example, RAM, who've listened to what people SAY, rather than what the Bible says. It really makes no difference what 'others say'!
And now we're in the DAYS spoken of in Book #55 - spoke eleven..

2Tim4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

No comment about "breath" in Genesis linked to John and 2nd Tim..?

Well, I give you this...you're at least being honest about your beliefs, rather than hiding it in a closet somewhere, like a scalawag.. :arghh:

duxrow
09-02-2013, 03:02 PM
:deadhorse: At the JUDGMENT, Ram, you might technically be classified with the OT "Children" who listen first to their parents and peers (like much of humanity),
but your skill and expertise in the classics is likely to earn you a trial as an Adult.. :huhsign:

There's an interesting account in Nehemiah 8:12 where they "laughed with great mirth" after having heard the scripture explained "to their understanding". Says to me, Richard, that you aren't liable to be laughing at all ! :eek:

Richard Amiel McGough
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
:chores015: Sounds like you're a living example, RAM, who've listened to what people SAY, rather than what the Bible says. It really makes no difference what 'others say'!
And now we're in the DAYS spoken of in Book #55 - spoke eleven..

2Tim4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

No comment about "breath" in Genesis linked to John and 2nd Tim..?

Well, I give you this...you're at least being honest about your beliefs, rather than hiding it in a closet somewhere, like a scalawag.. :arghh:
Now wait a minute, Sir Dux! Are you saying you are not a person, or are you saying I should not listen to what you said? Which is it?

If you don't want me to listen to what people like you say, why are you SHOUTING :arghh: so much? :lmbo:

It appears you are suggesting that I should only listen to people who speak for God (like you) whereas all those other people aren't "real Christians" because they disagree with you?

How can you think I am the man deserving judgment, when all I've done is shown how Christians are divided on almost every topic the Bible touches?

Speak in tongues? The Bible says YES! NO! MAYBE!
Trinity? The Bible says YES! NO! MAYBE!
Premillenial Rapture? The Bible says YES! NO! MAYBE!
etc.

Don't blame me. I'm just the messenger. An angel!

Richard Amiel McGough
09-02-2013, 04:07 PM
:deadhorse: At the JUDGMENT, Ram, you might technically be classified with the OT "Children" who listen first to their parents and peers (like much of humanity),
but your skill and expertise in the classics is likely to earn you a trial as an Adult.. :huhsign:

There's an interesting account in Nehemiah 8:12 where they "laughed with great mirth" after having heard the scripture explained "to their understanding". Says to me, Richard, that you aren't liable to be laughing at all ! :eek:

Exactly what will I be judged for? Speaking TRUTH that contradicts your religious beliefs?

duxrow
09-02-2013, 05:08 PM
You said:"Now wait a minute, Sir Dux! Are you saying you are not a person, or are you saying I should not listen to what you said? Which is it?"
So, Richard, Now we're just bandying words, instead of responding to the post, but of course you know my message has always been "read the Bible" -- that's the authority, not me, and it's ok with me if you read it differently: like you don't agree about the 2 malefactors and 2 thieves, and you don't agree about the 66 generations... although I would hope you'd see it my way, instead of seeing all those 'alleged discrepancies'.

As I've said before, I 'preciate this forum to expose truth from the Bible, in comparison to the religious rot like 'holy spirit of the devil'.. hah!

ps: over and out, Later, gator

duxrow
09-03-2013, 07:42 AM
So, Richard, Now we're just bandying words, instead of responding to the post, but of course you know my message has always been "read the Bible" -- that's the authority, not me, and it's ok with me if you read it differently: like you don't agree about the 2 malefactors and 2 thieves, and you don't agree about the 66 generations... although I would hope you'd see it my way, instead of seeing all those 'alleged discrepancies'.

As I've said before, I 'preciate this forum to expose truth from the Bible, in comparison to the religious rot like 'holy spirit is of the devil'.. hah!

ps: over and out, Later, gator
God provides Wives!
1. The wife for Adam came from a rib. (Maybe us, too?)
2. The Holy Spirit led Rebekah to water the camels and become wife to Isaac. Gen24:16
3. dancing daughters of Shiloh for the 600 Benjamites on the Rock Rimmon. Judg20.
4. Now the Holy Spirit is seeking wise/foolish? wives for the Bridegroom. Matt25

5. A wife of whoredoms was urged upon Hosea -- a story to illustrate the wickedness of the Northern Kingdom of Israel and how it would impact the Southern Kingdom of Juda.

(1). So Hosea took Gomer to wife, and her firstborn was a son 'Jezreel'.
(2). Her secondborn was a daughter 'Loruhamah'. (Call her Laura?)
(3). Her 3rdborn was another son 'Loammi'. (Call him Larry?)

The children are representing a group or family of people who either follow JHVH faithfully or not (using fig. of speech: synecdoche), and this story is an allegorical warning to those who may have strayed from the right path.

More importantly perhaps, is how this 'marriage theme' encompasses all 66 books of the Bible. Similar to the way God's breath is found in Genesis, John, and 2Timothy.

Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

The 'breath' in Genesis that God breathed into Adam; then the breathing of Jesus into his apostles, and thirdly, the theo-pneustos (God-breathed) WORD of 2Tim3:16.:focus:

duxrow
09-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Whoops! He wants to impregnate us with Jesus! Can you believe it??
Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

'Play it again, Sam'.. all about the 'New Birth' :winking0071: