PDA

View Full Version : $$$ The Bible is really about MONEY! $$$

Richard Amiel McGough
03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I was watching Sid Roth's "That's Supernatural" and Craig Hill was on pushing his money book called "Wealth, Riches, and Money." He made an assertion that I also found in Chapter 1 (http://www.alccmo.org/alcc/bookstore/wealth_riches_money.htm#Part%20One:%20Balance%20In %20Financial%20Wisdom%20Pages%203,%204%20&%205) of his book. Here it is, highlight red:

In beginning a discussion on personal financial management, we had to ask the question, “Does God have anything to say about money in the Bible?” Many people consider the Bible to be a book pertaining to spirituality, but not to such mundane matters as personal management of money. As we began to study this topic in the Bible, we were amazed to discover that the New Testament contains nearly ten times as many verses regarding money and finances as it does salvation and faith. The New Testament actually contains 215 verses pertaining to faith, 218 verses pertaining to salvation, and 2084 verses dealing with the stewardship of and accountability for money and finance. Sixteen of Jesus’ thirty-eight parables deal with money.
Are those stats correct? Does the New Testament really contain only "218 verses pertaining to salvation" and "2084 verses dealing with ... money and finance"? That's a ratio of almost TEN TO ONE!

It seems to me that these numbers are pure fantasy. This caught my attention because I was talking to a neighbor a few months ago and he made a similar assertion. I asked if he had checked the evidence or if it was just "something he had heard" and it turned out to be the latter, of course. It seems to be pretty typical falsehood propogated by pretty typical false teachers.

Does anyone here have a source of this falsehood? Who first propagated it? Who are the primary culprits in popularizing it? Has anyone actually produced a list of the "215 verses pertaining to faith" and the "218 verses pertaining to salvation" and the "2084 verses pertaining to $$$ MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$"?

Richard

Richard Amiel McGough
03-13-2008, 12:00 AM
I was researching the source of these lies and found this little gem from the World at War (http://unclewormwood.wordpress.com/2007/04/15/to-tithe-or-not-to-tithe-that-is-the-question/) blog:

If Jesus says something, do you think it matters? (It is a rhetorical question, and I hope you didn’t say no!) If Jesus says something a lot, do you think it really matters? For a little perspective on money in general, in the New Testament, there are 215 verses pertaining to faith, 218 verses pertaining to salvation, and 2,084 verses dealing with the stewardship of and accountability for money and finance. Sixteen of Jesus’ thirty-eight parables deal with money. ('Wealth Riches and Money' (http://www.alccmo.org/alcc/bookstore/wealth_riches_money.htm) And tithing specifically is the second most talked about concept in the Bible after love. Let me repeat that, after love, the second most discussed thing is tithing. Of all the things that number two could have been, repentance, sin, forgiveness, marriage, etc, the Bible, the Inspired Word of God, choose to talk about tithing. Maybe we need to listen.

Maybe we need to listen? How about "maybe we need to read the Bible and check our facts?!" That statement in red is one of the most outrageous absurd falsehoods! It represents the total BRAIN ROT that has infected the so-called "Christian" churches that preach the false and perverted prosperity anti-gospel. Anyone with resources to post a blog also has the resources required to check such a simple claim. As it turns out the word "tithe" occurres in only 32 verses in the KJV. Compare this with the over 1000 verses that contian the words listed in the post quoted above:

love 443 verses
sin 389 verses
repentance 105 verses
forgiveness 98 verses

TOTAL 1035

The statement in the blog is an outrageous and inexcusable error. This is why the EVIL WOLVES preaching the false doctrine of $$$ MONEY WORSHIP $$$ get away with their heinous crimes. They can say whatever they want because they know that the sheep will just nod their heads and say "Amen" as they fill the collection plate!

My blood boils when I witness these perverse LIES propagated to steal money in the name of Christ.

Richard