PDA

View Full Version : where to begin

timotheus
03-01-2008, 08:56 PM
using the biblewheel as a guide, where does one begin reading for devotional purposes, Spoke 1 proceeding through the entire in sequence?

tks
timothy

timotheus
03-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Gematria is a word generally associate with Jewish mysticism and the Kaballa. My concern is the propensity for misuse either out of ignorance or design. Divination is not something I am aware is looked on favorably by God. Please correct any misconceptions I may have about this issue.

Tks
Tim

Richard Amiel McGough
03-02-2008, 09:21 AM
using the biblewheel as a guide, where does one begin reading for devotional purposes, Spoke 1 proceeding through the entire in sequence?

tks
timothy
Hi Timotheus,

Welcome to our forum!

:welcome:

My first thought is that the Bible Wheel wouldn't add much to a devotional reading per se because it's more like a study tool. It gives a large-scale vision of the unity of the Bible, and how all the parts fit together. You question is a bit like asking how to use Strong's Concordance in your devotional reading. I guess the answer ultimately depends on how you define "devotional reading" versus "Bible Study." I don't actually separate the two because everytime I open the Bible I'm always reading it for devotion and for study. It's kinda like a full devotion means you fully use your heart and your mind, and therefore you use all the available tools to understand God's Word as best as possible.

As for the more general question of "where to start" in a study of the Bible Wheel, I would say that Spoke 1 is the obvious place to begin. It's where I started in the review of the 22 Spokes in the Bible Wheel book. But that systematic approach was necessary because I was writing a book on the subject. It might not work that well for other folks because different Spokes emphasize different things, and some things are just more relevant than others for different folks at different times. And some Spokes have a very large amount of material and take a long time to read, while others are small and all the material can easily be read in an hour or two.

Hope that helps,

Richard