PDA

View Full Version : Book of John

Christan
02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Well I have had a sinus headache for over 48 hours and this mornig I made some coffe and started reading John. Guess what is happening to my headache ?? Oh it is still there but the WOrd is doing its job and I feel better. So I would like to focus on the following. ""[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now taking VernonJenkins work into consideration I think it is safe to say that Jesus Christ is indeed the Word made Flesh literally. I would also include the Hebrews surrounding him at the first advent be they blessing or curse. Now I ask what was the condition of the human races flesh and blood prior to the the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ ? What are the conditions now of the human body in Christ ? Well Paul in his first letter describes the nature of the worldly flesh at the time of the second advent. He also describes a bit about the nature of the saved.
Hasnt the body of Chirst been built on the written and spoken word and the result ( works that followed)? Isnt the history of our family tree also the history of the Churches ? I think that it is safe to say that the nature of bloodlines has weight. Of course that isnt PC. Peace .Christan

Brother Les
02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Christan
Well I have had a sinus headache for over 48 hours a salt water flush (rinse) in the sinuses will open them up and help drain them out.

Now I ask what was the condition of the human races flesh and blood prior to the the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ ?

dead

What are the conditions now of the human body in Christ ?

alive

I think that it is safe to say that the nature of bloodlines has weight. Of course that isnt PC. Peace .Christan

Natural man - Spiritual man.....they are nothing with out Grace. Works or bloodline does not come into the picture.

Brother Les

Richard Amiel McGough
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Natural man - Spiritual man.....they are nothing with out Grace. Works or bloodline does not come into the picture.

Brother Les
:thumb:

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Christan
02-22-2008, 02:15 PM
:thumb:

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. What about the fact that those not written if the book of life recieve a mark that will eventually cause the flesh to become plagued ? I suppose I can see that could not have anythingto do with bloodlines but I wonder. And thank you for this without chastisment as usual that seems to be the rule around here and I treasure that :) After all it is Love that makes us whole. Peace Christan:yo:

Richard Amiel McGough
02-22-2008, 02:24 PM
What about the fact that those not written if the book of life recieve a mark that will eventually cause the flesh to become plagued ? I suppose I can see that could not have anythingto do with bloodlines but I wonder.

I think Revelation was fulfilled back in the first century, so I don't believe there will be a future "mark." The idea of a "mark" is obviously spiritual, because the believers were "marked" with the name of God in their foreheads in contrast to those who servered the beast 666.

And thank you for this without chastisment as usual that seems to be the rule around here and I treasure that :) After all it is Love that makes us whole. Peace Christan:yo:
Amen to that! Who need's "chastisement" when all we are doing is working together to understand God's Word?

I'm glad you find peace and fellowship here brother Christan,

Richard

Christan
02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I think Revelation was fulfilled back in the first century, so I don't believe there will be a future "mark." The idea of a "mark" is obviously spiritual, because the believers were "marked" with the name of God in their foreheads in contrast to those who servered the beast 666.

Amen to that! Who need's "chastisement" when all we are doing is working together to understand God's Word?

I'm glad you find peace and fellowship here brother Christan,

Richard There is so much diversity here as far as mind goes. and we are all doing what was commanded. Richard this place sets the bar pretty high in love and understanding. I sense much more will be given to your work because you have been so response able. I pray for that . Peace.Christan