PDA

View Full Version : A list of gaps

David M
07-25-2012, 01:15 AM
I would like us to build up a list of the gaps we see need explaining by Evolutionists or scientists. Gaps are where we have no evidence of small changes taking place over time, resulting in the transition from one form (species/kind) to another. What might seem possible to Evolutionists (given enough time) which they do not have the evidence for, to Creationists looks impossible with out God.

What we suggest is a gap, might not be, if there is evidence to explain it away.

I would like us to get to a list of what the major stumbling blocks in Evolution Theory are. For example, in getting to the first simple cell involves the formation of RNA or DNA so that is covered by citing the self-formation of the simple cell as a gap, but if you think the formation of DNA or any component of a simple cell is the first major gap, then list it and we can refine the list as it grows.

In order to try and find a solution to what science observes and what God might have created, Richard and I are prepared to start from the simplest cell. To get to this stage it was conceded that God might have made the first cell. Prior to this, we do not have an answer to how the universe came into existence from nothing or from pure energy. These are two of the gaps to start our list. A few days ago I thought of another problem to be explained which might turn out to be a gap and so I put this as number 3 on the list. We can subtract from the list as the problems/gaps get explained away, which will keep the list to a minimal size.

When putting forward your suggestions of what you regard is a gap, please give a short reason why you think it is a gap. For example, number 3 on my list is the gap from self-feeding species to dependent feeding species. What do I mean? The simple cell has to take in nutrients in order to divide and grow. Just as bacteria cells are grown in a culture medium, so the first simple cells would have got their nutrients from the environment in which they were formed. So long as cells can take in nutrients, the cells live long enough to divide before they die of old age, the cells will continue to multiply and grow. We can see the process continuing. In the case of mammals, for example, of which humans are mammals, how did babies come to be dependent on its mother for food once the baby was born and detached from its umbilical cord? A baby while it is in the womb is being fed from the bloodstream of its mother via its umbilical cord. Once the baby is born, the baby dies if not fed milk. What was the first example of this happening or any instance of what gave birth having to provide food for its offspring?
How do we explain the first dependency for living cells/species to be fed by an independent feeder? If the parent feeds the offspring by instinct, this is another problem to solve. How did instinct develop? I will put that as number 4 on the list and now leave you to add what you see are great problems to be explained away. Later, if we have a lot of contributions, we can take a poll to determine the top ten.

List of Gaps;

1. Formation of matter from nothing or from pure energy.

2. The formation of the simplest cell.

3. Transition from self-feeding species to dependent feeding species.

4. Instinct

Please add to the list.

David