PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Life

Rose
07-07-2012, 07:16 PM
A short video on how life could have possibly begun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC84Bm7pZgA

David M
07-27-2012, 04:15 AM
A short video on how life could have possibly begun...

At least this shows the problems scientists have to tackle and that they have set about it. The conclusion I see is that they are not much further forward; they have gone from a pond to a puddle in which the first life was to have formed. Getting amino acids to self assemble and for a very basic DNA molecule is a very large problem to overcome. If supposing the first DNA was to have formed in a puddle what is the chance of happening twice or three times. If it was easy the occurrence would have been more, if it was less easy and maybe the first DNA or RNA molecule developed in a puddle, the chances of that puddle evaporating and the development and replication of that first molecule could have come to an abrupt end before it got going.

We have but one lifetime to find out the truth. Is it going to be Evolution with no purpose or Creation with a purpose?

If we believe in Evolution we have not future but to go back to dust. If we believe in Creation, we have a hope of an after-life.

Given the choice, based on what is likely to be in the future, I will go with something that gives me hope of something to look forward to.

Eternal Death is the only certainty when believing in Evolution. (A)

Eternal Death is not a certainty when believing in Creation. (B)

If you want to lay a bet as to the outcome at the end of your live, would you back the the certain favorite A (Evolution) having to stake more than you win, or would you bet on the less certain winner (B) with the chance of winning more than you stake? Whichever you choose to stake your bet on, which of the two will let you spend your winnings?

David

Rose
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
At least this shows the problems scientists have to tackle and that they have set about it. The conclusion I see is that they are not much further forward; they have gone from a pond to a puddle in which the first life was to have formed. Getting amino acids to self assemble and for a very basic DNA molecule is a very large problem to overcome. If supposing the first DNA was to have formed in a puddle what is the chance of happening twice or three times. If it was easy the occurrence would have been more, if it was less easy and maybe the first DNA or RNA molecule developed in a puddle, the chances of that puddle evaporating and the development and replication of that first molecule could have come to an abrupt end before it got going.

We have but one lifetime to find out the truth. Is it going to be Evolution with no purpose or Creation with a purpose?

If we believe in Evolution we have not future but to go back to dust. If we believe in Creation, we have a hope of an after-life.

Given the choice, based on what is likely to be in the future, I will go with something that gives me hope of something to look forward to.

Eternal Death is the only certainty when believing in Evolution. (A)

Eternal Death is not a certainty when believing in Creation. (B)

If you want to lay a bet as to the outcome at the end of your live, would you back the the certain favorite A (Evolution) having to stake more than you win, or would you bet on the less certain winner (B) with the chance of winning more than you stake? Whichever you choose to stake your bet on, which of the two will let you spend your winnings?

David

Hi David,

Of course if I were given a choice of what I would want to believe it would be eternal life, but that is not the case. People can't just believe whatever they want because it sounds better. Science would never get anywhere if it were based on what people want to believe to be true.

The Bible has far more problems of believability than does evolution, simply because evolution is built upon provable facts. Granted there are still many unknowns like the origin of DNA, but bit by bit those mysteries are getting solved. For all I know there very well could be an intelligent mind behind the origin of the universe and DNA, but what I am sure of is that the biblegod is not that intelligent mind.

Whether or not I believe in the biblegod is not going to change what happens after I die, there is either a creator or there is not and it makes no difference what I believe. There is a big difference though in what happens in this life according to what I believe. People who are totally dependent upon the biblegod to give purpose to their live are less apt to take control of their own lives and make things happen. Like the notion of "if I don't get things done myself it won't happen" versus " I'll just wait on God to do what needs to be done". My life has much more purpose now then it did when I was a Christian, because I know that if I want this world to be a better place it depends on me and others like myself to accomplish it. God is not going to step in an save the world.

Take care,
Rose