PDA

View Full Version : Hemp is Hope for our planet

Rose
05-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Hemp is a marvelous plant that has over 25,000 uses ranging from biofuels, bioplastics, building materials to edible seeds containing complete proteins and Omega 3's and Omega 6's, yet our government does not let US farmers grow it, forcing us buy it from Canada, China, India and other countries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L5YB_MDcAgc

David M
05-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Hemp is a marvelous plant that has over 25,000 uses ranging from biofuels, bioplastics, building materials to edible seeds containing complete proteins and Omega 3's and Omega 6's, yet our government does not let US farmers grow it, forcing us buy it from Canada, China, India and other countries.

Hello Rose

The quotation comes to mind; "Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves." Maybe this is the reason why the Government does not want the rope that will hang them to be home-grown.

David

Rose
05-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Hello Rose

The quotation comes to mind; "Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves." Maybe this is the reason why the Government does not want the rope that will hang them to be home-grown.

David

Hi David,

I don't understand what you mean by "Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves." Hemp has less than 1% THC content so even if someone smoked a truckload full they would not get "High". As it is now, instead of growing Hemp as a money making endeavor, we have to import it from other countries.

Rose

David M
05-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Hi David,

I don't understand what you mean by "Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves." Hemp has less than 1% THC content so even if someone smoked a truckload full they would not get "High". As it is now, instead of growing Hemp as a money making endeavor, we have to import it from other countries.

Rose

Good morning Rose

It was meant as a joke. From the video, I am talking about the Government. I am on your side on this and it is the Government that does not make any sense.
Human nature being what it is, I expect I know what the farmers would like to do to the Governement and that is why the Government would not want the home-grown hemp to make the rope that..........

Don't worry if you did not make the connection.

All the best,
David

Rose
05-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Good morning Rose

It was meant as a joke. From the video, I am talking about the Government. I am on your side on this and it is the Government that does not make any sense.
Human nature being what it is, I expect I know what the farmers would like to do to the Governement and that is why the Government would not want the home-grown hemp to make the rope that..........

Don't worry if you did not make the connection.

All the best,
David

Hi David, :yo:

Thanks for the clarification...:signthankspin:

Rose