PDA

View Full Version : Universal Antidotes to Mysogyny

Charisma
05-04-2012, 04:59 PM
This interview is based on issues arising from a book by Greg Violi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8ybJ6Yfo4

God's solutions are available to all and any who will volunteer for them, but, you can make alternative arrangements. God won't stop you.

That way, you get to keep lesser 'human rights' than the ones He's designed. Who would want second best?

By the end of the interview, if you're honest, you'll be able to answer that question. :thumb:

:pop2:

Rose
05-04-2012, 10:01 PM
This interview is based on issues arising from a book by Greg Violi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8ybJ6Yfo4

God's solutions are available to all and any who will volunteer for them, but, you can make alternative arrangements. God won't stop you.

That way, you get to keep lesser 'human rights' than the ones He's designed. Who would want second best?

By the end of the interview, if you're honest, you'll be able to answer that question. :thumb:

:pop2:

Hi Charisma,

I did watch the entire video and found it to be a bit tedious, because most of what Greg said about pride and judging was pretty generic, that is to say it's the same advice any marriage counselor would give. I did find it quite ironic though that this man who spoke so much about pride didn't really apply it to himself, because he didn't see any hubris in the fact that a male god was speaking to him about the purpose of marriage being to reveal god in the man as a "true leader" and in the woman as a "submissive bride". Who does this guy think he is speaking about the role of a woman being a "submissive bride"? I don't think a true god needs to tell a man how a woman should act, a man should focus on doing all he can do to be a good partner to his spouse. This is one of the big problems I see with the Christian idea of marriage, first you have a male god telling men, to tell women, that the men are the true leaders and the women are suppose to be submissive to them. Seems a bit lopsided on the male side to me...:p

Another funny thing was when Greg spoke of his friend who said that God revealed to him that 87% of all marriages are outside of God's will, but people still aren't suppose to leave their spouses even though they are outside of God's will...:confused:

Being totally honest, it seems that following the Christian idea of marriage which espouses male headship and female submissiveness, is second best compared to the true equality that is found in a real partnership.

Thanks for sharing,
Rose