PDA

View Full Version : Kent Hovind

Roberto
02-25-2012, 06:16 AM
I bet everybody heard about Kent Hovind if you are interested in creationism.
I like his sermons on evolution creationism.
Any news from him in prison, does he study more about this stuff in there? He got a hard sentence when he was willing to pay back the tax he did'nt pay. Was the sentence fair or unfair?

What do you think about his sermons?

David M
03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
I bet everybody heard about Kent Hovind if you are interested in creationism.
I like his sermons on evolution creationism.
Any news from him in prison, does he study more about this stuff in there? He got a hard sentence when he was willing to pay back the tax he did'nt pay. Was the sentence fair or unfair?

What do you think about his sermons?

Hi Roberto

I listened to Kent Hovind a few years ago. I downloaded his videos and listened to a lot of his radio broadcasts. I did not keep in touch with the website for a few years and it was something of a surprise to find he was in prison. Kent has a blog and it is interesting to read. He is continuing to spread the word while in prison. I have come across another person recently who has a totally different background doing good work in prisons.

Regarding Kent Hovind's Creationist Evangelism, I find his explanations for some things very good. He believes in the Creation, the Great Flood and Dinosaurs living pre-flood While I agree with many of his ideas and his rejecion of bad scientific method, I do not hold with his doctrine concerning Satan and the Devil. In this and other doctrines, he is less of a free-thinker and has fallen for the same false stories that have been derived from a handful of scriptural verses.

I think Dr Hovind's explanations concerning the Flood are very valuable. He was puting up a challenge and offering something like $150,000 if anyone would debate with him in public and who could win the debate. I do not know if he will continue with that challenge once he gets out of prison.

As I remember, Dr Dino, as he is called, was campaigning for the lies to be removed from the text books. Text books are heavily biassed towards Evolution and in some of the states, it is against the law to publish lies.

As I also remember, he was claiming that the American Constitution, there was nothing to say the American people had to pay income tax. I think this has got him into trouble with the authorities. Examine the constitution and see if he is correct. What is the legal basis for collecting income tax in the USA?

Do you have any particular claim Kent Hovind was making for supporting Creation and debunking Evolution? Because Evolution is not based on good scientific method, he claims Evolutuion is promoted more like a religion.

I will be pleased to hear your views on Dr Kent Hovind and his claims.

All the best,

David

Roberto
11-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Roberto

I listened to Kent Hovind a few years ago. I downloaded his videos and listened to a lot of his radio broadcasts. I did not keep in touch with the website for a few years and it was something of a surprise to find he was in prison. Kent has a blog and it is interesting to read. He is continuing to spread the word while in prison. I have come across another person recently who has a totally different background doing good work in prisons.

Regarding Kent Hovind's Creationist Evangelism, I find his explanations for some things very good. He believes in the Creation, the Great Flood and Dinosaurs living pre-flood While I agree with many of his ideas and his rejecion of bad scientific method, I do not hold with his doctrine concerning Satan and the Devil. In this and other doctrines, he is less of a free-thinker and has fallen for the same false stories that have been derived from a handful of scriptural verses.

I think Dr Hovind's explanations concerning the Flood are very valuable. He was puting up a challenge and offering something like $150,000 if anyone would debate with him in public and who could win the debate. I do not know if he will continue with that challenge once he gets out of prison.

As I remember, Dr Dino, as he is called, was campaigning for the lies to be removed from the text books. Text books are heavily biassed towards Evolution and in some of the states, it is against the law to publish lies.

As I also remember, he was claiming that the American Constitution, there was nothing to say the American people had to pay income tax. I think this has got him into trouble with the authorities. Examine the constitution and see if he is correct. What is the legal basis for collecting income tax in the USA?

Do you have any particular claim Kent Hovind was making for supporting Creation and debunking Evolution? Because Evolution is not based on good scientific method, he claims Evolutuion is promoted more like a religion.

I will be pleased to hear your views on Dr Kent Hovind and his claims.

All the best,

David

Hi David

Yes, maybe i think his doctrine about hell, that makes him pray for people so they don't go to hell is a little bit harsh, but it makes me feel this guy is just straightforward believer that wants people to believe Jesus. And for my part of that doctrine, i believe in punishment for people that gets away with the punishment here on earth. Believing in Jesus is the only way to get out of punishment, and believing in Jesus will make your life on earth better without using or abusing other people, but we are all guilty in some way, are you buying cheap clothes?
Welcome to the abusing lowcost-workers of Asia. People who think they can get away with abusing people to get more rich, should repent and do otherwise like the repenting Zacchaeus.
He saw Jesus in another way then Judas who also had a love for money.

Yes, i like Kent Hovind sermons very much, he knows how to put an evolutionist down to so little proof that they need to attack christianity and the bible instead. But yet people fall for evolution like every after-summer.
I would like to check out more of each thing he says, and i have for some.
Like the icca-stones that a man has admitted to fake, and then he said he was forced to admit it, and then admitting again.
Or the findings of skulls and bones fossils, and dating. And i have found videoes that explains it deeper, and nothing Kent Hovind says, is put out. So then it's for you to believe the "evolutionists" or the creationists story about the same proofs. And after hearing Kent Hovind and the other videoes, nature programs that explains that million of years did this and that, and the animated millions of years ago with featherclothed dinosaurs seems so silly and manipulative.
Kent Hovind manipulated me to believe in creationism, but it is in a good way. I'm brainwashed, but in a good way.
If it was not for the flood, Kent Hovind and many other presenting creationsim in this way, would have very little to say, but thats why i believe that they find so little proof of missing links that should be found in millions. Actually no proof, the proof they claim is so vague.

Here is his seminars
http://www.creationtoday.org/category/type/video/creation-seminars/
or downloaded here
http://www.3bible.com/kenthovind.php

Here is videoes that explains deeper.

About origin of humans, from findings of skulls and bones, and it's explanation
http://www.answersingenesis.org/media/video/ondemand/riddle/origin-of-humans

Here is about dating fossil and rocks
http://www.answersingenesis.org/media/video/ondemand/dating-fossils-and-rocks/dating-fossils-and-rocks

Here is about astronomy and the big bang theory
http://www.answersingenesis.org/media/video/ondemand/astronomy-and-the-bible/astronomy-bible

And here is about we are one race only that came from Adam that had light-brown skin
http://www.answersingenesis.org/media/video/ondemand/only-one-race/only-one-race

David M
12-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Hello Roberto

Thank you for bringing to my attention the http://www.answersingenesis.org website. You posted the links to the topics of most relevance to us at the moment, although I see there are a lot more videos available for watching and download. I have downloaded a lot of the videos to watch at sometime when I am not on line.

I noticed the present website of Dr Kent Hovind does not have the same amount of material for download. For example, the recorded radio programs archive was no longer available when I visited the new format of the website. The numebr of videos to watch and download has been reduced.

It is a pity that Dr Kent Hovind has got it so wrong about the devil and satan and the nature of Jesus. This just goes to show that despite his scientific background and much thinking about the dinosaurs, creation and the Flood, his church upbringing has had such an influence on those subjects. It is a shame he has not reasoned these things out preferring to take at face value what the Bible says and not reason things out to see that they are not the way those things should be understood. He believes Lucifer (Isaiah 14:12) to be Satan. From my conversation with some Jehovah's Witnesses, I came to the impression they had changed their thinking on that chapter and came to the right conclusion that Lucifer is referring to the King of Babylon. It just goes to show how great minds can be simply flawed when it comes to understanding the word of God. Nevertheless, I think Kent Hovind is doing a good work overall. It did not surprise me to learn that he ended up in prison because of what he was also campaigning for. I think his claim was that the American taxes have no legal basis because taxation does not form part of the American Constitution (if remember correctly). I do not have a copy of the American Constitution by which to confirm that. Obviously, with the exception Kent Hovind Americans accept the taxation laws of America.

The other campaign, which Dr Kent Hovind was vigorous on, was to get the text books removed from the education system in which the education authorities ruled that school text books do not contain lies. Unfortunately, the lies that were false evidence for Evolution are still in the text books being used in American schools, and no doubt in other countries as well. Of course, Kent Hovind would like all text books teaching Evolution to be removed from the state education system for which the American people are expected to pay their taxes.

Thanks for sharing the links and I look forward to any more links to websites you can share.

All the best

David

Roberto
12-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Hello Roberto

Thank you for bringing to my attention the http://www.answersingenesis.org website. You posted the links to the topics of most relevance to us at the moment, although I see there are a lot more videos available for watching and download. I have downloaded a lot of the videos to watch at sometime when I am not on line.

I noticed the present website of Dr Kent Hovind does not have the same amount of material for download. For example, the recorded radio programs archive was no longer available when I visited the new format of the website. The numebr of videos to watch and download has been reduced.

It is a pity that Dr Kent Hovind has got it so wrong about the devil and satan and the nature of Jesus. This just goes to show that despite his scientific background and much thinking about the dinosaurs, creation and the Flood, his church upbringing has had such an influence on those subjects. It is a shame he has not reasoned these things out preferring to take at face value what the Bible says and not reason things out to see that they are not the way those things should be understood. He believes Lucifer (Isaiah 14:12) to be Satan. From my conversation with some Jehovah's Witnesses, I came to the impression they had changed their thinking on that chapter and came to the right conclusion that Lucifer is referring to the King of Babylon. It just goes to show how great minds can be simply flawed when it comes to understanding the word of God. Nevertheless, I think Kent Hovind is doing a good work overall. It did not surprise me to learn that he ended up in prison because of what he was also campaigning for. I think his claim was that the American taxes have no legal basis because taxation does not form part of the American Constitution (if remember correctly). I do not have a copy of the American Constitution by which to confirm that. Obviously, with the exception Kent Hovind Americans accept the taxation laws of America.

The other campaign, which Dr Kent Hovind was vigorous on, was to get the text books removed from the education system in which the education authorities ruled that school text books do not contain lies. Unfortunately, the lies that were false evidence for Evolution are still in the text books being used in American schools, and no doubt in other countries as well. Of course, Kent Hovind would like all text books teaching Evolution to be removed from the state education system for which the American people are expected to pay their taxes.

Thanks for sharing the links and I look forward to any more links to websites you can share.

All the best

David

Hi there David, you must show me a website that clearly states what you believe of Satan and Lucifer and such. I don't have the time to look into all these discussions in this forum, so i have'nt reaaly understood what you believe, do you have a good website that shows it?
I like Kent Hovind very much, i don't like Ken Ham so much, not sure why.
Here is another link worth looking into for information about creationism, a forum for such discussion.

http://evolutionfairytale.com/forum//index.php?showforum=19

duxrow
12-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Try http://www.cswnet.com/~duxrow/metaphor.htm for some parallels that may apply. :yo: