PDA

View Full Version : CFWY - Gal 4:19

duxrow
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
CFWY - by Bob Smith of Foreman

The first Virgin Birth was to a woman named Mary,
and now it applies to every Tom, Dick, and Harry..
"Christ formed within You", may start out quite small,
but His Seed is the Bible for one and for all. Gal 4:19

"Christ formed within you", but your tummy stays slim,
As you learn to be holy and refraining from sin.
Fasting and praying and reading His Word...
Nine months perhaps, and his Voice will be heard! Ps29

"Christ formed within you", He's the real Mr. Right,
His yoke is easy and his burden is light.
CFWY will want the Milk of the Word.. 1Pet2:2, 1Cor3:2
You'll know him as Truth, when your heart strings are stirred.

When you've had enough milk, you'll be wanting the meat,
You'll be needing it then, to withstand the 'heat'... Heb5:12
3 years with Jesus and the "Twelve" still didn't know,
The Holy Spirit was given so we'd continue to grow! :thumb:

David M
02-18-2012, 06:54 AM
CFWY - by Bob Smith of Foreman

The Holy Spirit was given so we'd continue to grow! :thumb:

Hello Bob

Excellent poem. Thanks. I have a concern about the last line and so I expect my thoughts will provoke a number of replies.

Question. If I think I do not have the Holy Spirit, are you saying that I have the Holy Spirit anyway?

I know the apostles were given the Holy Spirit and that it could be passed on. I see that the Holy Spirit was given was in limited measure and for a limited time and come to accept that it is not given to people now as it was then. I do not see the evidence for believing the Holy Spirit is at work today in the same way. I am suspicious of claims made for miracle cures performed by the Holy Spirit, but on the other hand God is free to intervene and use His Holy Spirit (power) to heal people any time He choses. (James 5:16) "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." so God could respond and grant cures in which the Holy Spirit acted.

I read the Bible and in so doing each time I read the Bible it is having an effect on me. The word of God, can and does influence us if we are receptive to it and want it to influence us. We should stop reading otherwise. The word that is written I see as an influence on my mind and this influence I consider to be the same as a spirit. We might say it is the 'spririt of influence'. For this reason, the devil (that is our nature) or Satan (an adversary) to me are influencing spirits and not real entities.

Something I say can influence what another believes or does. That is the power of communication through language. If you tempt me with an offer, you are influencing me to take that offer. If the offer will do me harm, I could still be tempted and sucumb through the lust of my eyes.
You would be the bad influencing spirit that many will attribute to the Devil. I have no difficulty accepting the Devil as a personification in order to illustrate an easy way to see how the spirit influence works. It is as if when you are tempting me with an offer you might have sent me in an email, I can liken this to you standing next to me and whispering in my ear. I could perceive the personification of the Devil as you.

Likewise, Satan a title to anyone acting as an adversary is not a real person or entity. You could easily send me an email stopping me from doing something or arguing against me and you would be my adversary. You do not have to physically stand in front of me to block me or stand behind me to hold me back.

I can easily accept the language of the Bible and realize that the Devil and Satan are not real beings of any form at all.

This is not to say that God has not used His Holy Angels to carry out a task that can be associated with a spirit devil influence. Even God says; "I create evil" and we have to get this in the correct context.

Do you think God will mind if I think He has not created Holy Angels that disobey Him or have the disposition to do so? God has revealed that His Angels are ministering spirits that do His will" I give credit to God for having control in Heaven. It is mankind that is rebellious.

Do you think God will mind if I do not recognize the Holy Spirit is working in me though I accept and allow His Word to influence me into doing that which is correct and pleasing to him?

Do you think Jesus will mind if I see his spirit influence working in me through the written word and that Jesus is not really living inside me?
It is the spirit influence of Jesus that I accept in me.

We see on many occassions Jesus recalling scripture in times of need. We see this especially at times when Jesus was tempted like in the wilderness and when Jesus prayed that the cup might pass from him. Surely, we can see the influence of His Heavenely Father working in Jesus through the written word of the scriptures.

We also know that Jesus spent many hours in prayer. How God answered those prayers we cannot say. When Jesus was praying to His Heavenly Father, Jesus came up apparently with his own answer; "The will be done,"

There were times that Jesus had special revelations such as at the time of his transfiguration, so we know that God was showing him things and guiding him, but it was ultimately Jesus who had to decide what to do and what to ask for. That is why he did not let the power of having unlimited access to the Holy Spirit go to his head which would haved caused him to sin. Having the power available was the temptation, it did not require a literal Devil to tempt Jesus.

I hope these thought provoke an interesting discussion on your thread.

David

duxrow
02-18-2012, 01:50 PM
:yo:Question. If I think I do not have the Holy Spirit, are you saying that I have the Holy Spirit anyway?

Great question -- am thinking 'could be', maybe so... do you speak in tongues often or at all? Are you satisfied you're walking in all the ways scripture asks? But as long as we live, we can keep on growing.

I know the apostles were given the Holy Spirit and that it could be passed on. I see that the Holy Spirit was given was in limited measure and for a limited time and come to accept that it is not given to people now as it was then. I do not see the evidence for believing the Holy Spirit is at work today in the same way. I am suspicious of claims made for miracle cures...
Likewise, I'm sure; We're supposed to "prove all things and hold fast the good", so let the shysters and hypocrites go their own ways. Limited time? Where'd that come from?
I read the Bible and in so doing each time I read the Bible it is having an effect on me. The word of God, can and does influence us if we are receptive to it and want it to influence us. We should stop reading otherwise. The word that is written I see as an influence on my mind and this influence I consider to be the same as a spirit. We might say it is the 'spririt of influence'.

Sounds good to me. Keep on keeping on.

Something I say can influence what another believes or does. That is the power of communication through language. If you tempt me with an offer, you are influencing me to take that offer. If the offer will do me harm, I could still be tempted and sucumb through the lust of my eyes.

Satan works thru beautiful and talented people -- check it out with THE WORD, all 66 books.

I can easily accept the language of the Bible and realize that the Devil and Satan are not real beings of any form at all.
This is not to say that God has not used His Holy Angels to carry out a task that can be associated with a spirit devil influence. Even God says; "I create evil" and we have to get this in the correct context.

Scary, this. Remember the god of this world is satan.

Do you think God will mind if I think He has not created Holy Angels that disobey Him or have the disposition to do so? God has revealed that His Angels are ministering spirits that do His will" I give credit to God for having control in Heaven. It is mankind that is rebellious.
Do you think God will mind if I do not recognize the Holy Spirit is working in me though I accept and allow His Word to influence me into doing that which is correct and pleasing to him?

I don't think God is nervous about much... ha.

Do you think Jesus will mind if I see his spirit influence working in me through the written word and that Jesus is not really living inside me?
We see on many occassions Jesus recalling scripture in times of need. We see this especially at times when Jesus was tempted like in the wilderness and when Jesus prayed that the cup might pass from him. Surely, we can see the influence of His Heavenly Father working in Jesus through the written word of the scriptures.
There were times that Jesus had special revelations such as at the time of his transfiguration, so we know that God was showing him things and guiding him, but it was ultimately Jesus who had to decide what to do and what to ask for. That is why he did not let the power of having unlimited access to the Holy Spirit go to his head which would haved caused him to sin. Having the power available was the temptation, it did not require a literal Devil to tempt Jesus.

Don't think so, and maybe you didn't mean it this way -- access to the Holy Spirit isn't necessarily a connection to sin..
Glad you liked the Pregnant Virgin poem. Christ formed in you, Gal 4:19, is not a subject that seems to be of much interest in these parts...
Appreciate your comment; thanks much. Blessings!