PDA

View Full Version : Christian Music Videos

jce
12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought it might be fun to start a thread dedicated to music videos to give viewers an opportunity to share some of their favorites with the rest of us!

There are some very talented musicians who have committed their work to the Kingdom of God. Not the least of these is Phil Keaggy. With over 30 albums to his credit, Phil has composed some of the most beautiful melodies and combined them with meaningful lyrics to express his faith in Christ. He is also a masterful guitarist in spite of lacking a finger on his picking hand which he lost from a childhood accident.

I have posted one of my favorites here from YouTube. Although this one was written by Randy Stonehill, Keith Green and Todd Fishkind. "Your Love Broke Through"... Enjoy!

John

PS: Thank-you Richard for making it simple to post video. This is a First Class Site!!!

I also wanted to add that this video is from Phil's DVD titled "Philly Live". It's a very high quality DVD with several of his best songs including "Maker of the Universe".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k_zmoWCth4

Rose
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Skillet is a very popular Christian Rock Band...this is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c7HVDVbHvQ&feature=related

Richard Amiel McGough
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Skillet is a very popular Christian Rock Band...this is one of my favorites.

I think the song sounds great, and I love the chorus "I'm awake, I'm alive ... I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life." But it's such a strange mix of Christian and non-Christian and ambiguous concepts. I've color coded them:

I'm at war with the world
And they try to pull me into the dark
I struggle to find my faith
As I'm slipping from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake
And my strength is fading fast
You breathe into me at last

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life

(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
Stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake, and I'm alive

I'm at war with the world
'Cause I ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what, I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now it's my time I'll do what I want
'cause this is my life

(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
I'm awake, and I'm alive

Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up in the dark

I can feel you in my sleep
In your arms, I feel you breathe into me
Forever hold this heart that I will give to you
Forever I will live for you

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life

(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
I'm awake, and I'm alive

Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up
Waking up, waking up

I think Skillet is doing everything they can to conform to the "world." That's a very naughty thing for Christians to be doing ....

kathryn
12-15-2011, 07:52 AM
I thought it might be fun to start a thread dedicated to music videos to give viewers an opportunity to share some of their favorites with the rest of us!

There are some very talented musicians who have committed their work to the Kingdom of God. Not the least of these is Phil Keaggy. With over 30 albums to his credit, Phil has composed some of the most beautiful melodies and combined them with meaningful lyrics to express his faith in Christ. He is also a masterful guitarist in spite of lacking a finger on his picking hand which he lost from a childhood accident.

I have posted one of my favorites here from YouTube. Although this one was written by Randy Stonehill, Keith Green and Todd Fishkind. "Your Love Broke Through"... Enjoy!

John

PS: Thank-you Richard for making it simple to post video. This is a First Class Site!!!

I also wanted to add that this video is from Phil's DVD titled "Philly Live". It's a very high quality DVD with several of his best songs including "Maker of the Universe".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k_zmoWCth4

Great song John! And the fact that the melodies/harmony is coming from the loss of a finger is very prophetic of the whole refining process we go through in Redemption.

It is the Finger of God that engraves the stone tablets of our heart. We must have our heart circumcised or our "neck" broken from the carnal OLD "head" or uncircumcised high priest (old man/Adam) in order for the 2nd Adam and High Priest to move through us in Harmony. (for His Love to break through!)