PDA

View Full Version : A Mother's Love

Rose
12-13-2011, 07:47 PM
A mother’s love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever...shouldn't God's be the same?

Richard Amiel McGough
12-13-2011, 07:53 PM
A mother’s love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever...shouldn't God's be the same?

Is that a trick question?

No wonder Paul didn't allow women to teach! :p

CWH
12-14-2011, 07:54 AM

What if the mother is also the chief judge and many of her children have committed heinous crimes such as terrorism and murders deserving of death. What do you think the mother will do?..... fight and fight until her children are acquitted? What would you do if YOU are the mother and the Judge? Is the Chief Judge above the Law? It goes the same with God but with one difference, when God punished someone to death, He will rise Him up at a given time and forgive him when he has repented. That is what I call a Just and Merciful God. Can a Chief Judge in the country do that?... Give death sentence and then raise the criminals up after several centuries later and forgive them once they have repented and turn over a new leaf? It is God's will that no one shall perish. (2Peter 3)

Forgive us, Just and Merciful God. :pray:

Richard Amiel McGough
12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
What if the mother is also the chief judge and many of her children have committed heinous crimes such as terrorism and murders deserving of death. What do you think the mother will do?..... fight and fight until her children are acquitted? What would you do if YOU are the mother and the Judge? Is the Chief Judge above the Law? It goes the same with God but with one difference, when God punished someone to death, He will rise Him up at a given time and forgive him when he has repented. That is what I call a Just and Merciful God. Can a Chief Judge in the country do that?... Give death sentence and then raise the criminals up after several centuries later and forgive them once they have repented and turn over a new leaf? It is God's will that no one shall perish. (2Peter 3)

I like your view that none will ultimately perish. :thumb:

And yes, "God" can appear to a person as Mother in one aspect and Judge in another. And there's nothing wrong with either. But that's not what Rose was writing about. Her point was in response to Christian doctrines that say God will ultimately cast away souls to hell to suffer forever. And that's just plain wrong.

Have a great day brother Cheow Wee!

Rose
12-14-2011, 10:18 AM

Hi Cheow,

You keep bringing up the handful of people, who commit heinous crimes that you say are deserving of death. What about billions of people, who according to God's judgment are going to eternal punishment, simply because they don't believe the Christian doctrine of salvation? I don't call that justice!

All the best,
Rose

debz
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Is that a trick question?

No wonder Paul didn't allow women to teach! :p

Paul DID allow women to teach....oh, but you haven't read all those posts on the Male Bias thread yet, have you? :winking0071:

Richard Amiel McGough
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Paul DID allow women to teach....oh, but you haven't read all those posts on the Male Bias thread yet, have you? :winking0071:
Hey there Deb,

No, I haven't had time to read those yet. I just spent the last 90 minutes answering one post by Bob on the Dumbo thread which I have neglected for a week. Man, it sure takes a lot of time to process all these ideas! But I sure do love it. :D

I do intend to review your analysis of Paul and women soon. But until then, comments like the one I made here (which was half in jest anyway) will have to be based (like everything else) on my current understanding.

Thanks for your patience!

:signthankspin:

CWH
12-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Cheow,

You keep bringing up the handful of people, who commit heinous crimes that you say are deserving of death. What about billions of people, who according to God's judgment are going to eternal punishment, simply because they don't believe the Christian doctrine of salvation? I don't call that justice!

All the best,
Rose

What then is your concept of Justice? What is the millions and perhaps billions killed or punished by non-Christians, are they to go scotch-free?

BTW, i believe that eternal punishment is only reserve for the incorrigible and that all non-Christians will eventually bow down to a universal God with Christ as King. If God can easily turn stones into Abraham's children, He can easily turn non-Christians to Christians. Christian doctrine may be right, that one will be punished if they do not accept the universal God which ultimately everyone regardless of their religions will have to accept.

Well, we all know that salvation is from the Grace of God. But what criteria God uses to decide who will be saved is beyond me. I have said before that there are 2 most important commandments of Jesus i.e. to Love God with all your soul, heart and mind and the second is to love your neighbor as yourself. If a person has obeyed one of the 2 commandments, he has fully satisfy 50% of it. However, there is still the other 50% of the criteria to be met in order to stand a chance to be saved. All these must be based on doing the will of God. What do you think God will do if one only satisfy one commandment and that is to love your neighbor as yourself but REFUSE to obey Love God with all your soul, heart and mind? If you obey only 50% of your country's law and violated the other 50% and if you are caught, don't you deserved to be punished? This is justice. Is one doing the will of God by satisfying only one of Jesus 2 commandments? Obviously No. Should they be punished for disobeying the other 50%? Obviously Yes based on God's Law unless if God decides to give Grace. Based on the following passages, we should be able to understand that satisfying these 2 commandments are important criteria for entering into the kingdom of God:

Mark 12: One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, 'Of all the commandments, which is the most important?'
29 'The most important one,' answered Jesus, 'is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.'

32 'Well said, teacher,' the man replied. 'You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.'

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, 'You are not far from the kingdom of God.'

Note also that Love your neighbor is the second most important commandment out of the ten commandments. Jesus did not completely rule out the other of the ten commandments:

17 'Why do you ask me about what is good?' Jesus replied. 'There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.'

18 'Which ones?' he inquired.

Jesus replied, '‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]'

20 'All these I have kept,' the young man said. 'What do I still lack?'

21 Jesus answered, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Looking at all these criterias, it is certainly difficult for one to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The gate is wide but few will enters it. No wonder the apostles asked "who then can be saved?". Look at what Jesus replied regarding salvation is based on Grace of God:

Matthew 19:23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.'

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, 'Who then can be saved?'

26 Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'

27 Peter answered him, 'We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?'

28 Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[e] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

May God's Grace be given to all. :pray: