PDA

View Full Version : Dealers of Lightning

jce
12-08-2011, 08:30 PM
DEALERS OF LIGHTNING

It has been over 15 years since I read this unforgettable book which documents the fascinating story of the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) where some of the best young minds of the infant PC era came together in the early seventies to "brainstorm" some new product ideas for Xerox.

This group invented the Graphical User Interface (GUI), Ethernet and the Laser Printer and brought these fully functional and interactive technologies together in a live demonstration to the corporate heads at Xerox before anyone ever heard of Macintosh or Windows.

"Dealers of Lightning" is an intriguing and informative account of a great company "fumbling the ball" and losing possession of one of the greatest revolutionary technologies of our time. If you have the inclination... this is a "must read". Enjoy!!!

John

Richard Amiel McGough
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
DEALERS OF LIGHTNING

It has been over 15 years since I read this unforgettable book which documents the fascinating story of the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) where some of the best young minds of the infant PC era came together in the early seventies to "brainstorm" some new product ideas for Xerox.

This group invented the Graphical User Interface (GUI), Ethernet and the Laser Printer and brought these fully functional and interactive technologies together in a live demonstration to the corporate heads at Xerox before anyone ever heard of Macintosh or Windows.

"Dealers of Lightning" is an intriguing and informative account of a great company "fumbling the ball" and losing possession of one of the greatest revolutionary technologies of our time. If you have the inclination... this is a "must read". Enjoy!!!

John

Thanks for the tip John. It looks very interesting. Seems so long ago now. I was in my teens in the 70s.