PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Should Marijuana be legal?

Richard Amiel McGough
12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
This is a poll. Tell us what you think ... and if you feel like it, why.

Timmy
12-05-2011, 11:41 AM
It's benefits outweight the overexaggerated 'POTENTIAL' problems.

It is probably illegal now because it cannot be patented and would take alot of cash out of the corporate world's pockets (beginning with the oil industry and ending with pharmaceutical barons).:yo:

God bless us everyone!

Lil' Barefoot Timmy

Richard Amiel McGough
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
It's benefits outweight the overexaggerated 'POTENTIAL' problems.

It is probably illegal now because it cannot be patented and would take alot of cash out of the corporate world's pockets (beginning with the oil industry and ending with pharmaceutical barons).:yo:

God bless us everyone!

Lil' Barefoot Timmy
Hey there LBT,

I think you hit it on the head. Pharmaceutical companies can't make no money if all the patients are growing their own medicine in their back yards!

Pot prohibition is an exceedingly bad public policy. It makes criminals out of otherwise ordinary law abiding citizens. It wastes a lot of public money to enforce, prosecute and jail the "offenders." And it is a "double whammy" because it also removes those taxpayers from the workforce, so now our community has both lost a contributing member and gained another liability that we must keep in jail.

The pot prohibition is wrong in too many ways to count. I can't think of any justification for it at all. And besides all that, it began as a racist attack on the minorities who are harassed and arrested 15 - 1 over whites in Chicago! Look at this article:

The Grass Gap: People all over Chicago smoke pot - but almost everyone busted for it are black (http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/chicago-marijuana-arrest-statistics/Content?oid=4198958).
The ratio of black to white arrests for marijuana possession in Chicago is 15 to 1, according to a Reader analysis of police and court data. And by the time the cases make their way through the court system, the gap widens even further: the ratio among those who plead or are found guilty is 40 to 1.

TheForgiven
12-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Marijuana should be legalized. The benefits of using Marijuana are far better than it's potential threats. I believe the primary reason why it continues to be banned by the government has to do with fears of Pharmaceutical companies losing profit from prescription pain medication. If Marijuana was legal, Pharmaceutical companies would lose millions, if not billions, of dollars because people would no longer need a doctor to write him/her prescription pain medication; assuming that Marijuana actually kills pain. I personally have never tried it before, but I've heard that its pain killing effects is pretty good.

One confusing problem I've always had is why alcohol was made legal when it's catastrophic threats are far worse than someone using narcotics. I've taken narcotic pain medication for my surgeries, and even then, driving a car was no different. I wasn't head-spinning all over the place, and my decisions are just as responsive as if I had no narcotics flowing through me. Yet try driving a car after downing 5 to 6 beers. That's a far greater challenge; not that I've ever done that. :lol:

Joe

Richard Amiel McGough
12-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Marijuana should be legalized. The benefits of using Marijuana are far better than it's potential threats. I believe the primary reason why it continues to be banned by the government has to do with fears of Pharmaceutical companies losing profit from prescription pain medication. If Marijuana was legal, Pharmaceutical companies would lose millions, if not billions, of dollars because people would no longer need a doctor to write him/her prescription pain medication; assuming that Marijuana actually kills pain. I personally have never tried it before, but I've heard that its pain killing effects is pretty good.

One confusing problem I've always had is why alcohol was made legal when it's catastrophic threats are far worse than someone using narcotics. I've taken narcotic pain medication for my surgeries, and even then, driving a car was no different. I wasn't head-spinning all over the place, and my decisions are just as responsive as if I had no narcotics flowing through me. Yet try driving a car after downing 5 to 6 beers. That's a far greater challenge; not that I've ever done that. :lol:

Joe
Good points Joe! :thumb:

We're at 80% in favor right now.

Alcohol is MUCH more dangerous when it comes to driving under the influence. Just another fact that shows the inconsistency of the prohibition laws.

Brother Les
12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Do not sell drugs::stop:

The Government does not like the competition, its a cash:cow:.

(grow your own)

Richard Amiel McGough
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Do not sell drugs::stop:

The Government does not like the competition, its a cash:cow:.

(grow your own)
Well stated! :thumb:

Are you gonna vote on the poll? I'd like to see how "high" the "Yes" vote will go.