PDA

View Full Version : A Look at the Large-Scale Structure of the Universe.

Richard Amiel McGough
11-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Here's a pic of the large-scale structure of the universe from an article called Milky Way hangs by a cosmic thread (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-29/milky-way-hangs-by-a-cosmic-thread/3050580/?site=sydney).

It looks like the neural pathways in the brain ...

RC Christian
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Here's a pic of the large-scale structure of the universe from an article called Milky Way hangs by a cosmic thread (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-29/milky-way-hangs-by-a-cosmic-thread/3050580/?site=sydney).

It looks like the neural pathways in the brain ...

When I first looked at the picture and title, before reading your post, I initially thought you were making a clever joke...it looks uncannily like the brain's neural pathways.

"As above, so below. As without, so within."

~ Hermes

Do you think this is some type of ...not archetype...but you know what I mean.

Richard Amiel McGough
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
When I first looked at the picture and title, before reading your post, I initially thought you were making a clever joke...it looks uncannily like the brain's neural pathways.

"As above, so below. As without, so within."

~ Hermes

Do you think this is some type of ...not archetype...but you know what I mean.
I love that! It would indeed be a clever joke. The universe is in your head.

Rose
11-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I love that! It would indeed be a clever joke. The universe is in your head.

It is much more than a clever joke, for indeed the universe is in our heads!

Richard Amiel McGough
11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
It is much more than a clever joke, for indeed the universe is in our heads!
You've got that right babe. You're always in my mind! (Both figuratively and literally, I guess!) :hysterical:

sylvius
06-10-2012, 01:04 AM
You've got that right babe. You're always in my mind! (Both figuratively and literally, I guess!) :hysterical:

There is some way out.

Maybe even Matthew 19:10-12 is hinting at this :

The disciples said to him, “If this is the case of a man with his wife, it would be better not to marry!” But he said to them, “Not everyone can accept this saying but those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born as such from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by people, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to accept this, let him accept it.”

Years ago I used to watch the starry heaven with the naked eye. For this purpose I had made a watchpost at the roof of my house, on which I could lie on my back. The longer you watch the more it opens. And I did so during the course of the year, even for more years.
At a certain point, certain moment, I did experience mind expansion, finding myself at once in the extragalactial sphere. Like if a light was switched on. The "window" through which I looked was the Andromeda Nebula.
Since then I didn't do it no more.

Maybe this is also what Numbers 12:1 is about:

Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses regarding the Cushite woman he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman.

For Andromeda in Greek mythology is a Cushite (Ethiopian) king's daughter.