PDA

View Full Version : My Journey of Faith

Rose
11-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I came into the Christian faith with my own preconceived idea of 'God' already in place and spent the next 30 years interpreting the Bible to fit that image. My childhood perception of god was one of my own making as my parents had no religion to impose on us children. The god I created was as real to me as my parents were, and was a god of infinite love and goodness who kept me feeling secure and protected. It wasn’t until my mid 20’s that I entered into the Christian faith and mapped my childhood god onto the god I found in the Bible.

I was extremely bothered by much of the violence and treatment of women that I found in Scripture, but was for the most part able to explain it away, or push it aside and forget about it…focusing on the god of love I also found within the Bible’s pages. Throughout all those years if anyone would ask me how I knew the god of the Bible was true I would have said I know, that I know, that I know in my heart. I was absolutely, positively sure that 'God' existed because I felt his presence in me.

Then Richard rolled into my life with his Bible Wheel and further confirmed my knowing that the god of the Bible was real because he created his word with a supernatural design that no man could have placed there. The next 8 years (until about 2 years ago) were spent on a roller-coaster of new discoveries as I helped Richard present this Bible Wheel to the world. All my time was spent focusing on finding wonderful connections and patterns that seemed to pop up everywhere I looked. It was a time of magnificent discoveries that happened daily, but also it was a very frustrating time because so few people understood what the Bible Wheel was, or accepted it…consequently our dissatisfaction continued to grow.

About 2 years ago I allowed myself to start objectively looking at my faith and begin asking the questions that up to that point I had pushed aside and ignored because they had no good answers, and they only disturbed my sense of who I knew god to be. Questions like: why does god not answer prayer? Why does God allow his children to suffer needlessly? Why are my morals a whole lot better than Yahweh’s morals? Why did God allow his book to have errors, contradictions and falsehoods contained within its pages? Why does Yahweh appear to be a misogynist? And on, and on the questions went.

Finally after nearly 2 years of intense searching I came to the conclusion that the God portrayed in the Bible cannot be who he is claimed to be, and that is the creator of the universe! Now, my search continues…if Yahweh is not the creator of the universe, who is, or does the universe have a creator? These are the questions I am now asking, after the initial 'shock' of realizing the god that I was so sure of was not objectively real, but was only subjectively real and I had mapped that inner god of my own being onto the only portrayal of god I knew, which was in the Bible.

My journey continues...

Rose

CWH
11-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I came into the Christian faith with my own preconceived idea of 'God' already in place and spent the next 30 years interpreting the Bible to fit that image. My childhood perception of god was one of my own making as my parents had no religion to impose on us children. The god I created was as real to me as my parents were, and was a god of infinite love and goodness who kept me feeling secure and protected. It wasn’t until my mid 20’s that I entered into the Christian faith and mapped my childhood god onto the god I found in the Bible.

I was extremely bothered by much of the violence and treatment of women that I found in Scripture, but was for the most part able to explain it away, or push it aside and forget about it…focusing on the god of love I also found within the Bible’s pages. Throughout all those years if anyone would ask me how I knew the god of the Bible was true I would have said I know, that I know, that I know in my heart. I was absolutely, positively sure that 'God' existed because I felt his presence in me.

Then Richard rolled into my life with his Bible Wheel and further confirmed my knowing that the god of the Bible was real because he created his word with a supernatural design that no man could have placed there. The next 8 years (until about 2 years ago) were spent on a roller-coaster of new discoveries as I helped Richard present this Bible Wheel to the world. All my time was spent focusing on finding wonderful connections and patterns that seemed to pop up everywhere I looked. It was a time of magnificent discoveries that happened daily, but also it was a very frustrating time because so few people understood what the Bible Wheel was, or accepted it…consequently our dissatisfaction continued to grow.

About 2 years ago I allowed myself to start objectively looking at my faith and begin asking the questions that up to that point I had pushed aside and ignored because they had no good answers, and they only disturbed my sense of who I knew god to be. Questions like: why does god not answer prayer? Why does God allow his children to suffer needlessly? Why are my morals a whole lot better than Yahweh’s morals? Why did God allow his book to have errors, contradictions and falsehoods contained within its pages? Why does Yahweh appear to be a misogynist? And on, and on the questions went.

Finally after nearly 2 years of intense searching I came to the conclusion that the God portrayed in the Bible cannot be who he is claimed to be, and that is the creator of the universe! Now, my search continues…if Yahweh is not the creator of the universe, who is, or does the universe have a creator? These are the questions I am now asking, after the initial 'shock' of realizing the god that I was so sure of was not objectively real, but was only subjectively real and I had mapped that inner god of my own being onto the only portrayal of god I knew, which was in the Bible.

My journey continues...

Rose

I would like to put in an analogy, supposed you as a loving mother or father and your teenage child is so rebellious and evil and you have tried every means possible to change his behaviors but failed, what do you do? Chances is that you will ostracize your child yet in your heart you grieve because you still love your child but you have to "let the child learn the hard way". And if your child has learnt his lessons and repent of his wrong doings and come back to you after several years, would you still accept and help him? Or perhaps, you may ostracized him but due to your love, you give your teenage child say 20 years to learn his lessons the hard way so that as he matured he may hopefully realized his mistakes and repent. And when the 20 years is up, you will look for him to see if your child has repented of his wrong doings, if he does, you will help him and receive him back, if not, you will then ostracized him for another extended period. And if he is really incorrigible after the extended period, you will ostracized him in grieve for good as if he had not been born. This is what I would expect a really loving parents to do.

This is exactly what our loving Father is doing to everyone of us, perhaps "ostracizing" us for 2,000 years so that we have to learn our lessons the hard way to realize our mistakes and evil doings and repent to allow Him to accept us back. He will also give us another 1,000 years for those who still has not realized their evil ways and repent. What do you think He will do to His incorrigible children?... Do you think He will try to forgive them again or do you think He will forgive and forgive until a line must be drawn?

God Blessings to all.:pray:

Rose
11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I would like to put in an analogy, supposed you as a loving mother or father and your teenage child is so rebellious and evil and you have tried every means possible to change his behaviors but failed, what do you do? Chances is that you will ostracize your child yet in your heart you grieve because you still love your child but you have to "let the child learn the hard way". And if your child has learnt his lessons and repent of his wrong doings and come back to you after several years, would you still accept and help him? Or perhaps, you may ostracized him but due to your love, you give your teenage child say 20 years to learn his lessons the hard way so that as he matured he may hopefully realized his mistakes and repent. And when the 20 years is up, you will look for him to see if your child has repented of his wrong doings, if he does, you will help him and receive him back, if not, you will then ostracized him for another extended period. And if he is really incorrigible after the extended period, you will ostracized him in grieve for good as if he had not been born. This is what I would expect a really loving parents to do.

This is exactly what our loving Father is doing to everyone of us, perhaps "ostracizing" us for 2,000 years so that we have to learn our lessons the hard way to realize our mistakes and evil doings and repent to allow Him to accept us back. He will also give us another 1,000 years for those who still has not realized their evil ways and repent. What do you think He will do to His incorrigible children?... Do you think He will try to forgive them again or do you think He will forgive and forgive until a line must be drawn?

God Blessings to all.:pray:

I can't even imagine my children being so evil, or rebellious that I would ostracize them; the most important thing to me would be to try and keep communication open with my children so I could have a chance of reaching them. I am so glad I didn't use the Bible as a guide book for my parenting skills, but instead used my own intuition and compassion as a teacher. It never hurts to err on the side of kindness...:hippie:

All the Best,
Rose

debz
11-25-2011, 04:27 PM
It was a time of magnificent discoveries that happened daily, but also it was a very frustrating time because so few people understood what the Bible Wheel was, or accepted it…consequently our dissatisfaction continued to grow.

I can imagine this had to be very disheartening for both you and Richard. Hopefully this isn't "too little, too late," but as I wrote to Richard when I first discovered the Bible Wheel, it is usually indicative of being Truth if the "wise and learned" of the religious circles reject it.

'All truth goes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Then it is violently opposed. Finally it is widely accepted as self evident.' Arthur Schopenhauer, German Philosopher

Richard Amiel McGough
11-25-2011, 04:31 PM
I can imagine this had to be very disheartening for both you and Richard. Hopefully this isn't "too little, too late," but as I wrote to Richard when I first discovered the Bible Wheel, it is usually indicative of being Truth if the "wise and learned" of the religious circles reject it.

'All truth goes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Then it is violently opposed. Finally it is widely accepted as self evident.' Arthur Schopenhauer, German Philosopher
I've always liked that Schopenhauer quote - it's very true.

And yes, there was plenty of frustration, but now we rejoice that we escaped the potential trap that we might have fallen into if the Bible Wheel had been broadly accepted by evangelical Christians. We probably would never have felt the freedom to question our faith because we would have had so many connections. This happens to lots of folks who make a career out of religion. They end up as atheists preaching in the pulpit because they can't afford to lose their jobs. We're both very glad that didn't happen to us.