PDA

View Full Version : goat joke

kathryn
11-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Well...its not entertainment...but it IS entertaining! Just got this joke in my mailbox:

The Difference Between Grandmothers & Grandfathers

Have you ever wondered what the difference is between Grandmothers and Grandfathers? Well, here it is: There was this loving grandfather who always made a special effort to spend time with his son's family on weekends. Every Saturday morning he would take his 7-year-old granddaughter out for a drive in the car for some quality time -- just him and his granddaughter.

One particular Saturday, however, he had a bad cold and really didn't feel like being up at all. He knew his granddaughter always looked forward to their drives and would be disappointed. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and said that she would take their granddaughter for the drive.

When they returned, the little girl anxiously ran upstairs to see her grandfather who was still in bed. "Well, did you enjoy your ride with grandma?" he asked. "Oh, yes, Grandpa, it was really wonderful. We didn't see a single asshole, piece of crap, horse's ass, blind bastard, dipshit, muslim goat humper or son of a bitch anywhere we went!":lol::lol::lol:

Almost brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

Richard Amiel McGough
11-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Well...its not entertainment...but it IS entertaining! Just got this joke in my mailbox:

The Difference Between Grandmothers & Grandfathers

Have you ever wondered what the difference is between Grandmothers and Grandfathers? Well, here it is: There was this loving grandfather who always made a special effort to spend time with his son's family on weekends. Every Saturday morning he would take his 7-year-old granddaughter out for a drive in the car for some quality time -- just him and his granddaughter.

One particular Saturday, however, he had a bad cold and really didn't feel like being up at all. He knew his granddaughter always looked forward to their drives and would be disappointed. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and said that she would take their granddaughter for the drive.

When they returned, the little girl anxiously ran upstairs to see her grandfather who was still in bed. "Well, did you enjoy your ride with grandma?" he asked. "Oh, yes, Grandpa, it was really wonderful. We didn't see a single asshole, piece of crap, horse's ass, blind bastard, dipshit, muslim goat humper or son of a bitch anywhere we went!":lol::lol::lol:

Almost brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?
Yeah, that was funny. Gotta love the truth that comes from the mouths of children,

Just one point: I personally would be more comfortable if religious slur were removed. It's so easy to overlook things like that when they don't apply to oneself. Please don't take this as criticism. I'm just enjoying my freedom to speak openly.

kathryn
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes...I wondered about that too Richard. I guess I figured the grandpa came across as an Archie Bunker, and therefore it was more a joke on him. (And...you gotta admit...Christian wack-jobs are in that category:p) I agree with you though...and I'll watch my p's and q's!

Richard Amiel McGough
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Yes...I wondered about that too Richard. I guess I figured the grandpa came across as an Archie Bunker, and therefore it was more a joke on him. (And...you gotta admit...Christian wack-jobs are in that category:p) I agree with you though...and I'll watch my p's and q's!
Oh yeah, that makes sense. And I certainly am not inclinded to over-react to things like this. For example, I think it is insane that people are so intimidated that they have to refer to the word "nigger" as the "n-word" as if everyone's ears would melt if they heard the whole word or saw it in print. It remainds me of the pseudo-sensitivity of the women in the Victorian era who would faint at the mere mention of ordicnary facts of reality llie "Lucy's pregnat."

But on the other hand, there are contexts in which slurs slide in "under the radar" and just give me that sinking feeling of "There are people who really think that way" and so I feel a need to distance myself from that kind of stuff.

Thanks for being understand!