PDA

View Full Version : The Bible's Built-in Dictionary

heb13-13
10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey Richard,

I just read throught the thread on IsaacMozeson (sp?) and recalled one reason why I enjoy the Bible Wheel book so much. Etymology is very interesting to me and I enjoy the gems that you brought out and still do bring out of various words.

I have a question. Has there ever been a thread on the Bible's built-in dictionary? I have searched and cannot find one. I think it is fascinating how there is a built-in dictionary in the Bible (KJV). I know for sure the KJV contains it and some other translations I have checked actually damage it.

If you would like some examples, I can give some, but you probably know what am talking about. No wonder the Bible was a great school book in the pioneer days.

Blessings to you,
Rick

Richard Amiel McGough
10-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey Richard,

I just read throught the thread on IsaacMozeson (sp?) and recalled one reason why I enjoy the Bible Wheel book so much. Etymology is very interesting to me and I enjoy the gems that you brought out and still do bring out of various words.

I have a question. Has there ever been a thread on the Bible's built-in dictionary? I have searched and cannot find one. I think it is fascinating how there is a built-in dictionary in the Bible (KJV). I know for sure the KJV contains it and some other translations I have checked actually damage it.

If you would like some examples, I can give some, but you probably know what am talking about. No wonder the Bible was a great school book in the pioneer days.

Blessings to you,
Rick
Hey there Rick,

No, I don't think we've had a thread like that. But it was something that I believed when I was writing the Bible Wheel book and often mentioned it as one of the cool things about the Bible. I haven't thought about it for a long time. I think it would make an excellent thread.

So go ahead and give some examples, and we'll see where it leads.

All the best,

Richard