PDA

View Full Version : Naked and You Clothed Me.

Beck
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM
When we begin to read Matthew 25 concerning the gathering of the nations Jesus tells the righteous that they have given him meat when he was hungred and that he was a stranger and they took him in: Naked and you clothed me. Their reply was to ask when Lord did we do these things?

My question when reading this topic is how shall one understand what Matthew is revealing that Jesus was telling them?

Taking that the righteous was of the Lord and doing the works of God it would mean that this appears to be more than doing good deeds. It appears more to be relating to not so much as one physically hungred and the righteous gave them meat, but more that they gave him [one of the less my brethren/ kindreds] the bread of Life. And looking at that they saw him 'Naked' without covering [aka showing his sins] and you clothed [ hidden sins] him. I was thirty and you gave me drink. Taking that what they gave was the living waters to the less of his kindreds.

Can we made that parallel to how the righteous went about speading the good news of Christ to the nations?

Beck
09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
My thought is just as the sheep and goats are a metaphor of the righteous and unrighteous nations that would be the case as well for hunger, thirsty, stranger, naked, sick, and in prison.

Metaphor's

Hunger: Man shall not live by bread alone(Matthew 4:4), I am the Bread of Life(John 6:35), Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6).

Thirsty: Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6), But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again (John 4:14)

Stranger: Go ye to the loss sheep of Israel (Matthew 10:6) Go ye to the highways and hedges and compel to come in, that my house maybe filled (Luke 14:23)

Naked: Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth and keepeth his garments lest he walk naked and they see his shame (Rev.16:15),...white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed and the shame of they nakedness do not appear(Rev.3:18)

Sick: They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick (Matthew 9:12)

Prison: But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.(Gal.3:22), Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.(Gal.3:23)

Beck
10-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I also noticed that nakedness related symbolic to showing one sins. The uncovering of thy sins. As described in Isaiah 47 as this passage is relating to the aposate religion of Babylon.

Isaiah 47:3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

So when Jesus spoke to the righteous on his right hand, he told them that they covered his shame of his nakedness. Indicating that the righteous shined the light of the gospel and by this act covered a multitude of sins.

Also in Isaiah that 'nakedness' is a word play on the woman 'O daughter of Babylon' to her whoredom, which she played a harlot. This sounds similar dosn't it.