PDA

View Full Version : Color Symbolism

Richard Amiel McGough
03-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I think it would be interesting to establish the symbolic meanings of colors as found in a broad range of cultures and religions. I would like to know if the meanings are consistently used within the Bible and across cultures. Some of the meanings are probably near universal (archetypal) since they relate to fundamental elements we all experience, like "red blood" and "green life."

So, I will begin with the obvious use of color in the Bible:

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
White = Purity, Innocence.
Red = Sin, Guilt

We see a very interesting variation of these associations in Revelation:

Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood [red] of the Lamb.
So now the red blood becomes the means by which the red of sin is removed and replaced with the white of purity, which is explicitly called "clean" in Revelation:

Revelation 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Thus we have the expanded set:

White = Clean, Pure, Innocent, Righteousness

And "white light" is used in the description of the Transfigured Christ:

Matthew 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Mark 9:3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
And the Resurrected Christ:

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
And a few other quick observations:

Green = Life
Purple = Royality
Gold (both metal and color?) = Incorruptibility, Extreme Value, Goodness

Well, that should be enough to get the conversation going.

Richard

kathryn
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
This topic fascinates me Richard. Thanks for starting it. I hear music in colors and have also, since a child, associated place names with color. I've painted for years and it was through color, not shape and form, that I learned perspective. It's as though a part of my brain is hyper-sensitive in this area...and yet dismally slow in others. I have a learning disability that was crippling when I was a child...and it was finally through a teacher who understood how I processed information...who began to work with me in this area. Anyway...all that to say, I have been fascinated with the symbolic meaning of color for years, so I'm looking forward to seeing this thread develop.
It's interesting that leprosy is also described in scripture as being "white as snow". We see this contradiction in gematria too...as both the Holy of Holies and leprosy are 216. The moon appears white when it reflects the sun and it's diameter is 2160. It is called "the faithful witness"...but we also see a type of it in Jericho..(moon).

Richard Amiel McGough
03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
This topic fascinates me Richard. Thanks for starting it. I hear music in colors and have also, since a child, associated place names with color. I've painted for years and it was through color, not shape and form, that I learned perspective. It's as though a part of my brain is hyper-sensitive in this area...and yet dismally slow in others. I have a learning disability that was crippling when I was a child...and it was finally through a teacher who understood how I processed information...who began to work with me in this area. Anyway...all that to say, I have been fascinated with the symbolic meaning of color for years, so I'm looking forward to seeing this thread develop.
It's interesting that leprosy is also described in scripture as being "white as snow". We see this contradiction in gematria too...as both the Holy of Holies and leprosy are 216. The moon appears white when it reflects the sun and it's diameter is 2160. It is called "the faithful witness"...but we also see a type of it in Jericho..(moon).
Ah, that makes perfect sense. Folks with a well developed sense of music and art and poetry are naturally inclined towards a symbolic and metaphorical interpretations, which are required for a proper understanding of Scripture which is fundamentally parabolic. Indeed, folks commonly identify parabolic and metaphorical interpretations as "spiritual" - the irony being that they use that word as a pejorative, as if it were "bad" to be reading the Bible as if it were a "spiritual" book! :doh:

As for the "contrary" meanings of symbols and numbers. That is something folks encounter very early in a study like this. I was going to include some of the contrary meanings in my opening post, but thought it would be more fun to see how long it would take before someone else introduced that idea. Glad to see I didn't have to wait! But I don't think the "white" in leprosy is based on the color per se, but rather on the fact that the normal healthy color is missing. In other words, I doubt that "white" itself gains a symbolic value of "illness, leprosy" simply because of this association. Another example of something I thought gave a "negative" association to the color white is this verse:
Matt 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
But in this case, the "whited" aspect retains it's positive association as indicated by the fact that it "appears beautiful outward." So Christ is teaching about he deception of outward appearances. He was not using the color white as a symbol of something bad, but rather acknowledging its normal association with beauty.

Now there is an interesting possibility relating to the common value of holy of holies (Hb: davir) = 216 = leprosy (Gk: lepra). But before exploring that we need to review the facts of primary significance. It seems to me that the primary connection relates to the davir since it was physically a cube 20 x 20 x 20 and 216 = 6 x 6 x 6 is also a cube. And the concept of the davir (as the place were God spoke, davar) is a much more significant and central concept than that of leprosy. Furthermore, the primary meaning of the number 6 is found in the account of the six days of creation in Genesis 1 which is greatly amplified by the hexagonal geometry of the alphanumeric structure of those verses, and so the connection with God's speech by which the creation was enacted is profoundly connected with the Number 6 and hence the Davir = 6 x 6 x 6. In all this, the concept of "leprosy" seems quite out of place. So my first instinct would be to simply ignore the connection with leprosy as a "mere coincidence" that we frequently encounter in studies of gematria. But then again, there is an intriguing connection with the idea of violating the holy place:
2 Chronicles 26:16 But when he was strong his heart was lifted up, to his destruction, for he transgressed against the LORD his God by entering the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense. 17 So Azariah the priest went in after him, and with him were eighty priests of the LORD -- valiant men. 18 And they withstood King Uzziah, and said to him, "It is not for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the LORD, but for the priests, the sons of Aaron, who are consecrated to burn incense. Get out of the sanctuary, for you have trespassed! You shall have no honor from the LORD God." 19 Then Uzziah became furious; and he had a censer in his hand to burn incense. And while he was angry with the priests, leprosy broke out on his forehead, before the priests in the house of the LORD, beside the incense altar. 20 And Azariah the chief priest and all the priests looked at him, and there, on his forehead, he was leprous; so they thrust him out of that place. Indeed he also hurried to get out, because the LORD had struck him. 21 King Uzziah was a leper until the day of his death. He dwelt in an isolated house, because he was a leper; for he was cut off from the house of the LORD. Then Jotham his son was over the king's house, judging the people of the land.
The fact that he had to live in an "isolated house" comes from the law of leprosy:
Leviticus 13:46 All the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: he shall dwell alone; without the camp shall his habitation be.
The word "alone" is BDD = 10 = Y (the tenth letter, Yod = hand) which has a strong sense as a symbol of the "self" which is always "alone" just liket God in the Holy of Holies. So leprosy as the penalty for violation of the holy place and the consequent isolation makes a lot of sense. The punishment "fits the crime."

Now as for the diameter of the moon being 2160 miles: I have a difficult time seeing any significance in that number because it depends upon the units chosen. If we used kilometers, the number would be 3476 km. And besides, shouldn't we could use cubits if we wanted to be biblical? :p

Great chatting! I look forward to exploring the more "intuitive" aspects of Scripture. The constant debate over the literal interpretation can get quite tedious after a while.

Richard

kathryn
03-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Richard..You've made some very interesting comments in your post and I hope to explore some of them further when I'm not working. For now..just a few comments of the following:

As for the "contrary" meanings of symbols and numbers. That is something folks encounter very early in a study like this. I was going to include some of the contrary meanings in my opening post, but thought it would be more fun to see how long it would take before someone else introduced that idea. Glad to see I didn't have to wait! But I don't think the "white" in leprosy is based on the color per se, but rather on the fact that the normal healthy color is missing. In other words, I doubt that "white" itself gains a symbolic value of "illness, leprosy" simply because of this association. Another example of something I thought gave a "negative" association to the color white is this verse:

Yes, I see your point. What do you make of it being referred to as "white as snow"...as is the raiment etc.

Matt 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

But in this case, the "whited" aspect retains it's positive association as indicated by the fact that it "appears beautiful outward." So Christ is teaching about he deception of outward appearances. He was not using the color white as a symbol of something bad, but rather acknowledging its normal association with beauty.

Yes...I agree. But could it also show the leprous condition of their souls ?

Now there is an interesting possibility relating to the common value of holy of holies (Hb: davir) = 216 = leprosy (Gk: lepra). But before exploring that we need to review the facts of primary significance. It seems to me that the primary connection relates to the davir since it was physically a cube 20 x 20 x 20 and 216 = 6 x 6 x 6 is also a cube. And the concept of the davir (as the place were God spoke, davar) is a much more significant and central concept than that of leprosy. Furthermore, the primary meaning of the number 6 is found in the account of the six days of creation in Genesis 1 which is greatly amplified by the hexagonal geometry of the alphanumeric structure of those verses, and so the connection with God's speech by which the creation was enacted is profoundly connected with the Number 6 and hence the Davir = 6 x 6 x 6. In all this, the concept of "leprosy" seems quite out of place. So my first instinct would be to simply ignore the connection with leprosy as a "mere coincidence" that we frequently encounter in studies of gematria. But then again, there is an intriguing connection with the idea of violating the holy place:

Yes...I agree with all you say above....but again...there's that added reference to snow. A snowflake is hexagonal

Richard Amiel McGough
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Richard..You've made some very interesting comments in your post and I hope to explore some of them further when I'm not working. For now..just a few comments of the following:

No rush ... that's the beauty of forum software. Each conversation can wait till it's convenient to answer.

Yes, I see your point. What do you make of it being referred to as "white as snow"...as is the raiment etc.

I think "snow" was just the whitest white that folks in the ancient world could ever experience, so it became the standard.

I really don't think so, because good people, believers, could also be buried in "whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward" - the point is that the "white" looked "beautiful" but the hidden part was ugly. This would not work if the "white" was a symbol of leprosy since leprosy is ugly.

Yes...I agree with all you say above....but again...there's that added reference to snow. A snowflake is hexagonal
Yes indeed, and the phrase "of snow" sums to the value of the Greek LOGOS = 373 which is a prime that "condenses" the palindromic primes 37 and 73 which are Hexagon/Star pairs and 373 is the Logos Star which is the fractal variation of the simpler "Star of David" numbers. See here (http://www.biblewheel.com/gr/gr_373.asp):

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/LogosStar_WW.gif

kathryn
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by kathryn View Post

Richard:
I really don't think so, because good people, believers, could also be buried in "whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward" - the point is that the "white" looked "beautiful" but the hidden part was ugly. This would not work if the "white" was a symbol of leprosy since leprosy is ugly.

Just a quickie while I'm on my break. I agree that the meaning in this context certainly shows that their outward appearance was hiding the ugliness within. But, I still think the other application could provide some more depth to the expression as far as the symbolism of color is concerned(in a paradox). The word "whited" is an expression used for a wash of lime that's applied around the entrance to warn of defilement. I don't know...it appeals to me:p (can you tell my mind isnt on my work today...ha!)

kathryn
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Richard:
Now as for the diameter of the moon being 2160 miles: I have a difficult time seeing any significance in that number because it depends upon the units chosen. If we used kilometers, the number would be 3476 km. And besides, shouldn't we could use cubits if we wanted to be biblical?

Hi Richard...hmmm...I'm not sure why we would have to use cubits. The sun and moon were to be for signs. This wouldn't apply just to biblical times would it? (and isn't it the glory of God to conceal a matter..the glory of Kings to search it out?:-)
Looking at the moon another way(I am taking this from a book called "Beginnings..the Sacred Design" by Bonnie Gaunt): 3,168 is the gematria for Lord Jesus Christ.

A square superscribed on the Moon
Perimeter of square 3,168 MMi.

A square superscribed on Earth
Perimeter of square 3,1680 miles.

The diameter of the sun, 864,000 miles can be converted to 456,192 feet (dropping all zeros)
144 x 3,168= 456,192
Multiply the digits and it equals the diameter of the Moon
4 x 5 x 6 x 1 x 9 x 2 = 2,160

The Sun remains in each sign of the Zodiac for 2,160 years; and the complete circuit would take 25,920 years.
12 x 2,160 = 25,920 years
1 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 6 x 2 x 5 x 9 x 2 = 4,320
Radius of Sun = 432,000 miles
432 = All things (universe)
"Let them be for signs , and for seasons, and for days and years. (Gen. 1:14)
(There is more on the 2,160, but you get the gist:-)

CWH
03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Well, leprosy started as a white anaesthetic patch on the skin, and the Bible is correct in this aspect. Yes, it is an ugly disease but luckily 95% of humans are naturally immune to leprosy and easily treated. But how widespread was leprosy and how accurate were their diagnosis of leprosy during Jesus time in Israel is dubious. It is also interesting to know that only two animals in the world are known to be susceptible to leprosy....humans and armadillos.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3566675755_62f0afbec2_m.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprosy

http://www.dilloscape.com/leprosy.html

Many Blessings.

Richard Amiel McGough
03-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Richard:
Now as for the diameter of the moon being 2160 miles: I have a difficult time seeing any significance in that number because it depends upon the units chosen. If we used kilometers, the number would be 3476 km. And besides, shouldn't we could use cubits if we wanted to be biblical?

Hi Richard...hmmm...I'm not sure why we would have to use cubits. The sun and moon were to be for signs. This wouldn't apply just to biblical times would it? (and isn't it the glory of God to conceal a matter..the glory of Kings to search it out?:-)
Looking at the moon another way(I am taking this from a book called "Beginnings..the Sacred Design" by Bonnie Gaunt): 3,168 is the gematria for Lord Jesus Christ.

A square superscribed on the Moon
Perimeter of square 3,168 MMi.

A square superscribed on Earth
Perimeter of square 3,1680 miles.

The diameter of the sun, 864,000 miles can be converted to 456,192 feet (dropping all zeros)
144 x 3,168= 456,192
Multiply the digits and it equals the diameter of the Moon
4 x 5 x 6 x 1 x 9 x 2 = 2,160

The Sun remains in each sign of the Zodiac for 2,160 years; and the complete circuit would take 25,920 years.
12 x 2,160 = 25,920 years
1 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 6 x 2 x 5 x 9 x 2 = 4,320
Radius of Sun = 432,000 miles
432 = All things (universe)
"Let them be for signs , and for seasons, and for days and years. (Gen. 1:14)
(There is more on the 2,160, but you get the gist:-)
Hey there Kathryn,

I'm sorry to "burst your bubble" but Bonnie's books are filled with many errors in both logic and facts. I could never recommend any of her books.

Case in point: She says the diameter of the earth is 7920 miles. This is false. There are three diameters typically associated with the oblate spheroid called "Earth" and none of them equal 7920 miles. The numbers are:

Mean Diameter: 7917.51 miles (Bonnie's error: -2.49 miles)

Equatorial Diameter: 7926.33 miles (Bonnie's error: +6.33 miles)

Polar Diameter: 7899.86 miles (Bonnie's error: -20.14 miles)

This is typical of Bonnie's books. She is very sloppy with numbers (:eek:) and makes many claims that are demonstrably false. Such errors are exceedingly egregious when making claims that are supposed to prove the Bible to be designed by God, especially when those claims assert that the numbers reveal the design. The first responsibility of any proponent of Gematria is extreme precision and complete honesty. I find both missing in Bonnie's books.

All the best.

kathryn
03-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Wow...this surprises me Richard. How could anyone juggle numbers to come up with such exact patterns? and so often , and in so many varied ways? My poor little nuerons are sizzling. I can barely grasp mathematics let alone bad mathematics. I think I'd better go to bed now. Another vain imagination hits the dust.:p Thank you!

NumberX
03-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Nature is green and green is the interconnection of blue and yellow.
Yellow is seen as the color of the past and the east and blue is seen as the color of the west and the future.
God rested on the 7th day, on the seventh day the six days of creation were complete, that may be why nature is green.

Purple
Purple is at the begin of the rainbow that sometimes can be seen
http://www.planetpals.com/weather/rainbow.jpg
Purple is also a color which can sometimes be seen somewhere at the begin of the road where a new creation can begin. I won't show a photo of it, but it's at the top of a part of the male body, you may guess where it is, lol.

kathryn
03-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Number X....well, you've moved my thinking into new directions with types/symbols in the past...and you've certainly done it again with this post. :signthankspin:

NumberX
03-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi Number X....well, you've moved my thinking into new directions with types/symbols in the past...and you've certainly done it again with this post. :signthankspin:

Yeah, I'm not a dickhead :)

dan b
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Nature is green and green is the interconnection of blue and yellow.
Yellow is seen as the color of the past and the east and blue is seen as the color of the west and the future.
God rested on the 7th day, on the seventh day the six days of creation were complete, that may be why nature is green.

Purple
Purple is at the begin of the rainbow that sometimes can be seen
http://www.planetpals.com/weather/rainbow.jpg
Purple is also a color which can sometimes be seen somewhere at the begin of the road where a new creation can begin. I won't show a photo of it, but it's at the top of a part of the male body, you may guess where it is, lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Bible studyers,

I tried to decifer the Genesis order of creation. I must have read through it 100 times. Lo and behold a pattern emerged! It seems like something to me, but everybody has their blind spots. I wonder if I can be sown some additions to or critisizms of these ideas?

On the 1st day God created Heaven(space?) and Earth. Then on day two he divided Waters. On day 3 God made plants. Plants grow out of earth using water into the air towards the Fire of the Sun of Genesis day 4. So this shows the lifecycle of the 1st lifeform on this planet which is "plants."
On day 5 and 6 God created fish, birds, animals and mankind. None of these could have existed before the creation of Plants. Only plants can survive on earth and water alone. Animal bodies need biological material to cosume for nutrition. Plants are biological material made out of elemental material isn't it? So the Genesis order of creation shows a pattern of each days creation built upon the previous orders.

But what was really amazing about this pattern is how it copies the colors of Noah's rainbow. Earth is purple, Water is blue, Air(the plants that produce it) are green, The Fire of the sun is Yellow. Then on day 5 the Orange blooded fish and birds are created. On day 6 red-blooded animals and man are created. So this is the rainbow color spectrum! So maybe thats why God said to Noah that the rainbow is " the token of the covenant ...with every living creature." Gen.9;10 The colors of the rainbow therefore signify the order of the elements up to Mankind who is in the "image of God". Gen.1;27

Day 7 - Day of Rest - Pension

Day 6 - Animals/Mankind - Red - thought - brain

Day 5 - Fish/Birds - orange - emotions - eyebrows

Day 4 - FIRE - yellow - sight - eyes

Day 3 - AIR(plants) - green - hear/smell - ears/nose

Day 2 - WATER - blue - taste - mouth

Day 1 - EARTH - purple - touch - hands(genatils)

The Genesis creations of each day match the colors of the rainbow and also correspond to the 5 human bodily senses as they rise up the human body. The hands are at the bottom to touch with. The mouth is next up to taste with. On Genesis day 3 two things were created, dry land and plants. So at the 3d using air God gave us two senses, nose and ears and put them at the same level. Then higher still come the eyes, the eyebrows and at the top the brain. So we are designed as the rainbow! Miracle! dan b

NumberX
04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Well many books can be written about Gen. 1 and I don't like to be a critic and if you like to see these layers then, well.., uhm.., what can I say? I learned a quite different approach, from a professor that studied the hebrew words and his info came from the most ancient hebrew books that were available.

dan b
04-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Well many books can be written about Gen. 1 and I don't like to be a critic and if you like to see these layers then, well.., uhm.., what can I say? I learned a quite different approach, from a professor that studied the hebrew words and his info came from the most ancient hebrew books that were available.

we Christians have a new and more enlightening understanding. It's like the bright clear Sunlight compared to the dim Moonlight.

NumberX
04-05-2011, 12:25 PM
we Christians have a new and more enlightening understanding. It's like the bright clear Sunlight compared to the dim Moonlight.

Well then you probably understand that the sun and moon are also created to measure time. In the O.T. already it is Jehoshua (the hebrew name for Jesus) who was maneuvering with sun and moon (10:12-13) and that means that he was not bound to time.

The earth is not purple btw.. but that can be caused by something you might have smoked.

dan b
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Well then you probably understand that the sun and moon are also created to measure time. In the O.T. already it is Jehoshua (the hebrew name for Jesus) who was maneuvering with sun and moon (10:12-13) and that means that he was not bound to time.

The earth is not purple btw.. but that can be caused by something you might have smoked.

Funny how everyong seems to think that "brown dirt is earth." Especially when you look at rocky mountains that are bare of trees. You can see this in southern BC or in Afganistan. They look pure purple.

Dirt or soil is brown color because it is not plaine earth such as stone and rock. Dirt is full of composting vegetative matieral. Mix many colors and you get brown. But Earth/rock/ stone, when views as mountains in the Middle East appear quite purple.

The Sun and the Moon, for Christians represents the two laws or two Covenants of Moses and of Jesus. I know that Old Covenant believers cannot understand this. Or they would become New Covenant believers if they did.

.................................................. ...................................3000AD
..................THE 7th MILLENNIUM Rev.20;6 Matt.19;28.........

...................(The Promised Rest)
.................................................. ....................................2000AD

.....Law of Liberty - Ja.1;25
.....Law of God after inward man - Rm.7;22....."LAW OF THE SUN"
.....A New Covenant - Jer.31;31
.....Justified by Grace - Tit.3;7

...........JESUS CHRIST crucified......................................... .....000

.....Davidic Covanant - 2 Sam.23
.....Levitical Covenant - Num.25;12...."LAW OF THE MOON"
.....Sinaitic Covanant - Ex;19;5,6
.....Moses's Covenant - Deut.27;9

.................................................. .....................................2000BC

.....Jacob's Covenant - Gen.28;20
.....Abraham's Covenant - Gen.15;18....."THE STARS"(natural light)
.....Noachian Covenant - Gen.9;9

.....Edenic Covenant - Gen.3;15
..................Adam and Eve begin farming in Messopotamia.........4000BC

dan b
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
...................."FOLLOWING CONSCIENCE" Jn.8;9.......................

"For this is the Covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people." Heb.8;10

.................................................. .......................................
...."AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH" Ex.21;24....

All of these Covenats during this time period are concerned with Justice, Equality and fairness between Mankind. These covenants indicate how people should act among each other, and they describe the relationship between the people and the Priests and the King. They are an advance upon the governance of "natural tendancies" whose motivations are spurred on only by selfish desire.

.................................................. ......................................

.....GOVERNANCE following Natural Convenience - Rm.2;14...........

All of these Covanents are an exchange made to the mutual advantage of both parties. They are interactions where blessings are given in an exchange for obligations of allegiance and loyalty. Even an animal will make this type of exchange with his master. In Gen.28;20 Jacob vows "that if" he will be fed and clothed, and cared for and looked after,............then he will accept God as his God. This is a natural law.

dan b
04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
On the first page of the Bible the six days of Creation are described. In this narrated outline of the creation of this world, other perspectives and dimensions of existence are also synonymously and simultaneously explained. To see these schemes and to understand these other perspectives and dimensions it is necessary to most thouroughly aquaint ourselves with this Genesis Story. This is because the first 27 verses of the Genesis Creation Story contain the Bible Code.

Ignorance comes before Understanding

On the first page of the Bible is the description of the creation of this world. It is told to us in the first 27 verses. The last of God's crations on the sixth day was mankind.

The creation of this world is divided into six days. At the end of each of the days it is written that it consisted of an "evening and a morning." This would indicate that the nightime came before the light. In spiritual terms it shows that ignorance comes before understanding. And in the Bible it shows that happiness is preceeded by a life of struggle.

Each of the six days of Genesis creation has a prominent element or lifeform written into it's verses. It begins with EARTH created on the first day. Then on day two WATER was divided by a firmament. On the third day the waters were gathered apart to let DRY LAND appear. On this land PLANTS with their AIR were created. Plants and Air are interwoven. Plants need carbon dioxide which is being produced by their decomposting foliage. And Plants expell Oxogen as they grow. These Plants grow towards the FIRE of the SUN which was created on day four.

The creation of FISH, BIRDS, ANIMALS AND MANKIND had to wait until the 5th and 6th day to be created. This is because they first needed an environment to live in and food to eat. Before this they could not remain alive. This is because all these living beings require vegetative material for their digestive systems and cannot live as Plants do simply on earth, water, air and sunshine.

I myself think that this description of the material world is the best, clearest and most understanable that has ever been put into print. But into these same verses there is also a description of Mankinds 6000 year history from Adam and Eve until today

gilgal
04-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Revelation 6 mentions the 1st horse white, 2nd red, 3rd black and 4th yellow.
That's also the description of the 4 races from the 4 corners of the earth.
The 2nd church of Revelation matches the 2nd horse color: Persecution/ red as blood.
The 4th horse which the horseman is Death matches the 4th church Thyatira because Christ says that he will kill with death:

Words Searched For (http://gbgrafix.com/thewheelofgod/twotexts/code.php?type=forforum&btitle0=Revelation&btitle1=Revelation&checkresult0=31713&checkresult1=31774&txtarea0=with%20death&txtarea1=kill): with death + kill

Revelation 2
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Revelation 6
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

dan b
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Revelation 6 mentions the 1st horse white, 2nd red, 3rd black and 4th yellow.
That's also the description of the 4 races from the 4 corners of the earth.
The 2nd church of Revelation matches the 2nd horse color: Persecution/ red as blood.
The 4th horse which the horseman is Death matches the 4th church Thyatira because Christ says that he will kill with death:

I quite agree with you on this gilgal. If we at all investigate we can see that the 7 days of Genesis Creation match all of these purposfully;

1. The four elements and the two lifeforms.
....(earth, water, air, fire,/plants and animals/man

2. The 7 churches of Revelation
3. The 7 seals
4. The 7 trumpets
5. The 7 vials
6. The 7 millenniums of our history
7. The 7 stages of our growth(and a plant's growth)

When the angels cast their vials upon first the "earth", then the "sea"(water), and then the rivers(which are surrounded by the growth of plants, grass, trees ect). Then the 4th angel casts his vial upon the "fires" of lights. These four elements were much discussed and published by Aristotle. The only thing is, he must not have read Genesis. Because he listed them irrationally as "earth, water, fire, air) Well, I guesse he was preChristian. He never had the light.

NumberX
04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Funny how everyong seems to think that "brown dirt is earth." Especially when you look at rocky mountains that are bare of trees. You can see this in southern BC or in Afganistan. They look pure purple.

Dirt or soil is brown color because it is not plaine earth such as stone and rock. Dirt is full of composting vegetative matieral. Mix many colors and you get brown. But Earth/rock/ stone, when views as mountains in the Middle East appear quite purple.

It is interesting that you tell about the brown color of the soil which consists of the many other colors because it is dirt, full of composting vegetative material, I never looked at it this way. There must me more in it like rests of animal life, animals are the moving part. The globe is old and the soil has a lot in it.

Once I saw this tv program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1KBb3bhX8E) where they were smoking a plant of the soil, a mushroom, in a forest. They saw moving colors*. So maybe by smoking mushrooms the colors of the brown are split back to seperate colors. This may lead to a word study - where Gilgal is also good at - the hebrew word for mushroom may be connected to colors?

In some cultures they like(d) to eat mushrooms or drink mushroom-tea, in Mexico for example. And we men are walking around with a purple part of our body which has a bit the shape of a mushroom. We can say there is a drive to touch mushrooms (http://www.google.nl/images?hl=nl&biw=1360&bih=529&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=mushrooms&aq=f&aqi=g3&aql=&oq=) :)

About the purple rock I am not convinced yet, I looked for purple rocks on google (http://www.google.nl/search?q=purple+rocks&hl=nl&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6rqeTbWeLcyeOpnI4KsF&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1360&bih=558) but most rocks and mountains have a different color (http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&biw=1360&bih=558&site=search&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=yosemite+park&aq=1s&aqi=g-s2&aql=&oq=yosimi). I know a rock band though named deep purple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs) and a 'prince' singing about purple rain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l75skRMlXk). I don't think we walk around on a purple globe and also not that the rain is purple and the globe gets purple because of purple rain :)

Maybe in the word of the Word, in the hebrew word, a word for earth (for example eretz or adamah or tebel) or a word for rock has the same root as the hebrew word for purple, I don't know. Because the word of the Word connects the things, and the tellings, the numbers, where we can count on, count upon.

Well, did I write a nice post or what? And so various. And also with a SEVEN because there are six links in this post above this line, and one beneath. And this colorful post is written without taking a magic mushroom.

* and another effect is that the shape of faces and things gets distorted like in the move The Mask (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5DpPloJTEE&NR=1) with Jim Carrey.

2by''s
06-02-2011, 01:28 PM
how would it be for some smartie to create the NT words into color and sound [music]
say the word glory was gold
the word sin was black
the words for perfect and light was white.
the words for eternal life resurrection were green
the word for father was purple
the words of jesus in red.
something like that

would we hear the music from heaven?:yo:

Richard Amiel McGough
06-02-2011, 05:24 PM
how would it be for some smartie to create the NT words into color and sound [music]
say the word glory was gold
the word sin was black
the words for perfect and light was white.
the words for eternal life resurrection were green
the word for father was purple
the words of jesus in red.
something like that

would we hear the music from heaven?:yo:
I think that would be very cool. The possibilities are limitless. It reminds me of the old "illuminated texts" that integrated art with the text ... like this "O" in the text of the Song of Solomon which I discuss in my Spoke 22 article called The Marriage Song: Union of Christ and His Church (http://www.biblewheel.com/wheel/spokes/Tav_Song.asp):

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Tav_Alard.gif