PDA

View Full Version : The amazing division between M and N.

dan b
01-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Hello Bible studyers. I am wondering if this division between the letters M and N can be found anywhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where else I can find more information about this. Thank you

Son.................of................M........a.. ......N

A...B...C...D........................M............ ......N....................X....Y.....Z
1...2...3...4........................13........... ......14...................24...25...26
....................................."the alphabet middle"

Alph...Beta...Gama...............M................ ..N.............................Omega
..1.......2........3.................12........... .......13..............................24
...................................."Greek alphabet middle"

Gen....Ex.....Lev...............Micah............. ..Nahum.......................Rev
..1......2.......3...................33........... ........34............................66
..................................."Protestant Bible middle"

4000BC....3000BC...2000BC.....Jesus Christ.....1000AD...2000AD..3000AD
................." Jesus Christ is in middle of calendar, between BC and AD

Jesus Christ often referred to the "Son of Man." the center of the word "Man" is between the M and N. Our modern English language alphabet is also laid out in this fashion with it's center between the M and N. More than 2000 years ago the Greek alphabet with which the story of Jesus is originally written is also divided with the M and N. Both the Old Testament Hebrew Bible and our modern Protestant Bible are also divided exactly between an M and N. Jesus is the Messiah and was crucified in the center of history as our calendar shows. In the Aramaic, Greek and even in German the word "messa" means middle or center. Even in English the word "messenger" connotates the one who joins two others or middleman.

So maybe that is why the book of Micah begins by saying " the Lord cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth."(Jerusalem to be exact)Micah 1;3 The book of Nahum meanwhile begins with the words " the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth,...." Nahum 1;2

dan b
02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I wonder if I missed a simple point in this demonstration, or can no one else see it's amazing significance?

Richard Amiel McGough
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I wonder if I missed a simple point in this demonstration, or can no one else see it's amazing significance?
It looks interesting, but I'm not sure I see the "significance" since it is not a general pattern that extends to the entire Bible. Also, it doesn't quite work with the Hebrew alphabet which is divided between the 11th and 12th letters Kaph and Lamed.

So what do you think the significance is, and why?

Gematria
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Also the Hebrew Alphabet has for its beginning, middle and end the letters AMTh, which mean "Truth".

AMTh = 441
44+1 (and 4+41) = 45

ADM = 45 (Adam) This is significant because-

441 + 1 (Kolel) = 442

BA'aL ShM, meaning "Master of the Name" which is a Kabbalist who has mastered the spiritual uses of the names of God.

In Full:

ALP = 111 MYM = 90 ThV = 406
Total = 607

ADM HRAShVN = 607, meaning essentially "Adam the First"
ZRTh = 607, meaning essentially "Span" as in the span of the Alef-bet, but also Adam as the Span of Heaven.

6+0+7 = 13, AChD meaning Unity
60+7 = 67, BYNH, meaning Understanding

Finally, 607 + 1 (for the Kolel) is 608, ThRCh, the father of Abraham

So we see that the idea of beginning, middle and end has many important connections. The Middle properly is M, with L and N to either side. Together these form LMN, and have a value of 120, which is the value of the word/letter SMK, meaning "Prop" or "Support" which makes sense in a literal way, that the center most letters prop up and support that which comes before and after, or perhaps balances them.

Perhaps significantly as well is that LMN means "Liquids/Letters" according to the dictionary of Reuben Alcalay. We know that the letters are seen as vessels which contain the Light like a cup would contain liquid.

Hope this helps!

Richard Amiel McGough
02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Also the Hebrew Alphabet has for its beginning, middle and end the letters AMTh, which mean "Truth".

AMTh = 441
44+1 (and 4+41) = 45

ADM = 45 (Adam) This is significant because-

441 + 1 (Kolel) = 442

BA'aL ShM, meaning "Master of the Name" which is a Kabbalist who has mastered the spiritual uses of the names of God.

In Full:

ALP = 111 MYM = 90 ThV = 406
Total = 607

ADM HRAShVN = 607, meaning essentially "Adam the First"
ZRTh = 607, meaning essentially "Span" as in the span of the Alef-bet, but also Adam as the Span of Heaven.

6+0+7 = 13, AChD meaning Unity
60+7 = 67, BYNH, meaning Understanding

Finally, 607 + 1 (for the Kolel) is 608, ThRCh, the father of Abraham

So we see that the idea of beginning, middle and end has many important connections. The Middle properly is M, with L and N to either side. Together these form LMN, and have a value of 120, which is the value of the word/letter SMK, meaning "Prop" or "Support" which makes sense in a literal way, that the center most letters prop up and support that which comes before and after, or perhaps balances them.

Perhaps significantly as well is that LMN means "Liquids/Letters" according to the dictionary of Reuben Alcalay. We know that the letters are seen as vessels which contain the Light like a cup would contain liquid.

Hope this helps!
Hey there Gematria,

Welcome to our forum!

:welcome:

Those are some interesting insights. The connection between AMTh and the first, middle, and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet is an excellent symbolic connection since it conveys the idea of truth spanning everything from first to last. The same idea is more commonly represented with the first and last letters as in Aleph Tav, and in Greek Alpha Omega.

It is interesting that you use the full spelling of MYM = 90. I concur. I've noticed a lot of ambiguity in the full spellings, especially in Hey and Vav as used in a variety of filling of the Tetragrammaton. They use VV = 12 VAV = 13, HH = 10 and HY = 15. And then they create a hierarchy of the "fillings" of the Tetragrammaton using those variations, and then they create associations of each different spelling with one of the four worlds of ABYM. After a while, it begins to seem like pure fiction.

I notice you used "colel" twice. I do not accept that rule. It means that 1 = 2 = 3 = 4 = 5 = ... and all meaning is lost.

As for Mem being the middle letter: There is no middle letter in the 22 letter alphabet because the number 22 is even. I see therefore that you are using the 27 letters that includes the five sofit letters adjacent to their normal form. This would mean that the 14th letter, Mem sofit, would be the "middle letter." But this is not the letter used in AMTh, so the pattern doesn't "really" work. And I'm not sure how significant this would be anyway because the sofit letters are often listed at the end in numerical order. I think the true "middle letters" are Kaph and Lamed.

Anyway ... just sharing some first thoughts. Hope you don't think I was being "critical." Just opening up the conversation and letting you know sorta where I'm coming from.

Where did you learn your Gematria? Reading books, or by living teacher?

All the best,

Richard

Gematria
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi RAM,

I was going off the 27 letters not the 22, since their forms are significant even when you don't count the difference in values (IE: Finals, which I almost never use). If you count from Aleph forward 13 spaces, you arrive at Lamed, the next letter being Mem, if you count from Tav backwards 13 spaces, you arrive at Mem final, with the next letter being Mem. This is one way to count the letters at least.

The Kolel has two interpretations, I use that of the Ari'zal, which is to count +1 for the whole word. So the word AMTh = 441, + 1 for the whole is 442- and it ends there. Though I know there is another Kolel method which is different, the Ari'zal was one of the greatest Kabbalists of all time, as well as a master of Gematria.

I learned Gematria from reading books and lots of practice. I don't find your comments critical, Gematria is a very flexible system and there are many ways to interpret everything in the Bible, especially within the context of Gematria. Virtually none of the sages agree 100% on all points, thats part of the beauty of the system.

Richard Amiel McGough
02-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi RAM,

I was going off the 27 letters not the 22, since their forms are significant even when you don't count the difference in values (IE: Finals, which I almost never use). If you count from Aleph forward 13 spaces, you arrive at Lamed, the next letter being Mem, if you count from Tav backwards 13 spaces, you arrive at Mem final, with the next letter being Mem. This is one way to count the letters at least.

Oops! I miscounted because I forgot about Kaph Sofit. You are correct. The 14th letter would be Mem in that case.

But I still don't feel there is anything to be found in this particular example other than a nice way of expressing a nice idea. It doesn't feel like a truth that was "designed" into the alphabet to me, because it depends on how I choose to order the alphabet to get Mem in the middle. This contrasts with the Aleph Tav which was designed to be a "sign" of God's (Aleph) Covenant (Tav). It is revealed in Scripture and not subject to human manipulation.

The Kolel has two interpretations, I use that of the Ari'zal, which is to count +1 for the whole word. So the word AMTh = 441, + 1 for the whole is 442- and it ends there. Though I know there is another Kolel method which is different, the Ari'zal was one of the greatest Kabbalists of all time, as well as a master of Gematria.

I understand there is tradition here, and I can respect that. But on the other hand, I know traditions were invented by people, and I just don't see any good reason to be adding a unit to the value of a word. I don't see how it gives more insight. But I'm glad you are talking about it because it touches upon a much larger question. What is the real value of gematria? Merely making "connections" between words that we want to be connected? We could do that with any arbitrary assignment of letters and numbers. Folks go crazy with it using English Gematria and can pretty much arrive at any "identity" they want to "prove" whatever they want. I think it would be very interesting to discuss the general significance of Gematria. I was initially impressed, like most folks, that there was some supernatural "design" in the language that encoded religious truths. But if all we have are lists of words and numbers, then we can prove everything or nothing. There must be more to it than mere lists.

I learned Gematria from reading books and lots of practice. I don't find your comments critical, Gematria is a very flexible system and there are many ways to interpret everything in the Bible, especially within the context of Gematria. Virtually none of the sages agree 100% on all points, thats part of the beauty of the system.
You just won the Understatement of the Year Award! Congrats! :congrats:

I'm glad you found our forum. There is a lot to discuss.

dan b
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
It looks interesting, but I'm not sure I see the "significance" since it is not a general pattern that extends to the entire Bible. Also, it doesn't quite work with the Hebrew alphabet which is divided between the 11th and 12th letters Kaph and Lamed.

So what do you think the significance is, and why?

Hello RAM, Yes you are correct that the Hebrew alphabet does not center between the letters M and N. But the Hebrew Massoretic Text does.

................THE HEBREW MASORETIC TEXT

..The Law..............The Prophets.............The Writtings

1. Genesis.............6. Joshua...................27. Psalms
2. Exodus..............7. Judges...................28. Proverbs
3. Leviticus............8. I Samuel................29. Job
4. Numbers............9. 2 Samuel
5. Deuteronomy.....10. I Kings..................The five Megillot
..........................11. 2 Kings
..........................12. Isaiah....................30. Song of Songs
..........................13. Jeremiah.................31. Ruth
..........................14. Exekiel....................32. Lamentations
.................................................. ..........33. Ecclesiastes
..........................The Twelve...................34. Esther
.................................................. ..........35. Daniel
...........................15. Hosea....................36. Ezra
...........................16. Joel.......................37. Nehemiah
...........................17. Amos.....................38. I Chronicles
...........................18. Obadiah..................39. 2 Chronicles
...........................19. Jonah.....................40. Haftaroth
...........................20. Micah
.........(middle-
...........................21. Nahum
...........................22. Habakkuk
...........................23. Zephaniah
...........................24. Haggai
...........................25. Zechariah
...........................26. Malachi

Isn't this enough to show us that there is also a code embedded into this scheme? When you consider the first most original 77 book Christian Bible which the Orthodox Church still uses today it's center book is Jonah. The Catholic 73 book Vulgate Bible also centers exacty on the book of Jonah. But then the 66 book Protestant bible returns to centering between the M and N just as the Hebrew Masoretic Text does. I personally believe that this scheme of the four Bibles is definity intentional and has much more of a story to tell.

Richard Amiel McGough
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Hello RAM, Yes you are correct that the Hebrew alphabet does not center between the letters M and N. But the Hebrew Massoretic Text does.

.........(middle-

Isn't this enough to show us that there is also a code embedded into this scheme? When you consider the first most original 77 book Christian Bible which the Orthodox Church still uses today it's center book is Jonah. The Catholic 73 book Vulgate Bible also centers exacty on the book of Jonah. But then the 66 book Protestant bible returns to centering between the M and N just as the Hebrew Masoretic Text does. I personally believe that this scheme of the four Bibles is definity intentional and has much more of a story to tell.
Well, that looks "forced" to me because the Haftorah is not itself a book of the Tanakh. It has 39 books, so the middle is a single book, Micah. Also, the Jews who put together the Tanakh do not count 39 books because they group them together to get 24 books, so then we do get a "two book" middle, but those "two books" now are Ezekiel (12th) and the entire "Book of the 12" (13th). Here's an image of how all these arrangements relate to each other from my article comparing the Christian OT and the Jewish Tanakh (http://biblewheel.com/canon/ChristianOT_vs_Tanakh.asp):

http://biblewheel.com/Canon/CanonCompare_330.gif

I've been studying patterns in the Scriptures for many years, and I can't say that the "M-N" pattern shows any signs of design. I can see how it caught your attention, but it doesn't seem like it will lead to anything significant. I could be wrong of course, and would be happy to pursue this with you where ever it leads.

All the best,

Richard

dan b
02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, that looks "forced" to me because the Haftorah is not itself a book of the Tanakh. It has 39 books, so the middle is a single book, Micah. Also, the Jews who put together the Tanakh do not count 39 books because they group them together to get 24 books, so then we do get a "two book" middle, but those "two books" now are Ezekiel (12th) and the entire "Book of the 12" (13th). Here's an image of how all these arrangements relate to each other from my article comparing the Christian OT and the Jewish Tanakh (http://biblewheel.com/canon/ChristianOT_vs_Tanakh.asp):

http://biblewheel.com/Canon/CanonCompare_330.gif

I've been studying patterns in the Scriptures for many years, and I can't say that the "M-N" pattern shows any signs of design. I can see how it caught your attention, but it doesn't seem like it will lead to anything significant. I could be wrong of course, and would be happy to pursue this with you where ever it leads.

All the best,

Richard

Hi Richard, Well to tell you the truth, I myself feel that God has opened up his mysteries even to the unlearned. Therefore, when I walk into a major public lybrary such as the one in London England, Vancouver B.C. or in Berlin and go into the religious section of books I find the above Masoretic Text as the primary example of the Hebrew Text. In fact in most of these and other lybraries I find only this text and nothing else. Now I'm with the common people who do not have accsess or time to find and research every other old and particular copies of Bibles. We must do our reasoning and research from the public common domain. And I myself believe that God expected it to be this way.

I know that some Hebrews counted their Bible as having 24 books by combining Chronicles and the like. I also can see that when Martin Luther and the King James Bible scholars went back and used the Hebrew Massoretic Text which I have printed above as the one they put into the 66 book Protestant Bible. They used this Massoretic Text for it's contents but they put the books into the order such as the Orthodox and Vulgate Bible arrangement. So it worked out a miracle, the fact that the Protestant bible fits the three headings of the Old Testament Hebrew Bible! And they didn't change any of the books in the arrangement.

The fact that the Greek Alphabet, the Engish Alphabet, the Hebrew Bible, the Protestant Bible are all centered betwen the M and N. is indeed miraculous! Jesus too is in the center of history as we say BC. and AD. And the center Bible Prophets of Mica and Nahum do indeed proclaim, one the coming and curcifixion of Jesus and the other the revenge that God will take for them killing him. I see it all as miraculous!

Richard Amiel McGough
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi Richard, Well to tell you the truth, I myself feel that God has opened up his mysteries even to the unlearned. Therefore, when I walk into a major public lybrary such as the one in London England, Vancouver B.C. or in Berlin and go into the religious section of books I find the above Masoretic Text as the primary example of the Hebrew Text. In fact in most of these and other lybraries I find only this text and nothing else. Now I'm with the common people who do not have accsess or time to find and research every other old and particular copies of Bibles. We must do our reasoning and research from the public common domain. And I myself believe that God expected it to be this way.

Hey there Dan,

I was not disputing the order or content of the 39 books of the Tanakh. I was pointing out that the Haftorah is NOT a book of the Tanakh by anyone's reckoning and so your count is off by one, and the middle book is Micah, not the pair "Micah and Nahum." That was my only point.

The fact that the Greek Alphabet, the Engish Alphabet, the Hebrew Bible, the Protestant Bible are all centered betwen the M and N. is indeed miraculous! Jesus too is in the center of history as we say BC. and AD. And the center Bible Prophets of Mica and Nahum do indeed proclaim, one the coming and curcifixion of Jesus and the other the revenge that God will take for them killing him. I see it all as miraculous!
Believe me, I have no problem with your perception of the miraculous! But myself, I see only a dim hint of a pattern here, nothing the speaks "clearly" to me, for the reasons stated. But don't let me discourage you. Maybe I'm blind or something! I appreciate your enthusiasm. Now that this is on my radar, perhaps more of a pattern will show itself.

Great chatting!

Richard

gem
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM

.........(middle-

It seems I remember this being discussed in a thread here, I don't remember the context, but that also Micah and Nahum fall on the middle two spokes of the Bible Wheel.
I think.
g

Richard Amiel McGough
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
It seems I remember this being discussed in a thread here, I don't remember the context, but that also Micah and Nahum fall on the middle two spokes of the Bible Wheel.
I think.
g
Yes, that is correct. Dan noted in the opening post that Micah and Nahum are found in the middle of the Protestant Bible:

Gen....Ex.....Lev...............Micah............. ..Nahum.......................Rev
..1......2.......3...................33........... ........34............................66

Folks familiar with the Bible Wheel would probably realize that the middle of the Bible would fall between the 11th and 12th Spokes. But this doesn't actually fit the pattern Dan was noting, because the corresponding letters are Kaph and Lamed, not Mem and Nun.

Richard

dan b
02-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey there Dan,

I was not disputing the order or content of the 39 books of the Tanakh. I was pointing out that the Haftorah is NOT a book of the Tanakh by anyone's reckoning and so your count is off by one, and the middle book is Micah, not the pair "Micah and Nahum." That was my only point.

Hello again RAM, When I read back some of my posts I do seem a little drastic and curt in my communications. I'm sorry about this. I guesse I'm quite concerned with the subject and I'm also just that type of personality, quick, harsh and get the job done and the point explained. Mabey I seem a bit self-centered in my presentations. I'm sorry if it offends. Thanks for not just abandoning me in this discussion.

Now about the Haftorah. Yes it is just some parts of the Old Testament which the Jews often read in their Synagoge. But the point of it is that is has indeed been put into the Old Testament Bible as a 40th book. So somehow history has indeed made the most commmon and available Hebrew Bible today to have the number of books that would make it's center between Micah and Nahum. The Lord has done many things throughout history to make them fit his pattern and therefore show us signs and paths leading to understanding.

I myself personally see that just as the Old Testament Law of Moses lasted just for 39 Centuries from Adam in Mesopotamia until the end of Malachi, so too was their old Law allowing only 39 stripes with the whip. Paul himself admitted to receiving the 39 stripes.2 Cor.11;24 He said he recieved "forty stripes same one." To me this shows that the Old Testament Law of Moses could not pass into the 40th Century. It is because Jesus was there. Jesus Christ is in the Bible represented by the Sun which was created on the 4th day. Jesus was born during the very end of the 4 millennium after Adam. But the Haftorah was added in order to bring about the miraculous harmony which is presented to us when we examine the generations of 4 Bibles brought down to us Protestant Christians.

Believe me, I have no problem with your perception of the miraculous! But myself, I see only a dim hint of a pattern here, nothing the speaks "clearly" to me, for the reasons stated. But don't let me discourage you. Maybe I'm blind or something! I appreciate your enthusiasm. Now that this is on my radar, perhaps more of a pattern will show itself.

Great chatting!

Richard

Now about the resulting center of the Bible between Micah and Nahum consider the following. In the Book of Micah, which represents the time of Jesus coming down from heaven and walking upon the mount of Olives it says "For, behold, the Lord cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and thread upon the high places of the earth." (the high place is Jerusalem)

Mic.1;5 says "For the transgression of Jacob is all this..."

Because Mic.1;9 says "...her wound is incurable,..."

So Mic.5;1 says "they will smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek."

All of this forcast in Micah shows Jesus Christ coming down upon the earth to begin his restoration process of the people of the failed law of Moses. This all happened on the first half of history.

Then, on the other side of the Bible's half, the other side of history, the book of Nahum begins with the words "...The Lord revengeth, the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance....." Nah.1;2

It mentions Judah betraying Christ "There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the Lord, a wicked counseller." Nah.1;11

Then it explains what has happened with Christ's coming, his betrayal and his crucifixion with the words "For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder." Nah.1;13

Nahum 2;2 then goes on to hint to us of what the Apostle Paul later explained about how now the Gentiles will be as "grafted branches" onto the vine of Israel. "...for the emptiers have emptied them out, and marred their vine branches. Paul explains about this grafting on of the new Christian Covenant to Israel in Rm.11

So I myself see quite clearly that these two books Micah and Nahum have been placed by God's deliberations quite purposely as the center of the bible. They describe the center of history. Jesus Christ is the center. Even the worlds Messiah corresponds with the Greek and Semitic word "messa" which means center or middle. And to an Orthodox Greek or Russian Christian the work "Christ" is similar to them as their word for "cross" or Krest. This inferrs a crossing point of meeting in the center.

Apart from what my above feeble explanation may show about all of this, is the amazing and obviously deliberate way that the four Bibles have been delivered to us in sucsession and with their amazing numerical correspondences. Ah, but this is another subject. Keep on studying. Best wishes!

Mike
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
A...B...C...D........................M............ ......N....................X....Y.....Z
1...2...3...4........................13........... ......14...................24...25...26
....................................."the alphabet middle"

Alph...Beta...Gama...............M................ ..N.............................Omega
..1.......2........3.................12........... .......13..............................24
...................................."Greek alphabet middle"

4000BC....3000BC...2000BC.....Jesus Christ.....1000AD...2000AD..3000AD
................." Jesus Christ is in middle of calendar, between BC and AD

I know this is an old thread, but seeing "Mica and Nahum" in the middle of everything like that really struck me, for some reason. My name is Michael Neuman (actually Michael David Neuman). My birthday is in the middle of the calendar as well - in a sense. It's actually today, June 29, the 180th day of the year. If the calendar was still 360 days, that would be the middle. With the modern calendar, my birthday is 180 days after New Years and 180 before Christmas. I was born in 1967 - the day Israel removed the barricades, reunifying Jerusalem. http://www.historyorb.com/date/1967/june/29. Today I turn 44.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
I know this is an old thread, but seeing "Mica and Nahum" in the middle of everything like that really struck me, for some reason. My name is Michael Neuman (actually Michael David Neuman). My birthday is in the middle of the calendar as well - in a sense. It's actually today, June 29, the 180th day of the year. If the calendar was still 360 days, that would be the middle. With the modern calendar, my birthday is 180 days after New Years and 180 before Christmas. I was born in 1967 - the day Israel removed the barricades, reunifying Jerusalem. http://www.historyorb.com/date/1967/june/29. Today I turn 44.
Happy birthday ...

:bcake:

... and welcome to our forum Mike!

I look forward to your contributions.

Richard

Mike
06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks Richard. I hope I can contribute. Virtually everything about the bible is new to me. I only started reading it a few months ago.

I like your signature, by the way. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Michael

Richard Amiel McGough
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Richard. I hope I can contribute. Virtually everything about the bible is new to me. I only started reading it a few months ago.

I like your signature, by the way. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Michael
Great! But we'll have to wait till next week to get to know each other. I'll be leaving for a week long camping trip tomorrow. I'm going to the Rainbow Gathering. It's in a different state each year, and this years it's in my home state of Washington.

Mike
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks again, Richard - I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I'm not able to start new threads, and I'm not sure why - I did search through the rules but I couldn't figure out what the prerequisites are. Sorry if I missed something obvious. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated :) Thanks

Happy birthday ...

:bcake:

... and welcome to our forum Mike!

I look forward to your contributions.

Richard

Rose
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks again, Richard - I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I'm not able to start new threads, and I'm not sure why - I did search through the rules but I couldn't figure out what the prerequisites are. Sorry if I missed something obvious. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated :) Thanks

Hi Mike,

Richard's away from home right now, but I can answer your question..:D The Forum rules are such that new members cannot start threads until after a trial period. The reason for that rule is to protect the Forum from "spammers". When Richard gets back I'm sure he will approve you for Thread starting...:winking0071:

Rose

gilgal
11-01-2011, 11:50 AM
So maybe that is why the book of Micah begins by saying " the Lord cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth."(Jerusalem to be exact)Micah 1;3

This reminds me of Genesis 11

Genesis 11:1 KJV - And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
Genesis 11:2 KJV - And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
Genesis 11:3 KJV - And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
Genesis 11:4 KJV - And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
Genesis 11:5 KJV - And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
Genesis 11:6 KJV - And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Genesis 11:7 KJV - Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Genesis 11:8 KJV - So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Genesis 11:9 KJV - Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Also I wonder if this was the period where man gave up the nomadic life and settled down which might connect to the word place in Micah's (spoke 11) verse highlighted above.

Also the Temple or place of God is mentioned in the 11th book 1Kings.

Richard Amiel McGough
11-01-2011, 12:15 PM
This reminds me of Genesis 11

Also I wonder if this was the period where man gave up the nomadic life and settled down which might connect to the word place in Micah's (spoke 11) verse highlighted above.

Also the Temple or place of God is mentioned in the 11th book 1Kings.
There's a strong link between the Number 11 and the Temple and God's Throne. Here is a post (http://biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14173&postcount=38) I wrote about this a couple years ago:

As I was thinking about the symbolic meaning of the cubic New Jerusalem, I recalled that the Holy of Holies, also known as the "Oracle" that resided in the center of the Temple of Solomon, was cubic 20 x 20 x 20:

1 Kings 6:20 And the oracle in the forepart was twenty cubits in length, and twenty cubits in breadth, and twenty cubits in the height thereof: and he overlaid it with pure gold; and so covered the altar which was of cedar. 21 So Solomon overlaid the house within with pure gold: and he made a partition by the chains of gold before the oracle; and he overlaid it with gold. 22 And the whole house he overlaid with gold, until he had finished all the house: also the whole altar that was by the oracle he overlaid with gold.
And why did God use a cube for these two symbols of His Holy Place? The first thing that comes to mind is the perfect symmetry of the cube which also is noted by most commentators.

Yet there is more. These symmetric symbols are symmetrically placed in God's Word! The Oracle in 1 Kings (Spoke 11) and the New Jerusalem in Revelation (Spoke 22) are the only cubic structures defined in the Bible. They are both defined as the place where God dwells. And now with the revelation of the large-scale symmetric structure of God's Word in the form of the Wheel, we discover that God placed these two cubic structures symmetrically on the Bible Wheel. The Oracle is found in 1 Kings (Spoke 11) and the New Jerusalem is found in Reveleation (Spoke 22). Thus, these two cubes are found diametrically opposed on the eleventh diameter. This means that these two symmetrical objects are symmetrically placed in the symmetrical revelation of God's Word!

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/diameter11.jpg

It must be remembered that this insight is possible only because we have displayed God's Word in the symmetrical form of the Wheel.

And this brings us back to our meditation upon God's creation. Why are planets spherical? It is because of the laws that God used in the design of His universe. The spherical form is the most compact way to arrange all the matter of the planet. It minimizes the energy of configuration. Exactly the same principles apply to the structure of His Word. The Bible Wheel is the most compact way to represent the 66 books. It is perfectly symmetrical, like a circle. And when we study the detailed design, we find that the two ultimate symmetric symbols - the cubic Holy of Holies and the cubic New Jerusalem - align with perfect symmetry on the Eleventh Diameter!

I have much more to say. I will write more as time permits.

Richard

And this fits perfectly with the chapter on Spoke 11 in the Bible Wheel book called The Throne of Glory (http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Kaph_Glory.asp).

gilgal
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Hmmm...

The word for place (http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H4725&t=KJV) which means to stand is close to the word resurrection in Hebrew Qum which appears commonly in Spoke 11. The theme of resurrection is common in spoke 11.