PDA

View Full Version : spoke 20

gilgal
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Words Searched For: fight + lord + with you

Deuteronomy 20
4 For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

2 Chronicles 20
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

gilgal
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Words Searched For: against + fight + fought

Deuteronomy 20
4 For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
10When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
19When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life) to employ them in the siege:

Isaiah 20
1 In the year that Tartan came unto Ashdod, (when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him,) and fought against Ashdod, and took it;

Victor
01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Deuteronomy 20

2 Chronicles 20
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

Very nice find! Congratulations.

Victor
01-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Deuteronomy 20
10When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
19When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life) to employ them in the siege:

Isaiah 20
1 In the year that Tartan came unto Ashdod, (when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him,) and fought against Ashdod, and took it;

Is it a unique link?

gilgal
01-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Is it a unique link?
I don't have any search engine to test and see if it's a key link. But you have to see the present tense and past tense (or future tense?) ...take/took, fight/fought.
Another thematic link I found but saw no words in common yet, was Deuteronomy 20 and 1Kings 20 where Deuteronomy 20 says that God will fight for Israel even when they are in overwhelming odds against their enemies. 1Kings 20 mentioned that the Israelites were like 2 flocks whereas the Syrians were a huge host. But that fight, God was with Ahab. And Benhadad asks for his mercy knowing that the Israelite Kings are merciful kings. Mercy is a spoke 20 word.

Victor
01-08-2011, 05:53 AM
I don't have any search engine to test and see if it's a key link. But you have to see the present tense and past tense (or future tense?) ...take/took, fight/fought.

I just checked and it is not a KeyLink. 'Fighting and taking' is a rather common expression, but it seems that it's more often found in Joshua 10, 2 Samuel and Jeremiah 32.

Another thematic link I found but saw no words in common yet, was Deuteronomy 20 and 1Kings 20 where Deuteronomy 20 says that God will fight for Israel even when they are in overwhelming odds against their enemies. 1Kings 20 mentioned that the Israelites were like 2 flocks whereas the Syrians were a huge host. But that fight, God was with Ahab. And Benhadad asks for his mercy knowing that the Israelite Kings are merciful kings. Mercy is a spoke 20 word.

Good insight. This is a thematic link between Deu 20 and 1Ki 20.

As for common words, check Deu 20:1 and 1Ki 20:1 and also the word "see" (Spoke 20 keyword).

"Mercy" doesn't appear in 1Ki 20 but the concept does! Nice.

Victor
01-08-2011, 11:15 AM
"Mercy" doesn't appear in 1Ki 20 but the concept does! Nice.

I noticed that "mercy" doesn't appear, but "merciful" does.

1 Kings 20:31 And his servants said unto him, Behold now, we have heard that the kings of the house of Israel are merciful kings: let us, I pray thee, put sackcloth on our loins, and ropes upon our heads, and go out to the king of Israel: peradventure he will save thy life.
In this case, the word is the Chet KeyWord Chesed, not the Resh KeyWord Racham.

gilgal
01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I noticed that "mercy" doesn't appear, but "merciful" does.

1 Kings 20:31 And his servants said unto him, Behold now, we have heard that the kings of the house of Israel are merciful kings: let us, I pray thee, put sackcloth on our loins, and ropes upon our heads, and go out to the king of Israel: peradventure he will save thy life.
In this case, the word is the Chet KeyWord Chesed, not the Resh KeyWord Racham.
ok thanks.