PDA

View Full Version : Spoke 3 Leviticus/Lamentations/2Corinthians

gilgal
12-07-2010, 12:15 AM
http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Gimel_Spirit.asp

I'm reading and comparing these books.

Looking at the phrase Sweet savour/savor. I thought Leviticus had the most hits as I'm posting but Numbers seems to have more verses than Leviticus. But I posted anyways to see what your thoughts are.

Leviticus 3
5And Aaron's sons shall burn it on the altar upon the burnt sacrifice, which is upon the wood that is on the fire: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor unto the LORD.
16And the priest shall burn them upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire for a sweet savor: all the fat is the LORD's.
Leviticus 3
31And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savor unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.
Leviticus 6
15And he shall take of it his handful, of the flour of the meat offering, and of the oil thereof, and all the frankincense which is upon the meat offering, and shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savor, even the memorial of it, unto the LORD.
Leviticus 8
21And he washed the inwards and the legs in water; and Moses burnt the whole ram upon the altar: it was a burnt sacrifice for a sweet savor, and an offering made by fire unto the LORD; as the LORD commanded Moses.
28And Moses took them from off their hands, and burnt them on the altar upon the burnt offering: they were consecrations for a sweet savor: it is an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

2 Corinthians 2
15For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: