PDA

View Full Version : Spoke 7 and the 7th century

gilgal
09-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Isn't the birth of Islam in the 7th century? Doesn't Islam come from Shalom as in "peace" or rest as in the 7th day?

Also Zayin is weapon right? Wasn't Zayin used for the spread of the Islamic religion?

Richard Amiel McGough
09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Isn't the birth of Islam in the 7th century? Doesn't Islam come from Shalom as in "peace" or rest as in the 7th day?

Also Zayin is weapon right? Wasn't Zayin used for the spread of the Islamic religion?
Yes, Islam is from the root salam, which is cognate with shalom, peace. But it actually carries more of the idea of "submission" as explained in this etymoloical entry from the online American Heritage Dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Islam):

Arabic 'islm, submission, from 'aslama, to surrender, resign oneself, from Syriac 'alem, to make peace, surrender, derived stem of lem, to be complete; see lm in Semitic roots.

Muslims will tell you that "Isalm" is supposed to mean "submission to Allah" but in practice it often seems to take the form of "submit to my rule or I'll cut off your head with my sword." Evidence of this comes straight from the Quran, Surah 9:29 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=282392):

Surah 9.29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

:eek: There it is ... the command to subjugate the world by force, straight from their "holy" book.

Now given the fact that Islam is commonly known as the "Religion of the Sword" - an appellation richly deserved and derived directly from their book and their behaviour throughout history - it is no small coincidence that it originated in the Seventh Century, corresponding to Zayin which denotes a Weapon in general and a Sword in particular. Islam is the negative side of shalom - it is the "peace" that comes to those conquered and enslaved. Read the Seventh Book (Judges) to understand more of the relation between Zayin, constant warfare, and Islam. It is interesting that the Book of Judges records seven sequences (http://www.biblecentre.org/commentaries/ar_07_ot_overview_judges.htm) of 1) apostacy, 2) oppression, and 3) salvation.

Zayin is a very dynamic letter, with a lot of motion and self-contradiction in it. It has the energy of a busy buzzing bee, never at rest. It is from this enegy that we retreat in the stillness and quiet of and true peace of "sabbath."

Richard

Richard Amiel McGough
09-13-2007, 10:46 AM
This pic is from a Shiite sword and blood ritual called Ashoura (http://factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000635.html):

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/insane_shiite_5.jpg

The wounds are inflicted with a razor, dagger, or sword. They also do it to their babies:

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/ashoura-more-02.jpg

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/ashoura-more-01.jpg

In view of all this blood is would be easy to forget that the Muslims are not our enemies ... they are victims of the devil. Our Enemy has them in bondage to blood, and pain, and death. We must labour to free them from their bondage! We must pray that they will see that only the Blood of Christ can free them!

Remember! Our battle is NOT against Muslems! Save for the blood of Christ, we are the same as they in every way! Our battle is for the truth of Christ and against the lies of the devil that keep them enslaved!

Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Richard

shalag
09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Arabic 'islm, submission, from 'aslama, to surrender, resign oneself, from Syriac 'alem, to make peace, surrender, derived stem of lem, to be complete; see lm in Semitic roots.Yes, Islam is from the root salam, which is cognate with shalom, peace. But it actually carries more of the idea of "submission" as explained in this etymoloical entry from the online American Heritage Dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Islam):

Muslims will tell you that "Isalm" is supposed to mean "submission to Allah" but in practice it often seems to take the form of "submit to my rule or I'll cut off your head with my sword." Evidence of this comes straight from the Quran, Surah 9:29 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=282392):

:eek: There it is ... the command to subjugate the world by force, straight from their "holy" book.

Now given the fact that Islam is commonly known as the "Religion of the Sword" - an appellation richly deserved and derived directly from their book and their behaviour throughout history - it is no small coincidence that it originated in the Seventh Century, corresponding to Zayin which denotes a Weapon in general and a Sword in particular. Islam is the negative side of shalom - it is the "peace" that comes to those conquered and enslaved. Read the Seventh Book (Judges) to understand more of the relation between Zayin, constant warfare, and Islam. It is interesting that the Book of Judges records seven sequences (http://www.biblecentre.org/commentaries/ar_07_ot_overview_judges.htm) of 1) apostacy, 2) oppression, and 3) salvation.

Zayin is a very dynamic letter, with a lot of motion and self-contradiction in it. It has the energy of a busy buzzing bee, never at rest. It is from this enegy that we retreat in the stillness and quiet of and true peace of "sabbath."

RichardVery rich - and actually a direct answer to prayer for me in understanding something that I'm actually walking out right now.
Also reference the bee, Deborah (bee) wife of Lapidoth (torches/lightning flashes) makes her appearance in the 7th book of Judges.

Richard Amiel McGough
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Very rich - and actually a direct answer to prayer for me in understanding something that I'm actually walking out right now.
Also reference the bee, Deborah (bee) wife of Lapidoth (torches/lightning flashes) makes her appearance in the 7th book of Judges.
It took me a long time to really get a handle on Zayin because its busy-ness is so opposite of the shalom of shabbat. But then I finally realized thats what shabbat is all about - being still and silent in the midst of the world which is always buzzing with conflict. I find it extremely interesting that the Divine Name Jehovahshalom = YHVH Shalom = The LORD is Peace is revealed only in Book 7:

Judges 6:24 Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

It seems like there is something significant about Deborah (bee) and the fact that she was a female judge. I've always sensed a subtle connection between the number 7 and women, partly because the seventh commandment "no adultery." But I'm still waiting for more light on that. Things like that often float in the background of my mind for years before the missing piece comes in view and I say "eureka!"

Richard

shalag
09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
It took me a long time to really get a handle on Zayin because its busy-ness is so opposite of the shalom of shabbat. But then I finally realized thats what shabbat is all about - being still and silent in the midst of the world which is always buzzing with conflict. I find it extremely interesting that the Divine Name Jehovahshalom = YHVH Shalom = The LORD is Peace is revealed only in Book 7:

It seems like there is something significant about Deborah (bee) and the fact that she was a female judge. I've always sensed a subtle connection between the number 7 and women, partly because the seventh commandment "no adultery." But I'm still waiting for more light on that. Things like that often float in the background of my mind for years before the missing piece comes in view and I say "eureka!"

RichardRe Ginsburgh:
The Maggid of Mezeritch, the successor of the Ba’al Shem Tov, teaches that the verse "A woman of valor is the crown of her husband" alludes to the form of the letter zayin. The previous letter, vav, portrays the or yashar ("straight light") descending from God into the worlds. The zayin, whose form is similar to a vav, though with a crown on top, reflects the or yashar of the vav as or chozer ("returning light"). Or chozer ascends with such great force that it reaches a higher state of consciousness than that of the revealed origin-point of the or yashar. When reaching the initially superconscious realm of keter (the "crown"), it broadens its awareness to both the right and the left. In truth "there is no left in that Ancient One [the level of keter], for all is right." This means that the awe of God (left) at this initially superconscious level is indistinguishable, in its nature to cling directly to God, from the highest manifestation of the love of God (right).
The experience of or chozer, subsequent to the consummation of the creative process inherent in or yashar, the creation of man on the sixth day, is the secret of the seventh day of Creation--Shabbat. The Shabbat Queen" who, in general, signifies woman in relation to man--"the woman of valor is the crown of her husband"-- has the power to reveal in her husband his own superconscious crown, the experience of serene pleasure and sublime will innate in the day of Shabbat.
"Who is a good [literally, "kosher"] woman? She who does her husband’s will." Chassidut explains that the word "does" also means "rectifies," as said in the completion of the account of Creation (the seal of the seventh day, Shabbat): "that which God created to do"-- "to do" in the sense of "to rectify" (thus implying that God has given us the task to consummate the rectification of His Creation), as explained by the Sages. Thus the "kosher woman" is she who rectifies her husband’s will by elevating him to ever new awareness of previously superconscious realms of soul.
Zayin written as back to back VAV's - light reflecting light - always reminded me of this Scripture in 1John 1:7 on the 18th TZADI spoke - the letter that begins 'Zion' which plays on 'Zayin':
1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

White
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey Richard, Shalag & Gilgal,

What grisly pictures - O may the world see what ISLAM is all about - pain and suffering - O merciful (???) God - That baby covered in blood breakes my heart and turns my stomach! May the God of Father Abraham, Isaac and Jacob open the eyes of the JEWISH PEOPLE to HIMSELF and then remove the veil over the eyes of the Muslims. May the BLOOD OF CHRIST - the true sacrifice - become the BLOOD OF VICTORY and REMISSION OF SINS and may these poor souls be set free from the curse - the curse - of Allah.

I did not know about this post till just now - I'm transferring my Hebrew Alphabet Post which I did on Zayin and Mem earlier today, stated below:

Codebreaker just loaned me a book I always wanted : "The WIsdom in the Hebrew Alphabet" - The Sacred Letters as a Guide to Jewish Deed and Thought.
"AYIN" = THE SYMBOL OF SIGHT AND INSIGHT - very appropriate!

"As the origin of sight, "AYIN" reveals more to man than any of the other four senses. As the Midrash puts it, there are two hundred fourtyeight organs in the human body, and their movements are directed by the eyes. The eye is the window of the brain, since it is through the sense of sight that man perceives external impressions that he then internalizes, enabling him to understand them more thoroughly." That sums it up quite nicely, hey?

Just looking through this amazing book - the first letter I studied was Chapter Seven : ZAYIN - The Symbol of Spirit, Sustenance and Struggle.
Which of course is linked to the Creation story - "God created the universe in six days and rested on the SEVENTH", at it were. Then I came across this interesting tidbit:

"The eminence of the letter Zayin signifying the spiritual nucleus of all action and existence is symbolized by the SEVEN SHEPHERDS (Micah 5:4) who will lead the battle to bring about the promised redemption of the Children of Israel : David (expressing the Messianic monarchy) will stand in the center; Adam, Seth and Methuselah (representing mankind as a whole) will flank him on its right; and Abraham, Jacob and Moses (representing the shepherds of Israel) will stand at his left (Succah 52b) Ein Yaakov). Interestingly the book says Abraham, Jacob and Moses leaving out Isaac). It mentions that because of Yom Kippur's greater restrictions on labor, this day is called a DAY OF COMPLETE REST (Leviticus 23:32) - the Sabbath above all other Sabbath which will start next Friday sundown - 9/21/2007 -ending with the Neilah service which brings Yom Kippur to its conclusion with the sevenfold proclamation of HASHEM IS GOD. - 7th day, 7th Letter, 7 Festival days when work is forbidden of which Yom Kippur is the highest, the Sabbath is also considered the "Seventh Heaven", waiting for the Seven Shepherds...(see above) God is so precise yet so mysterious at the same time. So much for the 7th Letter on the Hebrew Alphabet. (See my other post on "MEM" - Concealed / Revealed / Messiah & Moses - the 13th Letter in the Alphabet on the other post :Hand-Eye coordination)

May we all pray daily for Peace / Shalom to Jerusalem & the Holy Land according to PSALM 122 - Find a prayer partner - pray the Psalm for SHALOm and Pray Psalm 91 for protection - DAILY! It only takes a few minutes but I know in my heart that GOD listens, acts and protects.
Shalom
White

gilgal
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM

Richard
The thing about the book of Judges is to show that God used the weak things to confound the mighty.

Doesn't Deborah also mean word? After all it is found in the 5th chapter which goes along with Debarim the Hebrew title of Deuteronomy.